Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Could a car start without its instrument clocks?

• 23-03-2010 12:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭

Hi All

From a previous post I’m having a bit of trouble since I removed the instrument clocks in my Leon. Now it won’t start as the immobiliser is cutting the car out.

I believe the immobiliser is in the instrument clocks so I was thinking could I drive it without the clocks or would the immobiliser still stop it from starting.

I’m just looking to get the car to a garage so I can recode the immobiliser. I don’t want to do further damage to the instrument panel.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭Neilw

No it's not going to run without the clocks. The clocks, key and ecu are matched, if ther all not there, no go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Darn that plan out the window :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Theanswers

Not true, I know Vw caddys, mazda 323 and a new RR will run without the instrument clock. Wont clock miles either :D

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭IanVW

it wont run

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Theanswers

Well, I havent checked it on the caddy. But i Know for sure the RR and 323 run without the clocks. The mazda you lose indercators. As For the RR all you lose is light power steering for the main part it's still working. However neither are clocking miles. I wonder is the caddy the same, i really suspect so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,594 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Ring Cashmans in Midelton and ask for Aidan ( service Manager)
    Very nice to deal with and way cheaper than O'Leary's ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭Neilw

Theanswers wrote: »
    Not true, I know Vw caddys, mazda 323 and a new RR will run without the instrument clock. Wont clock miles either :D

It's a seat leon not a RR or mazda 323, it won't run without the clocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Did you try resetting it by disconnecting the battery for about an hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

I know this is might sound mad, but stick in the old cluster
    (it'll get you mobile again) ring a few garages tell them you have
    another cluster which you'd like installed. Plus get a price
    on the job. Hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

vectra wrote: »
    Ring Cashmans in Midelton and ask for Aidan ( service Manager)
    Very nice to deal with and way cheaper than O'Leary's ;)

+1

He'll def do free advice over the phone too. Sound guy

• Advertisement
Advertisement