Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

B & W Squirrel C & C

• 23-03-2010 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭

Took this on the same day as the robin. Let me know what you think.

B & W Squirrel:

4455885768_70ed120c97.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Hairy Japanese ba--Look great, actually, although I would really love to see it in colour. You have a great pose, great bokeh and great sharpness. Is it cropped?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,402 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Really like it, very sharp, perfect exposure. Could have a tighter crop to get rid of the two trees on the left and right side. The only slight negitive really is a bit of fringing or something on the branch above his head, but maybe thats just the way the blur is, at full size it looks fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

No2 is really good crop, really sharp as well I like both colour + B&W

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Really like B&W #2. Nice and clear, sharp and caught the little guy/gal? in a good pose.

50 - 150mm, what kind of zoom is that? I'm a complete n00b when it comes to lenses. How far from him were you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Visuelle

Lovely shot, I prefer it in B+W.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I had thought colour would be better, but I can see now that the B&W is superior.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Fenster wrote: »
    Hairy Japanese ba--

Thats rabbits :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I really prefer the B&W, it's lovely and crisp. I think I prefer the tighter crop, too... only by a smidge, though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

My favourite is the crop posted in the OP. Cropping out the tree brings everything a bit close, I liked it the way it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭HotSwap

Really like B&W #2. Nice and clear, sharp and caught the little guy/gal? in a good pose.

50 - 150mm, what kind of zoom is that? I'm a complete n00b when it comes to lenses. How far from him were you?

I was probably about 10 feet away from him when I took that shot. 150mm is not mega zoom.

Advertisement