Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Experts on Scotland needed!

• 23-03-2010 12:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 685 ✭✭✭

I'm flying into Edinburgh on a Sunday morning and out the following Friday morning. I'm thinking of renting a car and hitting the road. I dont want to try and cram too much in but I do want to see as much as I can! Has anyone got any tips, ideas or itineraries they might suggest?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 685 ✭✭✭darrenh

Hey! It's unfair this was moved. My travel question was the same as anyone who asked about Thailand. The best advice is found in there. Thanks.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It depends heavily on what stuff you're into but I would suggest William Wallace statue, the Whiskey trail, Glasgow Science Centre, Stirling Castle and Old Town Trail.
    There's plenty in and around Edinburgh too, Arthur's Seat and the Royal Mile for instance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 KavEnn

darrenh wrote: »
    I'm flying into Edinburgh on a Sunday morning and out the following Friday morning. I'm thinking of renting a car and hitting the road. I dont want to try and cram too much in but I do want to see as much as I can! Has anyone got any tips, ideas or itineraries they might suggest?

Why dont you wander around Edinburgh for a few days-go to Arthurs Seat, The Royal Mile, Castle and do a spot of shopping on Princes St. Lovely bars and restaurants in the West End and then take the car and head to the Highlands?? Fort William is a lovely little town to stay in and you could hike around Ben Nevis and Glen Nevis for a day or two. The scenery in the Highlands is breathtaking! Enjoy!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

If you are hiring a car you will be spoiled for choice.

I usually start in Glasgow and work my way across to Edinburgh, taking in Stirling Castle on the way, from Edinburgh I head up the east coast through Dundee and Aberdeen, the coastline is out of this world. From there up to Inverness which is beautiful. I head down the west coast through the highlands back to Glasgow.

Obviously there are lots of different towns and cities to see and the lochs and scenery are really spectacular, as well as the more urban areas.

I'm in Scotland quite a lot so feel free to drop me a line if you need any info.

Advertisement