Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden bench

• 23-03-2010 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭

I would love a garden bench but any that I have seen in the shops are very expensive & vey light. I guess I could probably make one myself cheaper. Not very skilled in diy but I have great faith in myself & love a challange. So my question is what to use; I was thinking of 4x2 for the legs & maybe 2x1 for the seat & back?? next question is how long are lenghts of 2x1? rough price of them would help too. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

I bought some 2x1s there recently. iirc 16 feet long and about 1.50e each

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

put an advert on adverts looking for an old bench. try buy the ones without the ornate pces in the middle and then all you have to do is change the poor wood.

alternativly have you contected your local council to find out what they do with theirs

The best tip i can give is paint the new one regardless the coating is crap.

What do you consider expensive....

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Goodne

Good tip about buying an old one. I was looking at one yesterday, it was so light a child could have picked it up & it cost €80

Advertisement