Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kold - Post Your favourite 20 Albums...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

After Post your favourite 20 albums and I'll rate your musical taste out of 10
    I think the time has come that...
    It's owed to the music forum Boards The World

Kold, post your favourite albums and we'll rate your musicial taste out of 10

Great idea !!

C'mon Kold, lets have 'em !! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

And while you're at it, finish ranking the last few lists on there. :D

What's wrong ? Still waiting ! Are you getting "kold" feet ? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭odonopenmic

Rigsby wrote: »
    What's wrong ? Still waiting ! Are you getting "kold" feet ? :p

Seems more like the "kold" shoulder :D

Seems more like the "kold" shoulder :D

It certainly does alright. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I'm 1,500 words short of a seminar paper at the moment but I'll respond once I have some time over Easter hopefully :3

In the meantime, feel free to discuss the different aesthetics of Egon Schiele and Amedeo Modigliani...

The Rachels - Songs for Egon Schiele... That's a nice album.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Saw a schiele exhibition in NY before, quite liked it, thought it kind of odd that he wasn't as well known as others. He certainly has a distinct style.

Austrians have kind of a darker artistic history, just google Austrian actionism if you want to see to what extent. Strange people, something quite alluring about it though, Schiele would be second only to Klimt really though in fame... or notoriety. He's one of my favourite painters ever though, where other painters captured beauty, he made actual sexy works of art. And it doesn't hold back at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Kold wrote: »
    I'm 1,500 words short of a seminar paper at the moment but I'll respond once I have some time over Easter hopefully :3

In the meantime, feel free to discuss the different aesthetics of Egon Schiele and Amedeo Modigliani...

The Rachels - Songs for Egon Schiele... That's a nice album.

Noice paper! Been a good while since I looked at any of that stuff, never really got much of a feel for Modigliani, I remember really liking Munch and Schiele though, must go back to them when I get some time. Interesting character so he was. Didn't know that album existed either, not bad based on first impressions.
    Kold wrote: »
    Austrians have kind of a darker artistic history, just google Austrian actionism if you want to see to what extent. Strange people, something quite alluring about it though, Schiele would be second only to Klimt really though in fame... or notoriety. He's one of my favourite painters ever though, where other painters captured beauty, he made actual sexy works of art. And it doesn't hold back at all.

I don't know if I'd necessarily use a word like sexy, I always find it hard to seperate works of that nature from what I know about the artist though (and I'm a wimmin :P), nearly ruined Matisse for me did that. Definitely compelling though. You doing that in UCC if you don't mind me asking?

Crawford.

• Advertisement

Alright. I'll give this a bash. No chance that there's a static list but I'll do my best for now. No real order either.

1. Radiohead - Amnesiac
    2. Godspeed You Black Emperor! - F#A#∞
    3. BT - This Binary Universe
    4. Tom Waits - Alice
    5. Boards of Canada - The Campfire Headphase
    6. Aphex Twin - Druqz
    7. Nas - Illmatic
    8. Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
    9. Elliott Smith - XO
    10. Modeselektor - Happy Birthday
    11. The Knife - Deep Cuts
    12. Deltron 3030 - Deltron 3030
    13. Radiohead - Hail to the Thief
    14. Love - Forever Changes
    15. Venetian Snare - Rossz Csillag Alatt Született
    16. Sigur Rós - ( )
    17. Burial - Untrue (although his single Moth was better than any song on that album)
    18. Mogwai - Mr Beast
    19. Madvillain - Madvillainy
    20. Felix Laband - Dark Days Exit

That was hard :/ I'm listening to a lovely album at the moment but it's too early to add to any list, Have a Nice Life - Deathconciousness

Ooh and I got my paper in on time :3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

The only good album pre 1990 is Forever Changes? :pac: 3/10

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

Amnesiac at no.1?? It's probably my least favourite Radiohead album apart from PH.

pinksoir wrote: »
    The only good album pre 1990 is Forever Changes? :pac: 3/10
    We live in a contemporary world.
    nommm wrote: »
    Amnesiac at no.1?? It's probably my least favourite Radiohead album apart from PH.

2deep4u

Advertisement