Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Andy Carroll allegedly punches Steven Taylor

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Lol I can just picture Taylor going down like he did against Villa :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Dont particularly like either of them

would like to watch fight however

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Taylor was long overdue a smack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Probably need to change the thread title, it's all "alleged" at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

Xavi6 wrote: »

Or as he did against sunderland. check his wiki page! He was defo overdue getting a slap

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Would be at Newcastle

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Subscribers Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Des wrote: »
    Probably need to change the thread title, it's all "alleged" at the moment.

all legs? Hartson style like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Not surprised at this. Heard Taylor is not popular in the Newcastle squad to put it nicely.
    And Carroll is a hot head, so no surprise at this one really. Was on the cards for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Xavi6 wrote: »

You'd swear a sniper took him out..........the fact that it was Darius Vassell who's shot he stopped made it even funnier, he hardly has a shot like Roberto Carlos in fairness :p

Btw I think Andy Carroll has been hanging around with Joey Barton too long ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

NUFC have refused to comment to the 2 big local papers (the chronicle and the journal)

Pretty damning IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Exactly what we need in the run in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_6049595,00.html
    SSN wrote:
    Newcastle's Steven Taylor is recovering in hospital after a reported training ground bust-up with Andy Carroll.

Magpies boss Mike Ashley and managing director Derek Llambias are to launch an investigation to discover exactly what happened at the Championship leaders' Little Benton training complex which has seen both players hospitalised.

Reports in Tuesday's tabloids have suggested Carroll, Newcastle's leading goalscorer, attacked club captain Taylor after the centre-back received text messages from the striker's former partner.

Taylor is said to be in a stable condition on the orthopaedic trauma ward at Newcastle General Hospital, while Carroll is also believed to have had an operation on his hand following the altercation.

Raekwon wrote: »

You'd swear a sniper took him out..........the fact that it was Darius Vassell who's shot he stopped made it even funnier, he hardly has a shot like Roberto Carlos in fairness :p

A shot from a PL striker into the stomach will take you down no matter who you are, hardly a dive in all fairness. Got up straight away too! Almost got clotheslined by Given by the looks of it :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Reports in Tuesday's tabloids have suggested Carroll, Newcastle's leading goalscorer, attacked club captain Taylor after the centre-back received text messages from the striker's former partner.

The whole ****ing disgrace of modern footballers in a paragraph. Surely Carroll will have to be fined and suspended by the club as his captain spends the rest of the season in recovery, just what you want on the run in to a promotion.

Since when is Taylor the captain?

It's always been Smith or Nolan or Butt.

That_Guy wrote: »

He captained once last season AFIK, kinda shoddy journalism (realises we are talking about the daily mail)

M5 wrote: »
    He captained once last season AFIK, kinda shoddy journalism (realises we are talking about the daily mail)

They don't do leagues outside of the Premier League it seems. :)

We really don't need this sort of crap now. Annoying because Carroll is on a serious run of form at the moment and Taylor was close to coming back.

Would be at Newcastle

Because this sort of stuff happens at no other club. :rolleyes:

Soz I though he was Captain :o (Championship football, whats that eh? ;) )

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »
    Soz I though he was Captain :o (Championship football, whats that eh? ;) )

I don't blame you, I blame the daily fail.

Hey don't knock it til you try it Mike. ;)

Wolves may be rediscovering its charms, a bit of work to do yet. As for Liverpool...may have to worry next season :pac:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Because this sort of stuff happens at no other club. :rolleyes:
    Well it's oddly familiar

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Dyer & Bowyer in amazing punch-up

Well it's probably better than any boxing match Bernard Dunne has thrown up recently.

Happened last week at spurs.... Not that im condoning that kind of crap from any "professional" footballer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

2005!!! :eek:

Carroll has linked up with the squad and will more than likely play tonight according to NUFC.com who are usually accurate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

FFS more wags causing rows in football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

It is kind of funny that Taylor was being hyped as the new John Terry when he broke into the team, turns out he actually is just in a different way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Absolute disgrace.

Might be removing my sig........... :o:o:o:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

This thread is for discussing the incident in question, not trawling through the past to examine cheating/diving/whatever incidents

Actually looking forward to seeing the spin put on this by the club. Im sure "horesplay" and "sliped" will be included

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

article-0-068BFE02000005DC-626_306x615.jpg

Looks like he's captain here to me. The patches on the sleeves would seem to suggest that it's this season. From the Daily Mail website....maybe they just photoshopped the armband on though. Damn Daily Mail.

fullstop wrote: »
    article-0-068BFE02000005DC-626_306x615.jpg

Looks like he's captain here to me. The patches on the sleeves would seem to suggest that it's this season. From the Daily Mail website....maybe they just photoshopped the armband on though. Damn Daily Mail.

He may have been pictured as captain at some stage in a match where the captain had gone off for example. He is not the club captin or even vice captain. As far as i remember he captained once last season

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

Taylors out for the rest of the season with a broken jaw following that incident with Carroll according to sportinglife

• Advertisement

Actually looking forward to seeing the spin put on this by the club. Im sure "horesplay" and "sliped" will be included

What are you talking about? We'll get nothing from them..... as usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Hoki wrote: »
    Taylors out for the rest of the season with a broken jaw following that incident with Carroll according to sportinglife

(Note to self: Do not show Andy Carroll any texts from his bird...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Happened last week at spurs.... Not that im condoning that kind of crap from any "professional" footballer

What happened between Corluka and Assou-Ekotto was a far cry from a punch up in fairness.

What happened between Corluka and Assou-Ekotto was a far cry from a punch up in fairness.

It was merely a glimpse into what always goes on on training grounds. Its not a Newcastle phenomenon at all (that was the point i was making). Type in fight and any team in the search box in youtube and you will find an on pitch scuffle. Thats 90 mins from the 20 hours plus these guys spend together.

Carroll starts tonight!!!!

And also

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_6050433,00.html?
    Newcastle defender Steven Taylor has been discharged from hospital after undergoing treatment on an orthopaedic trauma ward.

Taylor was admitted to Newcastle General Hospital at the weekend and reports have since emerged of an alleged training ground bust-up with team-mate Andy Carroll.
    Taylor, who has spent the last two months recovering from a knee injury, was said to have suffered a broken jaw in the incident.

The Magpies have so far failed to comment on the allegations.

Northumbria Police have confirmed that the matter has not been reported to them.

Taylor is thought to have had his jaw wired together and is not expected to play again this season.

Carroll faces a Crown Court appearance next month on an assault charge in connection with an incident at a city night-spot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

It was merely a glimpse into what always goes on on training grounds. Its not a Newcastle phenomenon at all (that was the point i was making). Type in fight and any team in the search box in youtube and you will find an on pitch scuffle. Thats 90 mins from the 20 hours plus these guys spend together.

Wouldn't it have made more sense to draw attention to an actual fight, like maybe Nick Barmby and Jimmy Bullard?

Wouldn't it have made more sense to draw attention to an actual fight, like maybe Nick Barmby and Jimmy Bullard?

fair enough, I just the fact that it was so recent made more of an impact....

(not too many jaws been broken either in all honesty, few cigarette ends and innocent stuff like that tho)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

Not happy at all i see no one has mentioned that caroll is already in trouble with police for an alleged assault :O not cool man my poor club was on a great run almost half a season without drama and bang two idiots who are geordies fight over a text apparently :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Carroll wearing a cast on his hand

Edit: Carrol is wearing gloves, so is Nolan, read what you will into that

Not happy at all i see no one has mentioned that caroll is already in trouble with police for an alleged assault :O not cool man my poor club was on a great run almost half a season without drama and bang two idiots who are geordies fight over a text apparently :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Ahem!

From the first page......
    Raekwon wrote:
    Btw I think Andy Carroll has been hanging around with Joey Barton too long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Carroll really is the new Duncan Ferguson!

Him and Barton in the squad tonight, Donky players should be careful.

Raekwon wrote: »
    Ahem!

From the first page......

Ah right well you see i didn't know you could click the name :P

Carroll scores, almost inevitable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Good man Carroll tonight but not the end of what will be a long drawn out saga, and that court hearing of course.

Well done carroll keep scoring and the geordie faithful will forgive all!! barton played great when he came on by the way :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement