Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Somewhere picturesque and romantic in dublin on a weekday night!

Options
  • 23-03-2010 1:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

hey,
    anyone have any ideas of a nice romantic spot to drive to on a weekday night,maybe go for a walk or something (weather dependent). Preferably somewhere off the M50.
    was thinking of malahide maybe but any other ideas of some places with a view of the city or sea or something welcome!
    ps this is not a dogging or make out lovers lane type question!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

IMO Howth is beautiful.

Take in the views from the summit and a walk along the cliffs then when you work up an appetite head down to the harbour for a bite to eat and a drink.

My favourite pub on the harbour is The Bloody Stream, grab a bit of grub there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

+1 for Howth/Sutton

Also, how about Dalkey/Killiney Hill? I love going for walks out there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Malahide castle grounds are nice too, not sure what time it closes though. St Annes Park is good too, there are lots of lovely little spots and follies to look at in there, and heaps of squirrels bouncing about.
    As Maki said, Howth is beautiful, especially the cliff walks, but I would also recommend the Rhododendron garden & woods at the back of Deer Park Golf course Hotel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭fransdev

Maybe go to the Lighthouse on the Westwall or Blessington Bassin (Park), don't forget some old bread for the ducks..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

are you going to propose?!?!?
    exciting times!
    or hey, if you're just going to enjoy your walk then enjoy!
    might sound a bit lame but i love the IFSC at night, the new theatre at grand canal dock is so amazing to look at!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Take a walk around Ringsend or go for a drive around Cherry Orchard.

Only reason why your not permanently banned from this forum (and there's been calls for you to be) is that I've confidence in you being a good addition to the forum once you learn what boards.ie is all about.

Your on a longer, and steeper learning curve than most but my patience is wearing thin.

Advertisement