Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early houses in Galway

Options
  • 23-03-2010 2:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭

Where are they? What time do they open? Do they serve breakfast? Have an almighty session coming up and would be good to know.. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Starie1975

http://www.anpucan.ie/ and http://www.garveysinn.com/ both do breakfast.

http://www.galwaybar.com/ Barr An Challadh also do liquid breakfast:rolleyes:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

What time do the above open? I was sure after much investigation that there are no pubs open early in Galway anymore since Padraic's finished up.

I believe some have the market license (e.g. Freeney's) but don't use it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭duckygalway

Padraic's finished!? Oh man!!! What is the earliest time to go for a scoop in Galway and where?!

Padraics / Sheridans still have the license I understand but don't use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭milehip

barr na challah(sic) opens at 8am was talking to the english geezer that has it yesterday,he used to work in thr quays, Hughes opens early aswell i think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Yeah, most of the places with that licence tend not to use it.

milehip wrote: »
    barr na challah(sic) ... Hughes opens early aswell i think.

where are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 fatleomessi

woodquay

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Starie1975

where are they?

Click on my link above buddy.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Railway station. And you can get a soggy sandwich and a scone for breakfast as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

milehip wrote: »
    barr na challah(sic) opens at 8am was talking to the english geezer that has it yesterday,he used to work in thr quays, Hughes opens early aswell i think.

English geezer was talking thru a hole, perhaps, or your ears were a bit clogged.

Irish dude who has the licence also has a premises down the country a bit, and isn't always there.

Irish chick who manages it says they open at 10.30am, just like the licence says. But the bistro upstairs opens at 9, if you want a nice breakfast before you start. She also says that English geezer may start work at 8am sometimes, to put away kegs and clean etc, but he's definitely NOT serving then.

fyi, I'm Kiwi woman, who's attached to other-foreign-guy, who sometimes does some work for them (not behind the bar). It really annoys me to see loose comments like this that may get perfectly well-behaved pubs raided by the guards. Cop on, and don't spread rumours.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Bit harsh JustMary? No?
    In fairness, I didn't even think about raiding until you brought it up, as a lot of the old premises around town, particularly docks and Woodquay, might have had full market licenses.

I think the poster may have been posting in good faith. In fairness, everything on here is heresay, unless we have links to a doc or an official source...
    Raids on venues that are doing nothing wrong, are not actually raids....

Point taken if you are connected to venue, but perhaps not as harshly put :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Sorry if it comes across as harsh .. wasn't the intention.

But this and the Ed's Pizza thread made me cross: boards is a fantastic resource, and last thing we need is for boards to become a source of rumours that kill businesses.

The guards know full well who opens early and who doesn't.

They don't need to be forced into raiding somewhere that they're otherwise happy with, and locking up a bunch of old guys who don't give a toss, because some journalist reads something silly here and prints an article which gets Councillor <insert-your-favourite-muppet-here> started causing trouble.

JustMary wrote: »

And who might they be then?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

They don't need to be forced into raiding somewhere that they're otherwise happy with, and locking up a bunch of old guys who don't give a toss, because some journalist reads something silly here and prints an article which gets Councillor <insert-your-favourite-muppet-here> started causing trouble.

Mary your making an issue out of absolutely nothing. I grew up in a pub, I can assure you the guards don't just go around raiding pubs for the sake of it, they do their homework first.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭milehip

English geezer was talking thru a hole, perhaps, or your ears were a bit clogged.

Irish dude who has the licence also has a premises down the country a bit, and isn't always there.

Irish chick who manages it says they open at 10.30am, just like the licence says. But the bistro upstairs opens at 9, if you want a nice breakfast before you start. She also says that English geezer may start work at 8am sometimes, to put away kegs and clean etc, but he's definitely NOT serving then.

fyi, I'm Kiwi woman, who's attached to other-foreign-guy, who sometimes does some work for them (not behind the bar). It really annoys me to see loose comments like this that may get perfectly well-behaved pubs raided by the guards. Cop on, and don't spread rumours.

whoa both barrels there:rolleyes:
    was only reiteraing what i was told across a bar counter myself
    ( FYI I'm an irish man who works in the trade and i dont really give a **** where you're from!)
    if he's serving before time that's not my fault so take it up with whoever ,
    if hes definitley not serving then(as you wrote) what the problem? the guards can hardly press charges on my wrong info.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement