Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Team Type 1 and 2 new website

• 23-03-2010 8:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Haven't posted here in ages!
    Team Type 1 and Team Type 2 have launch their new website:
    TT1: http://www.teamtype1.org/
    TT2: http://www.teamtype1.org/teams/team_type2
    Team Type 1 has won last year's RAAM edition and they take part to the Tour of Ireland on a regular basis.
    I'm part of team type 2, all the team members have type 2 diabetes. The team will take part for the second year in a row in the RAAM (Race Across America). I am currently trying to follow the training schedule to make the TeamType2 RAAM team for 2011. My fitness has to improve and climbing abilities too. Kildare isn't the greatest county for improving climbing. I have to say this board is a great source of motivation!

There's another lad in Bray but all the others are from the US. The team meet twice a year during a cycling camp, we get great training and good training to manage diabetes and cycling.

Fred
    Sorry it's my real name :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭dave2pvd

How many non-US based riders are there in TT2? I didn't realize there were any....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭Fredo

So far only 2 riders: malcom and myself. We meet Phil Southerland the owner of the team during the last Tour of Ireland and expressed an interest in joining and trying to set up a "european" Team Type 2. Phil was happy to have us on board. I don't know what are the plans for the future but if some people are interested in joining next year PM me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭dave2pvd

That's great.

BTW, I know Phil. We live in the same city, ride in the same pack. He has fond memories of doing the Ras back in the day.

I believe TT1 will compete in both the Ras and ToI this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

Meet the guys from TT1 each year on TOI..... GREAT BUNCH OF LADS I wonder will Matt Wilson come back to defend his KOM title this year in the Tour Of Ireland ? who is he riding for now Garmin is it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭barrabus

Fredo
    I am type 1 diabetic . Do you or the lads on tt1 with diabetes have real time blood sugar monitors ? Can the type1s regulate / vary their insulin in a race situation? It is all good and well to stop during a sportif but during a race it almost impossible to do anything even disconnecting your pump is dodgy.

I would be very keen to hear how the people with type 1 diabetes mange the sugar / food balancing act on race days and during race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭Fredo

Hi Barrabus,
    The guys from TeamType1 use a device call the FreeStyle Navigator. It is a wireless device they have a sensor plugged in their biceps and a monitor attached to the handlebar. It shows the trend of the the blood sugar. The link below explains how it works.
    http://www.freestylenavigator.com/ab_nav/url/content/en_US/10.70:70/general_content/General_Content_0000019.htm

Pm me if you want, I found a monitor a blood sugar monitor that can be used on the bike. And also if you want, some of us are trying to organise one summer spin for people with diabetes to meet new people and exchange tips.

Fred
    Sorry it's my real name :rolleyes:

Advertisement