Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommend a neverwinter nights-ish rpg?

Options
  • 23-03-2010 10:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭

Hi been a while since I have used my pc for gaming due to my graffics card going tits up,but have finally upgraded.

LOved diablo and neverwinter nights.Any one recommend a similar game that i might of missed in the last 2 years.Havent been paying attention to what has been released as I was relegated to console gaming:mad:(ah it wasnt THAT bad:D)

cheers Lab

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Dragon Age Origins

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Dragonage is the closest thing out to Neverwinter Nights (well, apart from Neverwinter Nights 2).

And I think Torchlight is meant to be very like Diablo.

And The Witcher is kind of in the middle. It's like neverwinter, but with a more diablo style combat (but it's not and action game like Diablo. It's firmly in the RPG camp).

There's also Space Siege and Dungeon Siege which I also haven't played but are meant to be like Diable as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

As above, dragon age

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Have dragon age for the xbox(excellent game too).Just read the review of witcher and it sounds different:)Will look at space siege too
    Thanks for the replys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Niska

If you loved Diablo then, as has been mentioned, you should give Torchlight a spin. Even the music is reminiscent of the game. Plus (main reason for bumping) it's only €4 this weekend on steam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Dragon Age.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Hate to be a bubble burster, but Dragon Age(although the best option available) is nowhere near as good as Never Winter Nights. There hasn't been anything as good as it since. Still worth checking it out though. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't being described as on par with NWN.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I thought Dragon Age was better then Neverwinter Nights, but no where near Baldur's Gate 1/2 for quality. In fact, i'm playing through the entire series again (playing bg1 in the bg2 engine atm), and its still an amazing game.

Kiith wrote: »
    I thought Dragon Age was better then Neverwinter Nights, but no where near Baldur's Gate 1/2 for quality. In fact, i'm playing through the entire series again (playing bg1 in the bg2 engine atm), and its still an amazing game.

Make sure and pick up the widescreen mod for BG

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Definately Baldur's Gate :)

You can bring you same character from:
    Baldurs Gate -> Baldur's Gate 2 -> Icewind Dale -> Icewind Dale 2 -> Never Winter Nights -> Never Winter Nights 2

Think thats about 1000 gameplay hours right there :) Definately think Baldur's Gate 2 was the pinnacle of Bioware RPG's, finished both BG games again a few months ago as a fighter, dualing to mage at lvl 9.

My main character ended up with
    20 Str
    20 Con
    20 Dex
    20 Int
    10 Wis
    14 Cha

Pretty powerful chap :)

• Advertisement

Pugsley wrote: »
    finished both BG games again a few months ago as a fighter, dualing to mage at lvl 9.

how many hours did that take you out of interest?

also if you haven't played it i'd recommend Planescape Torment.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Got Torchlight this morning on steam for 4 euro, beast of a bargain and a cracking game.

Advertisement