Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Speed Limit Question

• 23-03-2010 10:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

This mornring was driving onto the motorway from a dual-carraigeway. Came off the round-about and meet the gards on the slip road. They had a camera gettin everyones reg from the back. Whats the limit for the slip road because they definately wernt catching people on the actual motorway?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

whatever the speed limit sign says!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭2010 G

there is no sign on the slip road I wouldnt f#ckin ask if there was a sign

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

There's usually a sign somewhere along the slip road indicating the change of limit to the one matching the road you're joining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

most motorway slip roads have the 120kph sign either at the start of part way down them.

If not it is the same speed as the previous road you were on

2010 G wrote: »
    there is no sign on the slip road I wouldnt f#ckin ask if there was a sign
    if there's no sign then I'd guess limit is 100kph unless it's a motorway slip.

• Advertisement

I know I saw the sign for 120 kmh but this was before that

I'd say the Gardai were using the slip road to nab speeders on the main road. You'd be hard pressed to get past 120 on a slip road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

KerranJast wrote: »
    You'd be hard pressed to get past 120 on a slip road.
    :confused: why.

There are many slip roads where you will easily get above this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,840 ✭✭✭✭cormie

2010 G wrote: »
    This mornring was driving onto the motorway from a dual-carraigeway. Came off the round-about and meet the gards on the slip road. They had a camera gettin everyones reg from the back. Whats the limit for the slip road because they definately wernt catching people on the actual motorway?

They probably were catching people on the motorway. There's a very slim chance of anyone on the motorway spotting them if they are parked on the joining sliproad, they get the speed and pursue and pull them over quite a bit up the road (as it would take a while for them to catch up). This was even demonstrated on that Traffic Blues program by two Gardai in Dundalk. I doubt anyone would be silly enough to go over 120 after just passing a garda vehicle with a speed gun pointing towards them, they wouldn't get anyone then ;)

:confused: why.

There are many slip roads where you will easily get above this.
    There's usually a crawler going down the road ahead of you :) or slow traffic in the left lane of the DC making it hard to merge.

• Advertisement

It reli didnt seem like they were trying to catch people on the actual motorway. Another question I thought the lay-by is only for emergencies. Not for gards catching people speeding I have never ever seen them use those f#ckin ramps they have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

If you didnt pass a sign on the slip road then the limit is what ever the road before the slip is..

And can those radar guns catch you from behind???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

If you didnt pass a sign on the slip road then the limit is what ever the road before the slip is..

And can those radar guns catch you from behind???

Yeah it just shows a negative sign instead.

And they do speed checks on the slip roads aiming at the motorway the whole time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

If they didn't chase you and catch you you are probably ok.

Advertisement