Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farnham Estate - Irish Times Offer

• 23-03-2010 10:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

Saw this offer at the weekend in the Irish Times Classifieds section - it's a better deal than they have advertised on their site.

Midweek
    €149 per person for 2 nights B&B and 1 dinner
    3rd night B&B free
    choice of round of golf, mud chamber, hydrotherapy or dry flotation treatment

This sounds good to me. Anyone aware of similar or better offers in a similar standard of hotel?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

€149 for a 3&1 is about standard imo, so unless you especially wanted the golf/spa treatment it's not a brilliant offer imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

But Farnham is an extra special place. Have stayed there 3 times and it's highly recommended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Plates

€149 for a 3&1 is about standard imo, so unless you especially wanted the golf/spa treatment it's not a brilliant offer imo

Thanks for the response groutch. I've done a fair bit of research and it does seem to be a good deal for a hotel of that quality with those facilities. A lot of similar hotels are closer to the 179-199 per night range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Plates wrote: »
    Thanks for the response groutch. I've done a fair bit of research and it does seem to be a good deal for a hotel of that quality with those facilities. A lot of similar hotels are closer to the 179-199 per night range.

okay, sorry, didnt realise it was a radisson hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 33 throwingmusic

Stayed here once about 3 years ago. Firstly there was no glass between the bathroom and the bedroom (I thought it was a bit of a strange design feature but only later realised the glass was actually missing, I believe they shoved us in there because I got a very good deal on a hotel booking website).

Secondly, two days after I left I noticed €25 had come out of my credit card and as I mentioned I had prepaid for my stay with breakfast on a hotel booking website so thought maybe some confusion and they have charged us for breakfast. I phoned them and was informed that there was an umbrella missing from our room and we had been charged for it!!! I couldn't believe it. They did refund the money but I wrote to the manager to complain at least 3 times until she finally responded to say absolutely nothing of any use, no apology or anything. I stated to her that if they have this policy, they need to inform customers to check the items are actually there when checking in. I have no idea whether there was an umbrella there or not when we checked in or who took it.

Anyway, sorry to go totally off topic but I won't be staying there ever again after that treatment!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭caze

Firstly there was no glass between the bathroom and the bedroom (I thought it was a bit of a strange design feature but only later realised the glass was actually missing, I believe they shoved us in there because I got a very good deal on a hotel booking website).

There is a sliding wooden panel that's recessed into the wall, you can pull it out and lock it. We stayed there at a wedding and several people mentioned this and hadn't noticed the sliding panel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Saw this offer at the weekend in the Irish Times Classifieds section - it's a better deal than they have advertised on their site.

Midweek
    €149 per person for 2 nights B&B and 1 dinner
    3rd night B&B free
    choice of round of golf, mud chamber, hydrotherapy or dry flotation treatment

This sounds good to me. Anyone aware of similar or better offers in a similar standard of hotel?

so do you just ring and mention the offer? thanks OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Plates

Oh well - so much for that - the offer isn't available anymore (at least not for the date I wanted it for). Got a mail to say it was fully booked. Rate now is 159 for 3 nights B&B and 1 dinner - with no treatment/golf.

Unless I'm wrong - next week is still a quiet week for hotels right? It's the week after (Easter week) that things would pick up. So I'm assuming they made very few rooms available at that rate.

Still - the avaialble rate is still decent enough for a good quality hotel with a good reputation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Oh well - so much for that - the offer isn't available anymore (at least not for the date I wanted it for). Got a mail to say it was fully booked. Rate now is 159 for 3 nights B&B and 1 dinner - with no treatment/golf.

Unless I'm wrong - next week is still a quiet week for hotels right? It's the week after (Easter week) that things would pick up. So I'm assuming they made very few rooms available at that rate.

Still - the avaialble rate is still decent enough for a good quality hotel with a good reputation.

yeah, got the same result. Think we are gonna go with the other deal. I wouldn't
    play golf on my own and Mrs. Sweetie can do without the treatment!

Advertisement