Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IACT or IBAT- design and web design

Options
  • 23-03-2010 11:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hi,

Considering how things have changed recently it's about time I got some more practical skills to do more in house as opposed to being so reliant on outsourcing design work to agencies. Over the next year to 2 I would like to do both a destop publishing course and also some web design courses- I know these courses are just an intro and they take years to master- however they are a start and I know I wouldn't dedicate the time to teach myself without a solid course as an intro! The 2 colleges that I am looking at are IBAT in Swords and IACT in the City- both look good. IACT is more epenisve but the courses are a bit longer and have exams/projects. IBAT looks very modern and is FETAC approved- perhaps a bit more practical. It's hard to tell from their websites.

Has anyone experience of IT/Design courses in either college? It would be a great help to hear from someone who has 1st hand experience.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Birdie Num Num

Hi AmandaMc,

I was looking at some IACT courses yesterday in relation to web development and I found your post on boards. Considering you were planning on doing some web courses possibly over 2 years and considering your post is almost 2 years old how did you fare? I have a design background, I've studied design, worked in graphic design for years and would have a good knowledge of adobe CS packages. Although I have designed web sites graphically and produced visuals and psd files for web developers and techies I don't have any knowledge of HTML or programs such as dreamweaver. Do you have any tips, advice or feedback from any of the courses you chose to do?

Regards,
    BNN

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭eoinp11

Hi AmandaMc,

I was looking at some IACT courses yesterday in relation to web development and I found your post on boards. Considering you were planning on doing some web courses possibly over 2 years and considering your post is almost 2 years old how did you fare? I have a design background, I've studied design, worked in graphic design for years and would have a good knowledge of adobe CS packages. Although I have designed web sites graphically and produced visuals and psd files for web developers and techies I don't have any knowledge of HTML or programs such as dreamweaver. Do you have any tips, advice or feedback from any of the courses you chose to do?

Regards,
    BNN

Hey, now i am asking you the same question! did you advance with the IACT course? did you hear anything to make you stay away from IACT?

Advertisement