Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wronglt taxed/Tax Refund Help

• 23-03-2010 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

I recently discovered from my balancing statements that the tax office were saying that i was in receipt of a DSFA Pension along with my employment income since 2006 until 2009. As a result they were saying that i was earning €10,000.00 plus a year extra on time of my full-time employment income. My tax credits etc have all been restricted because they said i owed tax as a result of the DSFA Pension. I contacted the revenue they said they would adjust my certs and send out new correct ones. Should i be entitled to a tax refund. I have registered with Paye Anytime and they seem to have corrected my certs should i be able to see any tax refunds and if so where. Is it in the section Income & Tax. This is a minefield and i know i have been wrongly taxed and would be grateful for any assistance.:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I recently discovered from my balancing statements that the tax office were saying that i was in receipt of a DSFA Pension along with my employment income since 2006 until 2009. As a result they were saying that i was earning €10,000.00 plus a year extra on time of my full-time employment income. My tax credits etc have all been restricted because they said i owed tax as a result of the DSFA Pension. I contacted the revenue they said they would adjust my certs and send out new correct ones. Should i be entitled to a tax refund. I have registered with Paye Anytime and they seem to have corrected my certs should i be able to see any tax refunds and if so where. Is it in the section Income & Tax. This is a minefield and i know i have been wrongly taxed and would be grateful for any assistance.:)
    Hi,

Most income from DSFA (of a benefit, rather than assistance nature) is taxable. The way tax is collected on this income is through a reduction of your tax credits.

As your credits were reduced incorrectly, you should be due a refund of tax.

To get this checked, you'll need to request P21 Balancing Statements on Anytime. These are reviews of your tax affairs, and any overpaid tax will be refunded to you, once these issue out to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Evelyn Martina

Thank You, i just needed confirmation of what i thought was right. I was on to the tax offices but they weren't very helpful they said if i was due a refund they would send it to me but wouldn't confirm whether i was due a refund or not. I can't see why i wouldn't be though.

Advertisement