Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Banshee lives in the Handball Alley

Options
  • 23-03-2010 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭

This compilation is derived from a collection of folkloric stories recorded with children from the Moyross and St. Marys Park areas of Limerick City between 2004 and 2005. The work serves to highlight how folklore is constantly added to, and how it is linked to memory and occasion, fiction and interpretation. Made in collaboration with Aileen Lambert.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I thought this was the new rubberbandits track :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

The little guy with the tie reminds me of a certain Limerick politician...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

peckerhead wrote: »

LOL - :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

peckerhead wrote: »

Lob an' ol' tash on him and Willie's your uncle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

i really really dont believe in ghosts or the like but when i was about 15 i was walking into st marys park from thomond bridge (im actually getting goose bumps now!) as i walked along the river and towards what now i think is the community centre there was a little peice of a really old wall just beside the river it was about 11 or 12 at night and for the life of me i swear i saw a banshee (really old woman, dark dress with the scraggiest grey hair ive ever seen which totally covered her face (if she had one:D)) sitting on that wall and as i began to walk (run:D) i heard the most unearthly howl or scream which made me walk (run:D) alot faster!! true story. cant explain it and strangly just remembered it now after nearly 20 years..

i have another scary story about st marys park but i think ill keep it for another time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭alrightcuz

hey stab tell us the other story

Advertisement