Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaked Nokia 12MP flagship

• 23-03-2010 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Just saw this, seems to be getting a lot of coverage online.

http://www.fonearena.com/blog/2010/03/23/nokia-12-megapixel-phone-leaked.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+fone-arena+%28Fone+Arena%29&utm_content=Twitter

Rumoures specs from mobile-review:

The phone is code named as VASCO

Lets see whats the VASCO has:

World’s First HD Mobile Computer with 12MP Carl Zeiss optics

Social Internet all in one view
    Be always up-to date what’s going on in your web communities: Social Phonebook combines OVI & 3rd Party Social networks all in one view
    •Dolby Digital Plus surround sound with compatible home theather systems. With up to 5.1 channels of premium-quality surround sound

Capture HD quality video with 720p resolution at 30 frames per second.
    •12 megapixel AF camera with Carl Zeiss optics with xenon flash and mechanical shutter ensure sharp images even in low light conditions or fast moving objects

•Stereo FM radio (87.5-108MHz/76-90MHz),
    •FM transmitter

GAMES
    •Dedicated graphics processor with accelerated OpenGL 2.0 to enable impressive 3D Games
    •Java games

•Dolby Digital Plus surround sound with compatible home theather systems. With up to 5.1 channels of premium-quality surround sound

•Flash lite 4.0 support enabling usage of major web video services available in the internet

Dimensions
    Volume: 86 cc
    Weight: 135 g
    Length: 113.5 mm
    Width (max): 59 mm
    Thickness (max) 12.9 mm

•Form factor: Touch screen monoblock
    •Protocols: WCDMA 850/900/1700/1900/2100 and GSM/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900
    •Display: 3.5” OLED, capacitive touch screen, widescreen 16:9 nHD with (640*360 pixels) 16M colors
    •Processor speed: 680MHz
    •Connectors: HDMI, 3.5 mm AV connector, micro USB interface to PC, uSD slot, 2mm DC jack
    •USB 2.0 High Speed,
    •Memory: 256MB RAM, 512 ROM
    •User Memory: 140 MB internal

Fingers crossed it's real!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Hmmm why is the screen res so low for something that shoots HD vids?

i'll be sticking with my 900 as I dont really see anything on there pulling me in like the 900 did.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭pkeno

I'm pretty sure the SE Vivaz which shoots HD video also has the same screen res

• Registered Users Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

pkeno wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the SE Vivaz which shoots HD video also has the same screen res

Can't see any problem with the resolution in regard to video recording.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

god's toy wrote: »
    Hmmm why is the screen res so low for something that shoots HD vids?

i'll be sticking with my 900 as I dont really see anything on there pulling me in like the 900 did.
    Guessing that it's down to it running on Symbian. They must not be increasing the resolution for the next gen symbian OS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Why would you want/need dolby surround sound on a phone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

I wouldn't worry too much about the screen's resolution in relation to its video recording resolution, especially since the highest screen resolution currently available on a handset is 854 x 480, as its not as if handsets, or even standalone cameras, have a screen resolution to match their image capabilities.

This handset's specifications, while appealing, is becoming the defacto high-end standard with regard to top-tier camera phones yet to be released; let's just hope its quality matches its specifications.

And as for the leak, I would hazard a guess that it was no more a "leak" than a carefully executed PR move from Nokia themselves. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Xenon flash baby, Xenon flash :)

Advertisement