If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby Monitor

Options
  • 23-03-2010 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Do you guys have any Baby Monitors in stock in Dublin ?

New arrival imminent and old baby monitor packed in.

Looking at PhilipsSCD 520 and 530 models......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

hI db707

I sure do.
    Check out our web site http://www.philipsshop.ie/aventmain.htm for spec on them.
    We also carry Bottle warmers, thermometers, bottle sterilizers and baby food blenders etc (Oh and as you'll be house bound fro the next while we also carry nice new TV's.....not that you'll get much of a chance to watch it:()

I can recommend these as I use the SDC530 myself.

The SDC530 sells for €129.99 and the SDC520 sells for €99.99
    you can take your 10% Philips Shop Boards discount off both of these prices.

Congrats on the imminent arrival:)

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭db707

Thanks Ash,

I will drop in and pick up a 530 the next time I am in town, cheers. BTW bought a new TV last month from you guys so I am all ready for the night shift !

DB

No worries

mmm, the night feedst.....
    Where you get to experience being awake through hours that are best bypassed by sleeping!

all fun and games.

cheers
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Well wonders will never cease!

Got a new arrival due in June and never even thought of you.

I'd say I will have to take a spin into town shortly for one. Just have to work out whats so special about the dearer one.

Looks like you will be seeing me as well...

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

...Its just so strange :confused:

A year ago Ash would have been perving about NetTV / Philips 9 series TV's / maybe the latest iPhone / Pronto remote or a new Monitor Audio AW12 subwoofer....

...Now its just all about Baby Monitors, expressing machines (whatever they are ) Bottle warmers and thermometers - It's just the 1st phase of Parenthood.

I'm hoping we will shortly get back to normal service during Phase 2, when he rediscovers TV and starts looking for 5.1 headphones before using the child as an excuse to go to Phase 3 (3D TV - 'Only because the Cartoons look so great in 3D, dear honest!')

I'm alone in my AV quest now...:(

:D

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Well I still salivate over all those things (whilst my little bloke is drooling on me!) got to have tech dreams eh!
    mmm Monitor Audio subs..... I'd love a 2nd one of those to re-enforce my current one but then I cant use my amps volume dial in anger at the moment in case I wake up the little guy:( (mind you once he goes down he sleeps through anything)

I guess thats what the Dynamic Range compression mode is for (but thats no fun....)

I do think you have missed a crucial point though John - a baby provides a perfect route to future upgrades.
    Do you really think its the kids that puts pancakes into BR and CD players or is it maybe the dad's?
    Plus in a year or so time when he starts taking his first tentative, unsteady steps and requires the support of nearby objects say my TV, I can just see my 4 year old Flat Screen come tumbling down to the floor... just about the time the shiny new 46" 3D ready LED backlit LCD TV comes to market:)

BABY MONITORS
    The main difference Superscouse between the 520 and 530 is the parent unit charges to capacity alot quicker (3hrs compared to 8hrs) it monitors the humidity as well as temp (520 is temp only) in the babies room which is nice as you'll have the heaters on lot (ESB electricity billing dept will love you for this!) and the air can dry out pretty fast - you can set alerts if either falls to low.

There is a LCD display on the 530's Baby unit so you can see temp and humidity locally when your in the room - bith 520 and 530 have LCD displays on the parent unit.

we have both on display so you can have a play about with them.

ATB
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.