Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BMW 7 series. Need a cooling related pipe ...

• 23-03-2010 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi!

My garage can't find a pipe (probably last time I'm going there), any advise is welcome!

It's going from water pump:
    SAM_0099.JPG

To alternator:
    SAM_0098.JPG

It is about 12cm in length:
    SAM_0103.JPG

Looks like the side of it is broken/unglued:
    SAM_0105.JPG

Around 1cm in width (plastic/metal part):
    SAM_0106.JPG

They say they called main dealer (In Galway) and they couldn't locate any part ID or something similar for this pipe.

I have a BMW 7 series from 2002 (VIN: DJ91321)

Help! Help! ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

have youy tried ringing BMW dealers here and in the UK... have them over night the part to you....
    something that small shouldnt be an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭ShiresV2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭mullingar

squamata wrote: »
    They say they called main dealer (In Galway) and they couldn't locate any part ID or something similar for this pipe.

I have a BMW 7 series from 2002 (VIN: DJ91321)

Help! Help! ;)

Smells like total BS to me

Any dealer (indy or main) worth their salt would easily find the part number, just like fellow boardie ShiresV2 who came up trumps in minutes

Time to change your garage!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

mullingar wrote: »
    Smells like total BS to me

Any dealer (indy or main) worth their salt would easily find the part number, just like fellow boardie ShiresV2 who came up trumps in minutes

Time to change your garage!!!!
    Indeed.
    A pipe you say? About four inches long? That sounds really cheap and I might get it wrong, so I'm not going to bother my hole. Talk to me when you want something in stock/expensive.

OP, in future I'd recommend using realoem.com to find the part. Then ring armed with the part#. It eliminates a lot of excuses and mistakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭ShiresV2

A pipe you say? About four inches long? That sounds really cheap and I might get it wrong, so I'm not going to bother my hole. Talk to me when you want something in stock/expensive.

You must be new around here, because your pal recently charged me 60 euros for two small pipes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

ShiresV2 wrote: »
    You must be new around here, because your pal recently charged me 60 euros for two small pipes!
    Part pricing seems pretty random. The only trend I can see is that frequently ordered parts tend to be more expensive.

Went to replace the rear cup holder on an e39 recently. They are really flimsy and break all the time, so the replacement is 50 bucks. Replaced it with a little cubbyhole instead. It's wasn't originally available on the car, nobody knows it exists, so it only costs a tenner. Go figure.

Advertisement