Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wrong payment 5 years ago - am I entitled for anything?

Options
  • 23-03-2010 12:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Is there any law saying that all wrong payments which were done more than X years ago should not be corrected by the employer?

I sent a letter to my current employer with the question about a payment in 2005 and got a reply that it was a long time ago and we are not going to investigate it.

I just wonder if I can actually force them to investigate this issue reffering to some law or there is a time limit for these kind of issues?
    thanks
    vecher

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

vecher wrote: »
    Is there any law saying that all wrong payments which were done more than X years ago should not be corrected by the employer?

I sent a letter to my current employer with the question about a payment in 2005 and got a reply that it was a long time ago and we are not going to investigate it.

I just wonder if I can actually force them to investigate this issue reffering to some law or there is a time limit for these kind of issues?
    thanks
    vecher

I think we'd need a little more detail on this one? I'd imagine 5 years would be a stretch to be claiming for something, what is the reaosn you haven't/how have you only picked up on it now (e.g. was it a mistake or something you were not told about, were you going through old pay slips and found an error?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 vecher

tommy21 wrote: »
    I think we'd need a little more detail on this one? I'd imagine 5 years would be a stretch to be claiming for something, what is the reaosn you haven't/how have you only picked up on it now (e.g. was it a mistake or something you were not told about, were you going through old pay slips and found an error?)

It was a bonus which came up in a strange way
    bonus X advance x total 0
    at that time (5 years ago) I didnt pay attention to it but recently checking all my payslips for last 6 years I found it out and questioned
    So I could have picked it up 5 years ago checking my payslip if I was a bit more experienced back then
    that is what financial department is saying - it is your responsibility to check your payslips and we are not going to look at some issue which happened 5 years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

vecher wrote: »
    at that time (5 years ago) I didnt pay attention to it but recently checking all

I think its a bit late to be chasing up a payment at this stage. Just forget about it and learn from it, time to move i would say.

Advertisement