Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BC2 Training vids

Options
  • 23-03-2010 1:01pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I came across this on the tactical gamer community site and thought some folk might find it usefull.
    Probably usefull to those wondering what the game is all about.

Loads more videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/BadCompany2Training

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I've been a member of TG for about 4 years now and I have to say that it's a joy to play to their servers. Some here will find it too 'rigid' but one of the rules to play on the BF2 servers was that you had to use voip; but this rule resulted in the type of squad teamwork that DiCE always imagined I guess.

At the same time, if I see 2+ badguys from an elevated position as in the first 2 minutes of the vid, I'll spot both targets first before firing. I don't think I saw anyone being spotted in that vid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

No spotting there at all. I think half my points come from 'spot' points, I find myself tapping Q constantly.

also, if proof were needed that the m60 was ridiculously OP, here it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Good vid.....mate.

TBH its not just the M60 thats over powered, any of the last 3 or 4 of the medic guns are CRAZY. I mean the X48 is just as good if not better then the M60 as the iron sights dont block the target as much. I get the same result using the X48 or the M60.....so it does not bother me to get stick about using the class. I would rather kill someone with a medic class full automatic then noob tube someone from 1 foot.

You/We cant slag everyone that uses the medic class just becoz of the M60 been overpowered. I mean if some dude is using it and does not aim for the head you can easily kill the medic with assault or engi....Yes if the player is very good they can be a formiddable opponent.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ponster wrote: »
    I've been a member of TG for about 4 years now and I have to say that it's a joy to play to their servers. Some here will find it too 'rigid' but one of the rules to play on the BF2 servers was that you had to use voip; but this rule resulted in the type of squad teamwork that DiCE always imagined I guess.

At the same time, if I see 2+ badguys from an elevated position as in the first 2 minutes of the vid, I'll spot both targets first before firing. I don't think I saw anyone being spotted in that vid.

Yeah ive been hanging around TG a while myself a few years back in particular,i loved their red orchestra servers and indeed project reality mod for BF2.
    Very surprised to see no spotting too but they have put up some decent vids showcasing how the game can be played and enjoyed,fair play to them,definitely a community recommended to any pc gamer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Where are the servers based? US or Europe? Are the pings on the servers good? Really wanna play tactically, but sometimes the servers can play a little slow if they're located in the US.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Tactical Gamers have servers in US and UK i believe.
    You could do worse than joining us on the irish guard server , most of us are on teamspeak most nights with some decent squads going.

I am ashamed to say I never seen or heard of TG :confused: but will deffo have a look see now!

Dcully wrote: »
    You could do worse than joining us on the irish guard server , most of us are on teamspeak most nights with some decent squads going.

Yeah it actually a shame the squad are only 4 man teams....it would be great if they were alot bigger. I love joining a TIG squad...and hate playing against them :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Dcully wrote: »

That's my go-to server of choice. But sometimes it's full, and the itch that is a game, needs to be scratched!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Sanjuro wrote: »
    Where are the servers based? US or Europe? Are the pings on the servers good? Really wanna play tactically, but sometimes the servers can play a little slow if they're located in the US.

Mostly US but some EU servers I believe. As I've often said before, on the BF2 servers the TG players take the game serious. When for example your squad is caught out in the open by tanks, the Squad Leader can request air-support from the commander who sends the jets in to take care of them. When things work out like that you can never play on a random public server again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

This clip just goes to show that an organized squad is a force to be reckoned with...

Advertisement