Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arts Degree

Options
  • 23-03-2010 1:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭

Hi Im doing arts (english and Sociology) in maynooth. I have no idea what the future holds for me. Does anyone know what jobs i can go for?

I know i can go into teaching...but is there anything else i could do?

Any help would be appreciated :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I did a tefl course, now I'm emigrating very far away to teach English (with a degree in Sociology and Anthropology).

There's always the option of MA courses afterwards. I've always assumed the English/Sociology combination would give people a bit of an interest in writing, columnist or journalism stuff maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Snap JajaD, I'm doing the exact same subjects as you! And also in the exact same position. There's loads of masters and stuff that you can apply for with these two subjects. There aren't really any jobs that would specifically look for people with degrees in English or Sociology though, so you can apply for pretty much anything.

If you have an interest in a certain area, such as journalism or youth work or whatever, you could try and get some work experience? It looks great on a CV, and also can get your foot in the door of whatever career you're interested in.

Now if only I took my own advice :pac:

Advertisement