Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monster Hunter Tri

Options
  • 23-03-2010 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

Hi, im a ps3 and 360 owner and i might be interested in the upcoming monster hunters tri game coming to the wii, does any one have any info on it , does it have online play.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

tonydude wrote: »
    Hi, im a ps3 and 360 owner and i might be interested in the upcoming monster hunters tri game coming to the wii, does any one have any info on it , does it have online play.
    It has online play, yes. I'm getting this as well and have been playing the series since the launch in '05. What else do you want to know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Yea monster hunter 3 has free online play with wii speak support :D. I cant wait to pick the game up!

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Yea monster hunter 3 has free online play with wii speak support :D. I cant wait to pick the game up!
    Yeah I'm getting a bundle from GAME with the followind:
    Monster Hunter Tri
    Black Classic Controller Pro
    Wii Speak
    Lagiacrus Bust

I can't wait until then, but I've got the demo to tide me over until the release.

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Forgot to mention, if you're getting it, be sure to PM me your hunter ID on release date!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Most likely be getting this myself.

Anyone know the best place to buy from pricewise?

• Advertisement

Noxin wrote: »
    Most likely be getting this myself.

Anyone know the best play to buy from pricewise?
    I will assume you meant "place to buy from" and If you want a brick and mortar shop, I would recomend GAME. Although I am not sure on what price they will offer the game at, they do have a bundle that includes the following:
    1. Monster Hunter Tri
    2. Classic Controller Pro (black)
    3. Wii Speak
    4. Lagiacrus (the monster on the box of the game) bust.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

ahh im still undecided i loved the ps2 version, the rathalos and rathian were great lol. What was the name of the two big dragons in that though. The big red one that walked slowly while being lanced lol and the big black one... God i want it ...need a change of games ps3 and xbox are so hardcore

ahh im still undecided i loved the ps2 version, the rathalos and rathian were great lol. What was the name of the two big dragons in that though. The big red one that walked slowly while being lanced lol and the big black one... God i want it ...need a change of games ps3 and xbox are so hardcore

Big Red one = Lao Shan Lung
    BLack One = Fatalis

Only Rathalos, Rathian and Diablos are returning this time round, but this game pushes quality over quantity.

They re the names alright are the graphics good on it, are they poor/good/stunning

They re the names alright are the graphics good on it, are they poor/good/stunning

They are great.

• Advertisement

can the wii be wire connected to the net 4 online play

can the wii be wire connected to the net 4 online play

Yes but you need an adaptor which is very hard to find nowadays.

whats the name of it please ill ebay it

whats the name of it please ill ebay it

Just Google Wii Lan Adapter.

its pricey for an adapter

its pricey for an adapter
    Then don't buy it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,478 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Want to buy this, hopefully the bundles won't be too expensive. Play has the game + a classic controller - no chance I'm buying the game without that - up for just under 60 euro, although would be nice to get Wii Speak if it didn't add too much to the price.

the hut is cheaper for that bundle

the hut is cheaper for that bundle

The Hut does not have the one with the Wii Speak and Lagiacrus Bust though, and I think GAME are giving away a Rathalos Bust with all pre-orders.

I'm guessing it's better to get the controller for this then? It's not like other wii games involving you actually moving about somewhat?

Ohh, I just read it has a split screen option for two player mode as well. Nice!

Ok am I reading this right. MHT + controller + wii speak @ £199?? HERE

The game and controller are priced £42.??? Confused

• Advertisement

Noxin wrote: »
    I'm guessing it's better to get the controller for this then? It's not like other wii games involving you actually moving about somewhat?

Ohh, I just read it has a split screen option for two player mode as well. Nice!

Ok am I reading this right. MHT + controller + wii speak @ £199?? HERE

The game and controller are priced £42.??? Confused

The reasons that bundle is expensive there is someone is selling it as a collectable, the bundle is only available from GAME however.

Splitscreen is in arena mode only, not online or in village quests.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Is having the classic controller a must? or can you play with just the wii controller and nunchuk?

Is having the classic controller a must? or can you play with just the wii controller and nunchuk?

You can use the wii-mote, but all the controls with it, bar the Hammer, are so awkward that it's worth using the Classic Controller.

The reasons that bundle is expensive there is someone is selling it as a collectable.

That'll be it so. Didn't realise it was the collectors edition. Will have to check the price in Game. Cheers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,440 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

9/10 on eurogamer.

This might be the first bit of dabbling I do into the series. I'm tempted now :)

What do you guys think the reception will be like? Im lookin to head into Dublin early Friday to pick up my copy with the classic controller, what are the chances of it being sold out? if any? and.. ya know.. ruining my day, haha.

What do you guys think the reception will be like? Im lookin to head into Dublin early Friday to pick up my copy with the classic controller, what are the chances of it being sold out? if any? and.. ya know.. ruining my day, haha.

I would ring to make sure there is a copy available, just in-case.

Nice one, anyone know how much it will be going for?

Nice one, anyone know how much it will be going for?

No, but we know the UK prices (I shall be getting the collectors edition, the one in the chest):

http://www.game.co.uk/search.aspx?s=Monster+Hunter+Tri

• Advertisement

So going by that Ill be paying €50ish euro, but knowing Ireland, itll be jacked up to 59.99, fantastic :o

Advertisement