Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monster Hunter Tri

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

I rang Gamestop and they confirmed all they have is the game and controller bundle for €60, the wii speak can be bought on zavvi.com for €12 sadly its out of stock

Just got the wii speak of the bay for €15 so its €60 for the game, controller and speak for me. Yepeee

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

tonydude wrote: »
    Just got the wii speak of the bay for €15 so its €60 for the game, controller and speak for me. Yepeee

Ah, but you don't get a cool little Lagiacrus figurine from the bundle and a possible Rathalos figurine for pre-ordering :D

Ah, but you don't get a cool little Lagiacrus figurine from the bundle and a possible Rathalos figurine for pre-ordering :D
    lol i can survive without a plastic dragon head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Would there be any chance of getting this game in any shops today?

• Advertisement

danthefan wrote: »
    Would there be any chance of getting this game in any shops today?

Give GAME a ring, if they say they have it for sale today, tell us! Especially if it's GAME in Liffey Valley!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Was on to GAME and the collectors edition is 90 euro! Think I'll give it a miss!

Was on to GAME and the collectors edition is 90 euro! Think I'll give it a miss!

Tony ran game Earlier and found out the collector's edition was €70, there is no way it is £50 in England and €90 in Ireland

Well that's what it scanned in at.

Well that's what it scanned in at.

What do you mean "what it scanned in at"?

• Advertisement

They scanned it in to the till, and the till told them it was 89.99.

Where was it that this happened?

BTW, I've encountered prices changing on release date before, my brother was told that AVP special edition would be about €90, it was much less than that on release date.

Also, there's no way it would be €90 tomorrow, it's £50 in the UK, there's no way they are stupid enough to set the pirces that high.

Either way I'll still pay it, it's still cheaper than buying everything seperately in GAME.

Just got off the phone with GAME, they have said it will be around €70 but they don't have a definite price until tomorrow morning.

where ye are going wrong is getting the game in Game, shop around, theyre rip off merchants

where ye are going wrong is getting the game in Game, shop around, theyre rip off merchants

Can't get the bundle I want anywhere else, plus, I get money off through the reward card thingies.

Also my brother is getting a game there.

those rewar cards are totally pointless in Game how much must you spend to get a fiver off. The reward card in smyths is 10% off the price and since there cheaper than Game to begin with, it makes since to go there. However i know the feeling of when u want a particular thing , you must get it at what ever price. That day is gone for me, online shopping is the best

those rewar cards are totally pointless in Game how much must you spend to get a fiver off. The reward card in smyths is 10% off the price and since there cheaper than Game to begin with, it makes since to go there. However i know the feeling of when u want a particular thing , you must get it at what ever price. That day is gone for me, online shopping is the best

If you are constantly buying games it's nice to get something off every now and then. Smyths have never been cheaper for me, and the GAME employees are generally more knowledgeable than all the staff at Smyths.

the GAME employees are generally more knowledgeable than all the staff at Smyths.

False

I was wandering around in game one day and heard a man enquiring about a ps3 , then i heard this
    Man : The ps3 can play blu rays but can it play dvds
    Stupid Game employee: No it cant unfortunately
    Man: Are you sure ?
    Stupid Game Employee: Yes, it can only play blu ray.

I never rely on the employees of a store,

Ok back to the topic , yeaa moster hunter out tomorrow :D

False

I was wandering around in game one day and heard a man enquiring about a ps3 , then i heard this

In smyths I heard someone say an employee say a game that had "ONLY FOR XBOX360" plastered all over the place that the game was for PS3 aswell.

I also heard one say you can us HDMI with a non-HD tv.

• Advertisement

False

Also, note I said Generally, there are some thick people at GAME, not much though.

lol funny

Wats ur sig about

Wats ur sig about

It's a link to a "hunting licence", made by Capcom, I will be adding my hunter ID there tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Havent been following this game , in fact I just saw the add on tv and looks like it could be worth dusting off the wii for. Can some one name a game on any console that this is closest to, to give me an idea if i will like it or not ? Oh also am i right in thinking my classic controller will do the trick and that the wii mote is mercifully redundant for this game :confused:

calex71 wrote: »
    Havent been following this game , in fact I just saw the add on tv and looks like it could be worth dusting off the wii for. Can some one name a game on any console that this is closest to, to give me an idea if i will like it or not ? Oh also am i right in thinking my classic controller will do the trick and that the wii mote is mercifully redundant for this game :confused:

This is quite unlike any other game on the Wii, I would suggest watching gameplay videos beforehand.

reminds me a little of BG: dark alliance in the ps2 and a some others like oblivion but with something of it's own too , is that a fair assumption?

reminds me a little of BG: dark alliance in the ps2 and a some others like oblivion but with something of it's own too , is that a fair assumption?

Not really, it's quite unique, you either stick past the boring and difficult first few stages and love it, or give up and hate it.

Unique how ? any of the videos I watched showed fairly standard battle and inventory systems, and the map on the top right was lifted stright from zelda.

Look's for the most part my kind of deal but what am I not picking up from the video that you think is unique? Sorry for all the questions but I'm torn between this an Nier for the 360 tomorrow :(

• Advertisement

Unique how ? any of the videos I watched showed fairly standard battle and inventory systems, and the map on the top right was lifted stright from zelda.

Look's for the most part my kind of deal but what am I not picking up from the video that you think is unique? Sorry for all the questions but I'm torn between this an Nier for the 360 tomorrow :(

Give it a try and you'll see why I say unique.

Advertisement