Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monster Hunter Tri

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Reminds me of Demon's Souls for some reason, still not sure whether to get it or not, I tend not to finish wii games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

ShaneU wrote: »
    Reminds me of Demon's Souls for some reason, still not sure whether to get it or not, I tend not to finish wii games.

Nobody has "finished" online (i.e. get to HR999) but you can certainly finish offline.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Daeltaja

*Opens Classic Controller Pro box..* :D:D

Is the controller bundle cheaper than €60 anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Is the controller bundle cheaper than €60 anywhere?

Got mine for €55 in HMV this morning.

• Advertisement

My mam picked up the Ultimate Edition while I was in school today for €70, opening it now :D

Can't wait to get to hammering the snot out of monsters, the demo was getting a bit boring.

My ID is CK9UEA

My name is Venom

Man, this game rocks! I love playing with people online!

Yeah I'm really enjoying it, how do I go fishing? Do I need to buy a fishing rod somewhere?

Yeah I'm really enjoying it, how do I go fishing? Do I need to buy a fishing rod somewhere?

You need to buy bait and use it in the right spots, you can buy bait from the "girl with the goods".

If you are doing the quest where you need to attack the big fish, use a fishing harpoon to attack them.

• Advertisement

Just killed Barroth offline :D

Killed Gobul offline too. :D

How is everyone else doing?

I only have all the 1 star quests done :pac:

I only have all the 1 star quests done :pac:

How did you find the Monster Guts quest?

How did you find the Monster Guts quest?
    Isn't that level 2? I killed the Great Jaggi, took forever. Also did the crystal bones quest in the desert place.

Isn't that level 2? I killed the Great Jaggi, took forever. Also did the crystal bones quest in the desert place.

The Monster Guts quest is the one where you run into the giant beastie underwater XD.

I'm almost up to fighting him, anyway, it won't be fun.

Gobul was rather difficult, but I didn't die on him.

Hey, tonydude, where are you at in Tri?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Hey, tonydude, where are you at in Tri?
    Lol no where at the moment cause i havent got the game yet, i feel so left out:(

The Monster Guts quest is the one where you run into the giant beastie underwater XD.

I'm almost up to fighting him, anyway, it won't be fun.
    I did the monster guts quest, got them from fighting delex. Don't know what monster you're talking about.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,478 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Started last night, lots of potential even if I'm wrestling with the control scheme a bit (why don't they use the extra two triggers on the classic controller pro?). Still only in the tutorial stages, how long til I get to the online stuff?

• Advertisement

Started last night, lots of potential even if I'm wrestling with the control scheme a bit (why don't they use the extra two triggers on the classic controller pro?). Still only in the tutorial stages, how long til I get to the online stuff?

The on-line stuff is separate from single player, pick city instead of village when you start the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

I've had such a turnaround on this game - played it yesterday in singleplayer with a few mates and we took the piss out of it for an hour or so before getting bored and quitting.

But then we tried the 2-player arena mode with the third monster, a big t-rex alike that charges you and destroys your health bar on contact. Soon we were laying pittraps, timing our flash grenades, charging up megablows and wasting barrells as we couldn't figure them out! Game is a lot of fun!

So what's this like online with the Wiispeak? Constant interruptions or does it work the same as xbox headset?

I got the game in the post today and i started the story mode until the guild girl appeard then went online and to be honest i cant see myself playing this a whole lot. Im glad i bought it online otherwise i would have forked out loads for it. Ill give it another try tonight and if get doesnt improve i might throw it onto adverts.

I did the monster guts quest, got them from fighting delex. Don't know what monster you're talking about.

Ah, I was talking about the offline guts quest.

Anyway, I just repelled Lagiacrus yesterday :D

BTW, Tony, don't give up on the game so early, it can take a while to get into it, but it's awesome once you do.

So what's this like online with the Wiispeak? Constant interruptions or does it work the same as xbox headset?

The Wiispeak apparently needs you both to be added as in-game friends to work, even then, the qualitu (at least from my experience) is terrible.

It's definitely not worth buying for just one game, you're better off getting a usb keyboard instead.

ok venum whats your friend code and where can you enter it to match up im a wii noob remember

tonydude wrote: »
    ok venum whats your friend code and where can you enter it to match up im a wii noob remember

MY code is in my sig, but you can only add me when I'm online, if you want to arrange some time for Thursday ( I am busy tonight and tomorrow night ) that would be OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Daeltaja

Hooked.. 30 hours in (lol) Just killed Barroth in Offline, up to rank 9 online. Had a few tries on Gobul and Rathian.. tough mo'fos!

Anyone that is skeptical about it, particularly given the very slow introduction (nothing exciting until about 6 hours in..) stick with it! So far its been very rewarding and I haven't come across any idiots online.. yet.

Daeltaja wrote: »
    Hooked.. 30 hours in (lol) Just killed Barroth in Offline, up to rank 9 in online. Had a few tries on Gobul and Rathian.. tough mo'fos!

Anyone that is skeptical about it, particularly given the very slow introduction (nothing exciting until about 6 hours in..) stick with it! So far its been very rewarding and I haven't come across any idiots online.. yet.

I'm only Hunter Rank 8 online :D

I'm stuck on Lagiacrus offline, I tried hammering him but got my ass kicked, so I need to find a few strategies for him.

• Advertisement

Daeltaja wrote: »
    Me and 3 guys were fighting the royal ludroth online, we even got its tail off, but the same idiot died three times so then everyone failed the quest, very annoying

Advertisement