Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monster Hunter Tri

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Daeltaja

If anyone is up for some online farming, just add me!

Going after Lagi cuts and plenty of Rathian bits too.

Hunter ID: 8NL5RT
    Name: Ribbon

See you online ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Daeltaja wrote: »
    If anyone is up for some online farming, just add me!

Going after Lagi cuts and plenty of Rathian bits too.

Hunter ID: 8NL5RT
    Name: Ribbon

See you online ;)

I'm still only HR8 and up to Lagi offline :(

Damn Lagia, there is no way I will be able to hammer this guy, I'm going to get a decent lance and beat him.

W00t hr9!

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

Ok a few questions

wheres the cheapest bundle ?
    Whats the game like ?
    Do u craft weapons ?

• Advertisement

Flaregon wrote: »
    Ok a few questions

wheres the cheapest bundle ?
    Whats the game like ?
    Do u craft weapons ?

1. Try play.com or amazon, GAME if you want the ultimate edition bundle.
    2. Watch gameplay vids.
    3. Yeah.

1. Try play.com or amazon, GAME if you want the ultimate edition bundle.
    2. Watch gameplay vids.
    3. Yeah.

is the wii speak need ? does it add to the game ?
    Seem hmv beats play.com only 55 with controler.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Daeltaja

Lagiacrus down on very first try offline.. Easy if you just avoid his attacks and hit him when hes after ChaCha.

Working on the Lagi Switch Axe now and up to rank 12 online!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Tried to go online about an hour ago and couldn't, was getting connection issues. As far as the 3 star quests offline.

Capturing monsters seems poorly implemented, the game isn't very good at showing when they're injured enough, if the monster limps from one area to the next it shouldn't magically lose its limp next time you see it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,478 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Had a go online last night, good fun although people I was playing with tended to run off ahead! Tried to add some of the IDs here, but it was saying 'players weren't online', so don't know if it worked. Name is Maccy on it, will post up my ID later.

• Advertisement

Had a go online last night, good fun although people I was playing with tended to run off ahead! Tried to add some of the IDs here, but it was saying 'players weren't online', so don't know if it worked. Name is Maccy on it, will post up my ID later.

The person has to be online and not in a quest for you to add them or message them, but you can warp to their city at anytime as long as the city is not full and they are in a city.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I'll be heading to Liffey Valley tomorrow - what are my chances of picking this up? Would like the game + controller, not too fussed about wii speak, does anyone know offhand which store in LV has the cheapest bundle?

Thoie wrote: »
    I'll be heading to Liffey Valley tomorrow - what are my chances of picking this up? Would like the game + controller, not too fussed about wii speak, does anyone know offhand which store in LV has the cheapest bundle?

I think the only bundle avaialable is the ultimate hunter bundle, for €70, which has the controller, you may as well hold on to the wii speak.

That bundle is only available at GAME.

I think the only bundle available is the ultimate hunter bundle, for €70, which has the controller, you may as well hold on to the wii speak.

It's OK - I won't bin it if it's there, but if there was a cheaper bundle without it that would have been fine too :) Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I think the only bundle avaialable is the ultimate hunter bundle, for €70, which has the controller, you may as well hold on to the wii speak.

That bundle is only available at GAME.
    ??? There's another bundle that comes with just the controller for €60.

ShaneU wrote: »

Really? I didn't know that.

Liffey Valley Game still has some of the €69.99 Limited Edition packs with the game, controller pro and wii speak (and a statuette - anyone want a statuette?). They're not on display, but are out the back if you ask at the counter.

Thoie wrote: »
    Liffey Valley Game still has some of the €69.99 Limited Edition packs with the game, controller pro and wii speak (and a statuette - anyone want a statuette?). They're not on display, but are out the back if you ask at the counter.

If you get it, keep the statuette, it may be flimsy and fall apart often (it is made of rubber and you put it together yourself) but it's still pretty neat.

If you get it, keep the statuette, it may be flimsy and fall apart often (it is made of rubber and you put it together yourself) but it's still pretty neat.

I'm an old woman - free rubber statuettes have lost their appeal and don't go with the decor ;)

I'm working my way through the tutorial, but so far I'm dreadful at this game. My manual is in a variety of non-English languages (but I'm managing with the French version). I have not yet discovered how to pick herbs other than one set of blue mushrooms, which I can't find in my inventory. I apparently take my steak rare, because I keep cooking it in the middle of the night. Just discovered that I could, in fact, sleep during the night, which seems like a much better idea. Enjoying it lots, wowed by the graphics, but now I need to go cook real food, and come back to it later.

ShaneU wrote: »
    its 55 in hmv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Anyone know where I can pick up Wii Speak on its own and the possible price?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

i got one for sale at the moment is brand new i only unpacked it and packed it up again . bought it last week and no longer want it. If ur interested let me know.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-RVL-A-MU-Speak/dp/B001EZ8IBS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1272984452&sr=8-1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Strangely enough Amazon don't ship it to Ireland :confused: Anyways it's grand I was speaking to Tonydude above, but thanks anyways

I killed Lagiacrus offline with a lance two days ago! I love lances now!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,052 ✭✭✭✭event

think i might pick this up today, is the bundle still €55 in HMV can anyone confirm?

event wrote: »
    think i might pick this up today, is the bundle still €55 in HMV can anyone confirm?

I was in HMV in Liffey Valley on Tuesday, it was €55 then.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,052 ✭✭✭✭event

yeah called my local one, its €55 but not in stock

ill try the other one, might try and get to it tomorrow after work

event wrote: »
    yeah called my local one, its €55 but not in stock

ill try the other one, might try and get to it tomorrow after work

The other one? The other what?

• Advertisement

Killed Rathalos yesterday, took me twenty minutes, but I didn't die once.

Advertisement