Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monster Hunter Tri

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

event wrote: »
    yeah called my local one, its €55 but not in stock

ill try the other one, might try and get to it tomorrow after work

i got the game/controller bundle for sale €50 including postage if ur interested. It was played once and resealed.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Daeltaja

Killed Rathalos yesterday, took me twenty minutes, but I didn't die once.

Got full Lagi, Rathalos, Rathian, Barioth armour sets, after quite an amount of kills.. Buyer beware, be willing to sink many hours into this!

Have to say, I enjoy the online experience over single player 10-fold. Most kills offline take at least 3 times the length as they do online.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Daeltaja wrote: »
    Got full Lagi, Rathalos, Rathian, Barioth armour sets, after quite an amount of kills.. Buyer beware, be willing to sink many hours into this!

Have to say, I enjoy the online experience over single player 10-fold. Most kills offline take at least 3 times the length as they do online.

I don't want to get Lagi, Rathalos or Rathian armour sets.

I use full R. Ludroth armour when I'm lancing and a custom armour set of Barroth and Jaggi when hammering, the custome set gives me all the positives of a full barroth set but with no negatives. :D

i still need to do Barrioth, his armour is deadly with Evasion+2, would be great for lancing if gemmed for Guard+1, Guard Up or Evasion Inc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Enjoying this so far, have only done two offline 1* quests so not very far into it. Thinking of waiting to do the online once I'm 10 or so hours into the game - would that make sense or would it benefit me to get into the online asap?

Also are all the quests online different to the offline, or can you finish quests online and have them complete in your offline game?

Enjoying this so far, have only done two offline 1* quests so not very far into it. Thinking of waiting to do the online once I'm 10 or so hours into the game - would that make sense or would it benefit me to get into the online asap?

Also are all the quests online different to the offline, or can you finish quests online and have them complete in your offline game?

Quest progress offline does not affect progress online.

It doesn't matter when you begin the online, although I'd personally recommend doing a decent amount of offline first, what is decent is up to you.

• Advertisement

Almost at Ceadeus, just have to kill Uragaan, he certainly proved tough the first time I fought him, but I've no doubt I just have to get used to him.

Just repelled Ceadeus!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I had never played a MH before, so it was totally overwhelming to learn it's ways. After the confusion though it opens up. It's such a good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jazzkamiden

Haven't played it in ages. Waiting until after my summer exams to play it. I'll be up for aq game then if anyone wants to play online :)

I'm waiting till after my Junior Certificate to play again, but by then, I'll have built my own PC, so I don't know when I'll get back to the game.

• Advertisement

Any one wanna give my their code? I'm up for an online quest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

I will start playing again when my JC is over as well :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Zaffy

Can't defeat the Barioth :\ I'm probably being crap here, but he just utterly destroys me.

I think i need to get a spiral lance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭twinQuins

(Apologies, mods, for the bump but I didn't think this warranted a new thread)

How's everyone doing? I'm on to doing Diablos and Barioth now. I've been practicing with the LS so I'm hoping with traps my Wyvern Blade will sort Barioth out.
    On that note I was rather uneasy with the LS at first. Compared with the SA I found it slow and the lack of manoeuvrability was irritating but now (especially online) I'm really liking it, especially the high elemental damage.

I was a little hesitant about going online at first but I've really, really been enjoying it this last week. Spent an evening farming Lagiacrus, for a plate, with an Australian and had a great time.
    I've got most of the 3* quests done but Uragaan is a real pain.

Overall I'm really enjoying it.

Glad at least someone's enjoying it :)

I haven't played in AGES.

I'm pretty pleased with myself, since my last post I've captured Barioth, Diablos, Uragaan and slain Ceadeus twice (and repelled him a third time). Actually, I find the battle with Ceadeus quite fun so I don't mind farming him.

Though I was lucky (incredibly so) to get both a Deep Dragongem and Elderdragon blood on my first kill, so I have the full Helios set (I fought Lagiacrus last night and on my first capture I got a plate, I honestly can't believe my luck). Blunt Edge is a pain but the extra sharpness is really nice.
    Now that I also have Inceadeus I'm going to take on Agnaktor. The sword mode should help cut through his armour.

EDIT: I'd just like to say that The Phantom Uragaan event quest was easily some of the most fun I've had in this. The music matches the mood perfectly.

Just started to get back into this after a few months away from it :)

Excellent. If you need any help or just a bit of company while questing, let me know.

I'm not doing much beyond farming Deviljho at the moment, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

So I finnaly got this anyway. Was playing it all today on the single player. I've just done a few little bits and then a quest or two.
    When does it get to the part with the big monsters?
    Also, about what level would ya recommend to get to first before you go online? I had a quick look at the online bit to see what my friend code was, but didnt actually play any quests.

There are certain "key quests" that unlock an urgent quest. Completing the urgent quest opens up the next level of quests. You'll need to complete at least the one-star key quests to unlock your first urgent, which is also your first fight against a real monster.

As for online, I've seen people of all levels of skill and equipment. Personally, I'd recommend at least Hunter Armour, upgraded and to make sure that whatever weapons you use have some green sharpness.
    Keep in mind that the monsters are also more difficult (but not that much), being designed to be fought be four people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

So I have this on Wii and MHFU on PSP, but I had a fairly significant amount of playtime on the PSP one (even though I have yet to kill Tigrex), so I thought it might be fun to share a character with my girlfriend on the Wii due to the game's lack of plot and the fact that if either of us played, our net resources on the character would increase.

At this point she has largely taken control of the character though, and I just generally jump in when I want to try out a new boss she's unlocked.

It would be sweet to do some multiplayer though, and I realised there's actually another Wii in the flat, which we could connect to the second TV, and run both games through the same internet to quest together (we would have to buy another copy of MHTri for it though).

I just had a couple of practical questions before I went and dropped the money on it.

(1) Is there any offline multiplayer beyond boss rushes?
    (2) Can you system link Wiis in MHTri to cut out the internet middle man?
    (3) Will running two consoles off one router suck hardcore?
    (4) Can I copy "our" save data on the original file so my character on the new file won't be starting from scratch?

1) no
    2) no
    3) possibly
    4) no (without a modded wii)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Cool thanks.

It's a shame it doesn't have the option for local wireless multiplayer, since Battalion Wars 2 did, so it means the Wii is at least able to do it.

No modded Wii, but I guess on the upside she could cheese me through all the early content I've already played with her character.

Anyone wanna quest with me? I'm HR24 (:

HR32 now

Advertisement