Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diane Wynne Jones recommendations

Options
  • 23-03-2010 1:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hola, I've been meaning to get to grips with Diane Wynne Jones for awhile but she's so prolific I don't know where to start. Can someone recommend me three of her books?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

Hey there! Sorry I let this sit for a while.

The three books you want are:

- Howl's Moving Castle, a clever, witty fantasy that appeals to adults as much as children.
    - The Homeward Bounders, a children's book with a fantastically interesting premise.
    - The Tough Guide to Fantasyland, a nonfiction book that humourously highlights, mocks and deconstructs the traditional fantasy elements, all in the foorm of a tour guide! A standard reviewer's tool, and so funny I've repeatedly given copies as presents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Harmsden

Sweet. I'll get my teeth into Howl's Moving Castle and see how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

Let me know what you think!

Advertisement