Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stop Ryan Hart! Win An XBox

Options
  • 23-03-2010 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

eSports.ie wrote:
    Ryan Hart, one of Europe's top Street Fighter 4 players, is attempting to set a Guinness World Record for Street Fighter 4. The goal is to break the current record of going 108 consecutive rounds unbeaten. Some have stated that they believe that a higher number of rounds unbeaten has been witnessed but this attempt is to be verified by Guinness and so, qualifies as an official record. The event will take place on March 27th from 12:00-16:00 GMT. Gamestation (59-60 Prospect Centre, Hull) is the venue for this attempt.

This world record attempt will also help celebrate the launch of the Guinness World Records 2010 Gamer Edition.All are invited to come out and challenge Ryan Hart with prizes on offer. The best player on the day will win an XBox 360 Elite, a game and a Guinness Goodie Bag. Second place will win a £100 Gamestation gift card and a Goodie Bag while third to fifth place will win a Guinness Goodie Bag.

Quote From Guinness World Records Website:
    European Street Fighter IV Champion, Ryan Hart, said: “I'm looking forward to breaking the Street Fighter IV Guinness World Record in Hull. You've played the rest, but come March 27th get ready to play the best!”

Gamestation store Manager Craig Huxtable said:
    “We know that our customers are really hardcore players so Ryan better be ready for a tough day. For anyone who stops Ryan in his tracks, we’ll be giving away some cool prizes including an Xbox 360 Elite, a £100 gamestation gift card and some Guinness goodie bags.”

Source: GetYourTournament // eSports.ie

Sounds like fun! Wonder how biased it will be for Ryan though - challengers often have to use stock setups or pads. Hopefully it will be fair!

🤪

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Nah I think gamestation lets you use sticks etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Didn't Justin Wong do this at one of the game expos already?

Think he beat 100 people in a row and he played on pad too.

Edit: Just found the video. It was 300 win streak on five round matches. Don't know how many rounds he dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

So wait he can't lose any rounds at all? Yikes, good luck to him. Though I suppose, if he just plays plebs who come in off the street it shouldn't be too hard for someone like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Wonder if its in Hull instead of London to make it difficult for people to travel heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

THey should secretly fly Daigo over for a laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Ryan beat Daigo in the Masters Cup in Cannes lol.

Guys now that he's a mate, dya think right at the start we could call him up & say 'Ryan, i have an RROD, any chance of letting me win 1st game, THEN you go on a wicked win streak?'

He was pretty sound, so you never know haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Jumpy wrote: »
    THey should secretly fly Daigo over for a laugh.

"We're up to 106 consecutive rounds...Just one more flawless opponent and the record is yours. Now, what's your name? Daigo Umehara eh? Good luck!"

:S THAT would be pressure - not only having to beat Daigo but without dropping a round.
    Xinkai wrote: »
    Ryan beat Daigo in the Masters Cup in Cannes lol.

Guys now that he's a mate, dya think right at the start we could call him up & say 'Ryan, i have an RROD, any chance of letting me win 1st game, THEN you go on a wicked win streak?'

He was pretty sound, so you never know haha.

Would be pretty sweet

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

I wish him good luck, probably one of the top 3 best players in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Sisko wrote: »
    I wish him good luck, probably one of the top 3 best players in Europe.

Top3 really, he's got to be best in Europe surely?? who wold you put on a par with him??

I don't know enough about the top EU players that's why I said top 3 , as it could be debatable for all I know. I just know he's deffo a contender for the top spot.

• Advertisement

ah right I suppose that franch lad aliouine could be up there. Its ashame I dont pay enough attention to the European scene as a whole.

Its the nature of europe being a group of countries, theres no one catch all, 'OFFICIAL EU TOURNEY ' of which the winner can say he;s the best in the EU (after what ever japanese guys come and place higher :p)

Like the US have evo etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

It's a cool idea, but that's a serious amount of pressure! Good luck to him!

You reckon we could attract them all to Dublin, I reckoned we'd need bigger than the xgc :rolleyes:

Sagat06 wrote: »
    Top3 really, he's got to be best in Europe surely?? who wold you put on a par with him??

Alioune, zak bennett

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Doctor Doom...

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭fake_roogle

Sagat06 wrote: »
    Alioune.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

If it's by rounds I'd say it'll be tough as anyone can get a lucky ultra and finish a round with a few hits from some of the characters with more damaging ultra's.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Ryan Hart has broken the record after beating 169 players in a row!

http://www.shoryuken.com/entry.php?b=974

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Nice. He puts the tiger into soap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Wonder will these lads stick with Sagat in super? Hart is unquestionably good, but will he stay with Sagat for his playstyle or move to a new top tier?

I suppose when your trying to earn a living from the game your gonna want every single .1% of a chance that you'll win thus still pick top tier even if the game is very balanced.

Or at least I imagine that's his thinking. So I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed sagat, although I wonder how much sagats match up against akuma has been altered.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

But sagat is balanced this time around. So would the "I need to make a living" people stick with him? I doubt it to be honest. Unless they like his playstyle ofcourse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I heard ryan hart say on a podcast that he started with ken but was getting beat down so he switched to sagat. He said his win ratio changed dramatically as soon as he picked him up. He admits sagat is stupid good and thats why he uses him.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

I just got the hiding of my life off Alioune this evening(he asked me to play him coz he was bored apparently)....with respect to Dreddy you got to see this guy's Gief! His E.Honda, Guile and Sagat were Godly too....

I think he taught me a 21-0 lesson not to beat his Dan in Championship.....

I find it hard to believe there's a better European player out there.

Lol, I'd never claim to be anywhere near as good as Alioune :pac:

Have you fought him yet? It was fun playing against him tonight, but he ruined the winnig streak I had going.....:(

Nah, met him in Cannes briefly but haven't played him online or off. Would like to though

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Bush80 wrote: »
    I heard ryan hart say on a podcast that he started with ken but was getting beat down so he switched to sagat. He said his win ratio changed dramatically as soon as he picked him up. He admits sagat is stupid good and thats why he uses him.

Fun fact- Chunkis is name checked in this podcast and there's a little out take at the end with him worrying about losing his phone. :) it's from gootecks.

• Advertisement

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Nah, met him in Cannes briefly but haven't played him online or off. Would like to though
    Beat his dan in Champ mode then! His GT is: Violent Alioune, he may take a request if you send him one. I was checking his friends list and it was like the who's who of top players..

Advertisement