Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of website. Frontend design only.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Except the OP was crystal clear what he wanted. He clarified what he wanted. Its crystal clear its a tiny project. Otherwise he woldn't be here asking the quesiton. The scale of the budget is clear too. You can't buy an Aston Martin with Fiesta money. Want is irelevant. If you can afford to turn down small jobs thats fair enough. That doesn't mean there isn't a market for it, or that you won't get good results if thats your budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

BostonB wrote: »
    Except the OP was crystal clear what he wanted. He clarified what he wanted. Its crystal clear its a tiny project. Otherwise he woldn't be here asking the quesiton. The scale of the budget is clear too. You can't buy an Aston Martin with Fiesta money. Want is irelevant. If you can afford to turn down small jobs thats fair enough. That doesn't mean there isn't a market for it, or that you won't get good results if thats your budget.

You might want to read the thread again - my "how long is a piece of string" comment was aimed at sheeps' question "Wonder how much a website with a full back end to it would cost?"

Fair nuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Goodshape wrote: »
    Just for contrast, the 2012 Olympics logo cost £4k. Hmmm, not so lucky.
    Sorry.. I made a mistake here! Think it deserves another short post, because that logo actually cost £400,000, not £4000! Talk about multiples of 10! (or, ehm, 100!).

Now that is a crazy price to pay.

Says $800,000 here...
    http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/story?id=3247374&page=1

Its brutal even if they'd paid $10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

lisa simpsons given head cost lots.
    Would love to see inspiration+sketches as peliminarys

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭KJF

My rule of thumb is to charge more for the first page and then less, normally half for each subsequent page. for example, if I charged €500 for the first page, I would charge €250 for each subsequent page.

You'll find that with most designs you have a repeating header and footer and maybe some other elements, navigation, sidebar etc which get reused so I think this is fair.

Uh-oh Here they come with pitchforks and torches....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

BostonB wrote: »
    Uh-oh Here they come with pitchforks and torches....:eek:
    What?

I really shouldn't even bother, but...
    KJF wrote:
    for example, if I charged €500 for the first page

The OP said he thought it'd be worth 250-300. I said "I'd still probably double it to get a quality design", based on his fairly specific 1-page-only requirements. 250 x 2 = 500.

KJF wrote:
    I would charge €250 for each subsequent page.

I also suggested that a) one page might not be enough (before the OP clarified his position) and that the sites pointed to had *at least* three different page styles. and b) that I'd expect to pay 1k+ for a quality web design.

500+250+250 == 1k.

I don't think it'd get you the best of the best (and I was, tbh, thinking more 600 than 500) but it would probably be enough to get a page designed. No pitchforks.

Advertisement