Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Cup Groups

• 23-03-2010 1:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭

Since the WC fever is building - what do people think of the Group winners

Just looking at them, there are a few that stand out

- Holland are 4-5 to top their Group
    - Brazil are 4-6 to top their Group
    - Spain are 1-3 to top their Group
    - Argentina are 8-15 to top their Group

Groups here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/internationals/tables/default.stm

Holland , Spain and Brazil treble pays 3-1

I think Holland are a great price at 4-5. Their first game is against Denmark which should ultimately decide who tops the Group. If it ends a draw Holland should still out-score the rest of the teams to top the Group.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/internationals/world-cup

There looks to be some decent prices on the individual matches too eg

Holland 8-15 to beat Japan (2nd match)
    Argentina 4-6 to beat Nigeria (1st match)

PS Mods I have posted this in the Gambling Forum but tbh there are only a couple of people that read the Gambling forum so I thought I would post it here as well. Just looking for some insight.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

The Holland one worries me a bit as I think it's quite a competitive group. Then again 4/5 isn't a bad price but I don't think it's a particularly great one either. I'd probably stay away...

Brazil/Spain/England could be worth a shout, although obviously wouldn't pay as well.

I'll def be doing a few of these bets but will probably wait til a bit closer to the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Dark horses for the win in the group stages for me - Uruguay and Serbia. No idea if the odds are good on either though (not a betting man).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Dark horses for the win in the group stages for me - Uruguay and Serbia. No idea if the odds are good on either though (not a betting man).

Yeah they'd be my dark horses,Germany are hit and miss and if they're miss,Ghana or Serbia can take control of that group

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Spain at 1-3 are an absolute certainty. A double with Brazil pays 6-5. Would be a major surprise if either of those two don't top their groups.

Holland at 4-5 is interesting alright. The Dutch group looks superficially strong on paper but on closer inspection it's not that great. Denmark are abviously decent but Cameroon are not hectic right now and Japan, even though they'll be competitive you'd have to think Holland will have a bit too much for them. Beat Denmark in the first game and Holland are all but certain to top the group.

Advertisement