Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jive lesson music suggestions?

Options
  • 23-03-2010 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

New to the forum so hello all. Not sure if this is in the right place but couldn't find a similar thread when searching.

I am looking for some songs that are used for beginner jive lessons. I think they have a country feel to them, although I am sure the saw doctors do one or two also. The kind of songs that people jive to at weddings. Trying to make a CD to practice to but have no idea of what artists or songs to look for.

When I google I normally get latin jive styles so any suggestions would be a great help!

Thanks in advance:D

Vintage

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Apology accepted...

anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭odonopenmic

Pick up a Sun Studios (early 50s) compilation if you're looking for a more country feel to it, or any rock'n'roll compilation for that matter. I wouldn't have thought it would be too hard to find excessively jiveable music! :o

Thanks for that, it's proving more difficult than I thought because I dont have a clue what I am looking for and google keeps bringing back latin jive music, not what Irish people would consider jive.

Any specific bands/songs to recommend would be great?

Pick up a Sun Studios (early 50s) compilation if you're looking for a more country feel to it, or any rock'n'roll compilation for that matter. I wouldn't have thought it would be too hard to find excessively jiveable music! :o

Sun Studios: early Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins
    rock'n'roll: Bill Haley, there's another song called 'at the hop' but can't remember who sings it.

Literally, the best advice I can give is find a sun studios and/or rock'n'roll compilation - surely if you pick these up you'll know which songs sound like the ones you're dancing to :p That's what we learnt to jive to as kids anyway.

That or ask your teacher to recommend some.

• Advertisement

Or, just google 'music to jive to' - I've just found dozens of websites with full lists of songs recommended :rolleyes:

Cheers for the suggestions, will do that when i get home. Believe me, i googled i but found most of those sites have Latin Jive.

Sorted now though so thanks again

Advertisement