Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

360 TE for £50, 360 SE for £25, today only

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Game were selling TEs for similarly cheap but are also out of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DecentBee

Bah, shouldn't keep my credit card so close to hand at work, just ordered one. Suppose it's marginally better than my Hori EX2 and probably easier to mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

DecentBee wrote: »
    Bah, shouldn't keep my credit card so close to hand at work, just ordered one. Suppose it's marginally considerably better than my Hori EX2 and probably definitely easier to mod.

fixed ;)

Talking about the SE here, honestly isn't THAT much better than the EX2. The stick on the one I used wasn't smooth, got caught a bit when doing QCF. Anyway, at least I have a stick for P2 now :cool:

I'm not ragging on you here but the ex2 is pants. I started with it and the buttons are like syrup the joystick is heavy and has a dead feel to it, and when it comes to modding you have to a fecking electrician (or have skinnier fingers than me :D). The SE is head and shoulders above it.

The square gate in the SE is what gave it that feel but thats a quick and cheap change if you dont like it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Sagat06 wrote: »
    I'm not ragging on you here but the ex2 is pants. I started with it and the buttons are like syrup the joystick is heavy and has a dead feel to it, and when it comes to modding you have to a fecking electrician (or have skinnier fingers than me :D). The SE is head and shoulders above it.

The square gate in the SE is what gave it that feel but thats a quick and cheap change if you dont like it.

To be fair I have found milage on the SE varies hugely- mine broke in 2 places in the space of weeks. I don't think it's a clear cut as you make out as other people seem to get good ones that last and last.

I guess I'm just a fanboy :rolleyes::o

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

MarkMan over at SRK works for Madcatz; he's ensured that the TvC stick (on Wii) and the next iteration of SEs (out for Super, possibly?) will have GOOD Omron switches in the stick.
    Dunno if they're making the same change for the buttons, but buttons are cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Mine lasted fine enough with consistent use for a good few months. My buttons were slowly on the way out though.

My light kick button was the 1st to get iffy, would only register every 2nd hit. Just swapped it with one of the black non used buttons.

Next was my medium punch button, got my sanwas before I needed to deal with that though.

The stick on mine remained perfect, but its now a nice sanwa stick :D

Doom is right though, thats me, but then look at barry, his buttons went, then his stick got mad loose and wonkey , then eventual it died on him.

SE's mod-ability is fantastic though.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

Out of stock never mind :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Cobelcog wrote: »
    Out of stock never mind :pac:
    Someday you'll find a way off that pad, someday.

Load of gee, they cancelled my order because they don't ship 'heavy items' outside the UK :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Ah, that sucks. Edited the OP to reflect that nobody should bother trying.

DecentBee wrote: »
    Load of gee, they cancelled my order because they don't ship 'heavy items' outside the UK :mad:
    It's actually a fairly standard practice apperantly. I couldn't order TEs on Amazon for the same reason. Kept giving out to me about it weighing too much to ship internationally.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Thanks for the heads up Dreddy, I was just gonna buy new buttons and stick as mine are getting very "mushy" but got a new TE instead for not much more!

Amazon.co.uk used to not ship sticks to Ireland but that changed months ago, they now ship them no problem.

blag wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up Dreddy, I was just gonna buy new buttons and stick as mine are getting very "mushy" but got a new TE instead for not much more!

Nice one man, hope they'll ship to NI for you.

Yeah, but what irks me is they confirmed the order, authorised my credit card and even got as far as the 'packing' stage before suddenly changing the status to cancelled. No explanation until I mailed them.

Yeah, that's pretty irritating alright.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Amazon.co.uk used to not ship sticks to Ireland but that changed months ago, they now ship them no problem.
    Huh. I only tried to order mine about a month ago and was denied. I can indeed do it grand now though. Good stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

"thank you for placing your order with Gamestation.

Unfortunately your recent order with Gamestation has been cancelled due to lack of stock."

Assholes!

Advertisement