Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlow Hens

Options
  • 23-03-2010 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭

Hi Folks, I'm looking at planning a hen weekend in Carlow in July. Any tips or ideas on places to go and things to do?

I'll be looking for an activity to do on the Saturday day time, and somewhere to eat and then go dancing on the Saturday night.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Alot of hen parties stay in Dinn Ri hotel, and go to the Foundry nightclub (part of the same complex).

For a meal, i would recommend The Lemongrass if you like thai food

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭dutchcat

i think there is a fella that sell's hen's in pembroke

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭litup

Thanks for that Nead. The Foundry seems to offer the option of reserving a section in the Dinn Ri Bar/Cedar Sq for live music and then into the nightclub. Is the Dinn Ri bar any use? Would it be a bit of craic for a hens?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Nead21 wrote: »
    Alot of hen parties stay in Dinn Ri hotel, and go to the Foundry nightclub (part of the same complex).

For a meal, i would recommend The Lemongrass if you like thai food
    Just to say for anyone looking for a proper Thai restaurant Weeping Thaiger is the only one in Carlow. Lemongrass is an Asian restaurant of no particular cuisine. It serves various Asian cuisines including Thai, Malaysian, Indian, Chinese and Japanese.

Both places are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

litup wrote: »
    Thanks for that Nead. The Foundry seems to offer the option of reserving a section in the Dinn Ri Bar/Cedar Sq for live music and then into the nightclub. Is the Dinn Ri bar any use? Would it be a bit of craic for a hens?

i have seen the upstairs part of Dinn Ri pub reserved for hen parties before. It's nice as although you have your own space in the bar, you're not missing out on any of the pub's atmosphere. As for having the craic, well its what you make of it really, and that will depend on your crowd!

Slimjimmc: would still choose Lemongrass any day of the week for their thai food.

• Advertisement
Advertisement