Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UEFA Champions League - Quarter-Finals thread

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Nice to have an early match to get the evening started.

Inter one foot and four toes in the semi's already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Is there something special about CSKAs pitch or is it just the usual 3rd generation you find?

dont think theres any actual grass on it, as opposed to the 3rd gen ones which are majority grass part synthetic afaik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Any decent streams?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Gem from Dolan at HT "Walls don't jump - if they did you'd sue the builder" :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Gullit just put a jacket on over his suit over on Sky Sports. Must be cold over there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

fyp ;)

Thanks, I think I must've been thinking of the actor Rob Schneider :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

de durpti durpti durti doo

;
    yeah he gets that a lot;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Inter really managing to suck all of the oxygen out of this tie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Well it's official, Inter are the first side through to the Semi's. So the winner of Barcenal plays them.

• Advertisement

Has to be the most boring second half I have seen all seen all season. Just hope Arsenal score first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Praying Bordeaux win in 90 mins tonight. Put a nice few quid on a Barca/Bordeaux double. :o Lisandro Lopez and Govou will be big losses for Lyon and I'd be surprised if Bordeaux don't manage to win tonights fixture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

Chamakh scores on the stroke of half time. Lyon still with a bit of work to do.

Yeah Bordeaux missed an absolute sitter in second half. Chamakh presuming he signs for Arsenal in summer will be one to watch out for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Yeah Bordeaux missed an absolute sitter in second half. Chamakh presuming he signs for Arsenal in summer will be one to watch out for.

Typical of him. GETIN!!!! ALLEZ OL!!!:D

Ush1 wrote: »
    Typical of him. GETIN!!!! ALLEZ OL!!!:D
    That said fell over a bit too easy in box after the break. But Arsenal if they get him have got a good one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

That said fell over a bit too easy in box after the break. But Arsenal if they get him have got a good one.

He's decent but similar to Bendnter in alot of ways. Not very clinical but strong and good in the air.

Ush1 wrote: »
    He's decent but similar to Bendnter in alot of ways. Not very clinical but strong and good in the air.
    Yes was thinking that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Delighted all the Premiership sides are out. Nice to see a change, as well as an old European heavyweight (Bayern) back in the mix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

kinaldo wrote: »
    Delighted all the Premiership sides are out. Nice to see a change, as well as an old European heavyweight (Bayern) back in the mix.

I think its a bit farcial in the sense that United were the only team left that I genuinely believed could have given Barca a proper challenge. Bayern, Lyon, Inter - I just dont see it. No doubt your bunch must be big time pissed at the likelihood of your eternal enemies lifting Europes most coveted prize in your own backyard. On the other hand I agree that it is nice to see other countries represented for a change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

redout wrote: »
    I think its a bit farcial in the sense that United were the only team left that I genuinely believed could have given Barca a proper challenge. Bayern, Lyon, Inter - I just dont see it. No doubt your bunch must be big time pissed at the likelihood of your eternal enemies lifting Europes most coveted prize in your own backyard. On the other hand I agree that it is nice to see other countries represented for a change.
    Well I genuinely don't think Man Utd would have given Barca a better run for their money than last year's final. Barca are in a different stratosphere altogether.

And yes I really that wish the final wasn't in Madrid now.

Advertisement