Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil Level Indicator for Central Heating

• 23-03-2010 3:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 887 ✭✭✭

I have a manual oil level indicator, you know the one, it has measurements in inches. There is a black mark and it says that when the oil reaches this level place an order which I just did. Just want to ask a stupid question, I haven't had the central heating on for the last two days, as I was away but would I be correct in presuming that the central heating will STILL work even when the oil level is just at this indicator?

My own indicator is the stand alone oil stove which I have in the kitchen. This goes out well in advance on the level indicator because it is independantly fed from the oil tank and as it is gravity fed, needs a much higher level of oil in the tank.

In other words, I presume I will not need to have the MAIN central heating bled once I get the fill later today, I hope?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

If the indicator made any sense it would be calibrated to warn you to order oil a few days before it runs out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 887 ✭✭✭suitseir

ART6 wrote: »
    If the indicator made any sense it would be calibrated to warn you to order oil a few days before it runs out?

Its is not a calibrated one! Its literally a manual plastic stick with measurements on it...I think it came with the first delivery of oil I got...you just stick it into the tank and it gives in inches what is in the tank. Today when I dipped it into the tank it measure to the indicator where it states " ring for your next fill". I would guess there is enough to run the central heating for another 2 weeks on average hours. Fill is being delivered this evening as in 500 litres, which should see me ok coming into MILDER months!

Advertisement