Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin 760T - 1.85Gbs - Update Options?

Options
  • 23-03-2010 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭

Hi All!

I have a Garmin 760T which was purchased around December 2007 and came with City Navigator Europe NT 2008 [1] ALL out of the box which are still intact and has not been updated.

When I hook it up to my PC I'm told that there is 1.85GBs space of which only 123MBs is actually free.

I'm now wondering what are my Update Options as I have read that the latest Europe is 2.5-3GBs.

I'm uncertain as to whether that is a total download/installer size which then results in a smaller unpacked map once installed on my Unit? Or am I going to have to compromise and accept that Garmin saved money by economising on Flash Memory on a Unit which sold at the time for a nice premium and I have to settle for only Ireland and UK or Western Europe etc.

I also have a 4GB SD Card that I'd be happy to use if it enables me to get this sorted.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The maps can be installed on an SD card.

Advertisement