Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon [** SPOILERS FROM POST 823 ONWARD **]

Options
  • 23-03-2010 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86,093 ✭✭✭✭

Showing he has relinquished little control of all aspects of the "Transformers" franchise, director and producer Michael Bay released a statement on Monday providing new details on the third installment of the Robots vs. Robots series.
    Bay announced that Oscar winner Frances McDormand and John Malkovich will join the cast of "Transformers 3." It appears McDormand will have an integral role in the film as the National Intelligence Director. Malkvoich will play franchise lead Shia LaBeouf's first boss (whether he's already out of college is unclear). Bay also disclosed that popular character actor Ken Jeong is on board and just in case you didn't know he who was, Bay describes him as, "the super funny actor stuck in the trunk from 'Hangover' and the Doctor from 'Knocked Up.'"
    The populist filmmaker also revealed that the newest Autobot will be based on a Ferrari 458 Italia.
    The Paramount Pictures production will begin pre-shoots in a month in multiple locales including Los Angeles, Chicago, Washington, D.C., Florida, Texas, Moscow and China. "Transformers 3" was written by Ehren Kruger and is scheduled for release on July 1, 2011.

Dr. Ken on board not good

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

It's going to be f*cking terrible. Ah well. Transformers, Boredom in Disguise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Megan Fox, a Ferrari that turns into a robot, explosions...what's not to like? :pac:

It's hardly going to give The Green Mile a run for its money but what do you expect from a film franchise based on toys from the '80's? You guys shouldn't take these things too seriously. I can only speak for myself but sometimes I like to relax and watch a movie for pure, action-packed entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    I can only speak for myself but sometimes I like to relax and watch a movie for pure, action-packed entertainment.

so do i but i thought the 2nd installment was absolutely crap, whereas i didnt mind the first one as much for some reason

there are degrees of quality even within the realm of switch-your-brain-off movies anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Don't care to see this. Haven't even seen the 2nd one.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Well you know what to expect in a Michael Bay Transformers film now! If you didn't like the first two you've no right to complain if you go see the third one and don't like it!! Gotta lower your expectations (and IQ) going into Michael Baysplosion's films :pac::pac::pac:

Hate Dr. Ken :o I'll still go see it though ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

#2 was a missed opportunity IMO. There were a few great action scenes. Unfortunately there was too much buffer around them. Had they shaved 30-40 minutes off of it we would have been left with a quality little high octane eye candy action movie.

I hear they are toying with the idea of doing the third one in 3D. Transformers is definately a franchise that would benefit from 3D (in before someone makes Megan Fox joke).

and if they didnt have the robotic minstrel twins

3d would definitely suit it if done well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Galvasean wrote: »
    #2 was a missed opportunity IMO. There were a few great action scenes. Unfortunately there was too much buffer around them. Had they shaved 30-40 minutes off of it we would have been left with a quality little high octane eye candy action movie.

I hear they are toying with the idea of doing the third one in 3D. Transformers is definately a franchise that would benefit from 3D (in before someone makes Megan Fox joke).

I've no jokes but I did just get a mental image of a close up of Megan Fox in 3D :D

After Michael Bay parodied himself with the last one I have no hope for this one being any good, it was just endless shouting and blowy up things. I managed to fall asleep during it I was that bored.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

I cant wait!! More mindless action with more close ups of megan fox!! Whats not to like about that??

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭blue movie

hopefully it will be be more like the first one and less like the 2nd with its endless filler

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Megan fox megan fox megan fox megan fox megan fox megan fox megan fox megan fox megan fox megan fox megan fox megan fox

Cant wait....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Megan is waaaaay overrated in every dept.

I didn't mind part 2, in fact I even cried during a certain scene which transported me back to the first time I watched the animated film. The first film is the better but there are enough moments of greatness in part 2 to redeem it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Indeed, theres something just beyond trashy about her, she tends to look like a shemale hooker at times as well

I like the first, its got robots fighting and splosions, what more do you want? the 2nd is awful though, and if only one of the main characters had the cop on to use the shard they use on Jetfire on Optimus instead they would have knocked nearly an hour off the running time

i dunno i think shes very sexy alright but she also has that sort of slutty look, im not saying she is one or anything though! :)

krudler wrote: »
    Indeed, theres something just beyond trashy about her, she tends to look like a shemale hooker at times as well

Jaysus lads I'd love to see pictures of your girlfriends :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I like the first, its got robots fighting and splosions, what more do you want? the 2nd is awful though,

The second had even more robots fighting and more explosions, what more do you want?
    and if only one of the main characters had the cop on to use the shard they use on Jetfire on Optimus instead they would have knocked nearly an hour off the running time

Nope, Optimus was killed and his spark (soul) was up in robot heaven. Jetfire had simply ran out of power.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Thank you. That leaves more for me.

I will take 2 so...:D
    indough wrote: »
    i dunno i think shes very sexy alright but she also has that sort of slutty look, im not saying she is one or anything though! :)

Thats exactly it... She has the look of a slut with the lifestyle of a pro... perfect combination.

Will enjoy the film.

I still think 1 was the best.

The second had even more robots fighting and more explosions, what more do you want?

Nope, Optimus was killed and his spark (soul) was up in robot heaven. Jetfire had simply ran out of power.

Isnt the whole point of the allspark that it can create life from nothing? it makes toasters into living robots,stands to reason it can do the same with a dead one, it created their entire civilisation surely it can do more than jumpstart an old transformer?

• Advertisement

Jaysus lads I'd love to see pictures of your girlfriends :rolleyes:

why? just because shockingly someone doesnt find Megan Fox attractive? she just doesnt do it for me, shes "hot", but not in an attractive way.

she just doesnt do it for me, shes "hot", but not in an attractive way.

More in a shemale hooker way?

Isnt the whole point of the allspark that it can create life from nothing? it makes toasters into living robots,stands to reason it can do the same with a dead one, it created their entire civilisation surely it can do more than jumpstart an old transformer?

Optimus is more complex than a living toaster and needs more juice?
    Oh wait, it brought Megatron back to life... hmmm....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Megan Fox, a Ferrari that turns into a robot, explosions...what's not to like? :pac:

It's hardly going to give The Green Mile a run for its money but what do you expect from a film franchise based on toys from the '80's? You guys shouldn't take these things too seriously. I can only speak for myself but sometimes I like to relax and watch a movie for pure, action-packed entertainment.

I'm not taking it "too seriously" the films were f*cking boring! :pac:

Also even Megan Fox (the thumb! the thuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumb!) can't sway my opinion on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Simian!

indough wrote: »

And she's the spit of Stacey from Eastenders

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭fitz

Galvasean wrote: »
    Optimus is more complex than a living toaster and needs more juice?
    Oh wait, it brought Megatron back to life... hmmm....

Didn't that require the sacrifice of one of the other Decepticons though?
    Not a likely thing for Autobots to do, even to get Prime back.

The poorest thing about the Transformer movies is that you know while watching them, that there's a fantastic movie in there bursting to get out, it's just totally obscured by Bay's need for purile jokes and lack of taste.

fitz wrote: »
    Didn't that require the sacrifice of one of the other Decepticons though?
    Not a likely thing for Autobots to do, even to get Prime back.

Well, Megatron was literally missing an arm and a leg... Although Prime was missing most of his chest... I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

It's simple, the movie needs....

:D

And it can stick to the original Marvel comic origin for why they transfer into dinosaurs.

Bay can take his aversion to the Dinobots and stick it. His film needs them.

What about Megatron? he was killed by the allspark itself and it brought him back

• Advertisement

Kess73 wrote: »
    And it can stick to the original Marvel comic origin for why they transfer into dinosaurs.

Bay can take his aversion to the Dinobots and stick it. His film needs them.

I don't know if they can use the whole 'Transformers were here before we thoughttehy were" angle again. They did it to explain Megatron's origin and the Fallen's origin. Doing it again is highly unoriginal.

Advertisement