Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon [** SPOILERS FROM POST 823 ONWARD **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I think they win the award for least imaginative poster..

PH3jUAGvk1U869_1_m.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

^^ gotta be fake!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

Apparently it's not a fake. FFS it's so boring & samey that it could be from any of the films. Aargh it has that orange blue thing going on

• Registered Users Posts: 86,093 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

michael-bays-transformers-dark-of-the-moon-gets-a-poster-01-470-75.jpg
    The first official promo poster for Transformers 3 (or Transformers: Dark of the Moon, if we absolutely must call it that) has arrived.

Source

Galvasean wrote: »
    I think they win the award for least imaginative poster..

PH3jUAGvk1U869_1_m.jpg
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    michael-bays-transformers-dark-of-the-moon-gets-a-poster-01-470-75.jpg
    The first official promo poster for Transformers 3 (or Transformers: Dark of the Moon, if we absolutely must call it that) has arrived.

Source

deja-vu.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

wow, they're so similar! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

That poster has been knocking around for months, saw it on some Youtube video back in the summer (ComicCon probably?)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Wow, orange and blue contrasting on the poster! That has never, ever, been done before.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Here's a cool article from IGN giving som,e plot details and info on the upcoming trailer: http://ie.movies.ign.com/articles/113/1138953p1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

From reading that article hopes can be raised that number 3 will make up for the mess of ROTF.Which despite it's flaws is still a bit of a guilty pleasure.

• Advertisement

I was getting optimustic reading that stuff, but then once again I remembered this.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I was getting optimustic reading that stuff, but then once again I remembered this.

Feck, I had forgotten that you posted the heads on here ages ago. Isn't that one meant to be Wheeljack or possibly Perceptor? Depending on which Autobot they want to dump the mad scientist stereotype upon.

I think you had the Shockwave one up as well, which did not look too bad at all.

Another standout bit was when Optimus Prime went Oldboy on a few Decepticons. And that's all we're gonna say about that!

FAPFAPFAPFAPFAP!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

edit trailer up, gogo go!!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/paramount/transformersdarkofthemoon/

Is that...
    Alpha Trion
    ???

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Oh gods I am bloody glad not going to that.

It looks like robot Genghis Khan!

ignoring yet another stupidly idiotic retcon to the movie's timeline (seriously, we now somehow missed the fallen, a legacy of primes hiding on earth and a superweapon in a pyramid and now this in the first film?)

Throw on top that the decepticons in the teaser for the first film were able to stumble onto the mars rover...yet they missed this big crashed ship on the moon (even worse if we go by fallen timeline and primes and decapticons have been snooping around earth for centuries)

It has nothing that sticks out as exciting...oooh another big bad robot who looks even less menacing then the fallen which was less menacing then megatron and we are meant to be afraid of it now?

And the 60's apollo bit does little for me to make it seem more interesting...just causes more problems in my mind.

also it looks like the wreck from the planet of the apes remake.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,383 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I must admit I'm also in the "wait, why haven't we heard about this before?" camp :pac:

Just a teaser, so hard to tell anything about it tbh! I'm still waiting for a plethora of good reviews (mutternotbloodylikelymutter) before even considering going to it!

They should really stop having Michael Bay as a selling point in trailers though!

Is that...
    Alpha Trion
    ???

Looks very like him alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

ignoring yet another stupidly idiotic retcon to the movie's timeline (seriously, we now somehow missed the fallen, a legacy of primes hiding on earth and a superweapon in a pyramid and now this in the first film?)

Throw on top that the decepticons in the teaser for the first film were able to stumble onto the mars rover...yet they missed this big crashed ship on the moon (even worse if we go by fallen timeline and primes and decapticons have been snooping around earth for centuries)

It has nothing that sticks out as exciting...oooh another big bad robot who looks even less menacing then the fallen which was less menacing then megatron and we are meant to be afraid of it now?

And the 60's apollo bit does little for me to make it seem more interesting...just causes more problems in my mind.

It's ok to make something up as you go along....so long as you don't try to re-write history along the way.

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

+1. If you are going to constantly rewrite the history of the first film then you should have really mapped the trilogy out from day one so as not to leave yourself with 2 sequels with plenty of plotholes.... but then I suppose you probably need a plot for that to happen.

The trailer is meh. Seen it all before.
    Bay reminded us that the special effects and 3D in the trailer still wasn't 100%, but they were certainly passable enough for casual filmgoers.
    Way to insult your fan base there Michael.

sprinkles wrote: »
    Way to insult your fan base there Michael.

Um.. It was the reviewer who said the effects were passable for a casual audience, not Bay. Sheesh, is the hatred for Bay here so strong that people feel the need to criticise him for stuff someone else said?
    There are plenty of things to criticise Michael Bay for - some of them are even legitimate!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,229 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Surely thats Unicron in the moon is it? Looks a bit like him, although maybe a bit small. Not too bothered about the robots havin beards and that really, plenty in the show had too.

I'm still putting my money on Alpha Trion. Even the head gear is similar:
    alpha-trion-holding-the-matrix-of-leadership.jpg

Hopefully it is him as opposed to Unicron. The franchise really doesn't need another hidden uber-villain (Megatron in part 1, The Fallen in part 2).

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Surely thats Unicron in the moon is it? Looks a bit like him, although maybe a bit small. Not too bothered about the robots havin beards and that really, plenty in the show had too.

Would be major downsizing if it was meant to be Unicron though as he is generally portrayed as being planet sized, although in the Cybertron series he did get recreated as a bigger than average transformer but far smaller than his original planet eating size.

Still think it looks more like Alpha Trion as well though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

so i take it no one sees a connetion here then ?

after all
    weve got what looks like a downed autobot ship on the moon.

with possiblely alpha trion/vector prime on it. both of which were considered one of the original 13 transformers.

not galactically speaking miles away from a decpticon one downed on titan (or one of the damn saturnian moons) which up to recently housed the still living fallen - ANOTHER one of the original 13 transformers.

can you say "Space battle " ?

:)

we havent seen it yet so weve no idea if itll contradict whats gone before yet.

in fact now weve got a potential reason as to WHY the hell they were wandering around mars and co. i.e recon.

now this could still be a continuity cluster****, but the writer was on the last one so he should at least KNOW what went before.

so i take it no one sees a connetion here then ?

after all
    weve got what looks like a downed autobot ship on the moon.

with possiblely alpha trion/vector prime on it. both of which were considered one of the original 13 transformers.

not galactically speaking miles away from a decpticon one downed on titan (or one of the damn saturnian moons) which up to recently housed the still living fallen - ANOTHER one of the original 13 transformers.

can you say "Space battle " ?

:)

we havent seen it yet so weve no idea if itll contradict whats gone before yet.

in fact now weve got a potential reason as to WHY the hell they were wandering around mars and co. i.e recon.

now this could still be a continuity cluster****, but the writer was on the last one so he should at least KNOW what went before.

Actually that is a good potential explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I'm not even sure he knew what the fùck was going on when he was writing the last one :pac:

If the stupid humour can be toned down, less Linkin Park and more Steve Jablonsky, less blatant product placement and if Bay can.......hold.....the fùckin'..........camera............still............during the fight scenes then we might be onto an entertaining film that won't insult our intelligence.

Heh, who the fùck am I kidding? :D

Um.. It was the reviewer who said the effects were passable for a casual audience, not Bay. Sheesh, is the hatred for Bay here so strong that people feel the need to criticise him for stuff someone else said?
    There are plenty of things to criticise Michael Bay for - some of them are even legitimate!

Ok, don't get your knickers in a twist... I read it differently and while on second look I'd be inclined to agree with you, it could still be interpreted either way.

For the record I don't hate Bay.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,229 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'm still putting my money on Alpha Trion. Even the head gear is similar:
    alpha-trion-holding-the-matrix-of-leadership.jpg

Hopefully it is him as opposed to Unicron. The franchise really doesn't need another hidden uber-villain (Megatron in part 1, The Fallen in part 2).

Ah yea, lookin at that it's got to be him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

but the writer was on the last one so he should at least KNOW what went before.

You do remember that in the last film, you had a number of decepticons go down into the ocean to get Megatron, but, about 4 minutes later, a different number come back up?

• Advertisement

You do remember that in the last film, you had a number of decepticons go down into the ocean to get Megatron, but, about 4 minutes later, a different number come back up?

They killed one of the their own decepticons in order to resurrect Megatron.

Advertisement