Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon [** SPOILERS FROM POST 823 ONWARD **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

sprinkles wrote: »
    Ok, don't get your knickers in a twist... I read it differently and while on second look I'd be inclined to agree with you, it could still be interpreted either way.

For the record I don't hate Bay.

Look at the forums I mod, my knickers are in constant state of twist! :pac:
    You do remember that in the last film, you had a number of decepticons go down into the ocean to get Megatron, but, about 4 minutes later, a different number come back up?
    They killed one of the their own decepticons in order to resurrect Megatron.

IIRC Wasn't the problem that 5 went down to resurrect Megatron, they sacrificed one of their own, brought Megatron back to life, then when they went to resurface the navy were saying, "ZOMG there's now 6 of them!", missing that 5-1+1 =/= 6?

Did anyone else half expect to see a Space Jockey in the ship somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Galvasean wrote: »
    IIRC Wasn't the problem that 5 went down to resurrect Megatron, they sacrificed one of their own, brought Megatron back to life, then when they went to resurface the navy were saying, "ZOMG there's now 6 of them!", missing that 5-1+1 =/= 6?

Yeah, thats what I was talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

ITs only an EPIC teaser! :D

So what yas think people?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

please see here ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Yeah I seen this last night it's alright kind of a bit skeptical about that trailer but still mad to see it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

That's a cool trailer. The title makes more sense now! Hopefully it'll be an improvement on the second film...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,674 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

That trailer has really taken Apollo 11 conspiracy theories to an all new level. Fake moon landing? Pfft!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

This is apparently Megatron's new look :|

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2010/12/23/keep-trucking-megatrons-new-look-for-transformers-3/

___

Looking it up further it seems like old news, my bad :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Just saw the trailer. Good trailer. The movie I am sure will be an unmitigated disaster like the other 2.

I assume there will be a 30 minute lead in, with history and profile of the astronauts, then 20 minutes to show us where Sam is and why he is not with Megan fox anymore, and then 10 minutes to introduce 5 more Autobots, 5 minutes to introduce 5 more Decepticons,

Then a 10 minute overview of what life is like on Earth after the aftermath of Rise, then 10 minutes with the army guys(who after 2 movies I still dont know any of their names, only that one is black, one is latino, and one has a baby who suffers from flatulence)and then suddenly a crisis of some sort! Cue 10 minutes of orders being shouted in to phones and then Jon Voight will ominously say "Mr President..." into the phone. Then 10 minutes of robots doing jujitsu so quickly you cant see where one robot starts and another finishes.

Then Sam will suddenly figure something out and him and new hottie girlfriend will be hacking into the pentagon and driving fast in a 2011 Camaro for 20 minutes, after which the Deceptcons evil plan will be exposed and the Autobots race to where ever the final battle will take place, cue another 20 minutes of stop-animation on fast-forward robot fighting, and finally 20 minutes of laying the fallen to rest, and revising what we have learnt and what we will learn in the future...

Let me do a count... Yep looks like it will be another 2hour 40 minute epic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Sounds awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Can't wait!

syklops wrote: »
    I assume there will be a 30 minute lead in, with history and profile of the astronauts, then 20 minutes to show us where Sam is and why he is not with Megan fox anymore, and then 10 minutes to introduce 5 more Autobots, 5 minutes to introduce 5 more Decepticons,

Then a 10 minute overview of what life is like on Earth after the aftermath of Rise, then 10 minutes with the army guys(who after 2 movies I still dont know any of their names, only that one is black, one is latino, and one has a baby who suffers from flatulence)and then suddenly a crisis of some sort! Cue 10 minutes of orders being shouted in to phones and then Jon Voight will ominously say "Mr President..." into the phone. Then 10 minutes of robots doing jujitsu so quickly you cant see where one robot starts and another finishes.

Then Sam will suddenly figure something out and him and new hottie girlfriend will be hacking into the pentagon and driving fast in a 2011 Camaro for 20 minutes, after which the Deceptcons evil plan will be exposed and the Autobots race to where ever the final battle will take place, cue another 20 minutes of stop-animation on fast-forward robot fighting, and finally 20 minutes of laying the fallen to rest, and revising what we have learnt and what we will learn in the future...

Let me do a count... Yep looks like it will be another 2hour 40 minute epic.

Might put money on that actually.

Here's the SuperBowl ad:

Looks nice and actiony. However, I'm refusing to get too excited since the revenge of the fallen trailers made it look awesome too.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

That looks frigging spectacular, lets hope it decent, please Bay have learny your lessons, shorter, tighter plot, more action, less racist stereotype robots.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

this apparently is what passes for a "small" transformers film in bays eyes.

:)

kidding aside it DOES look good , and with the bar set so low thanks to revenge of the fallen i cant help thinking it'll be a better film.

i do have ONE demand though.

now we have a giant flying cybertronian bird/dragon i wants me some dinobots dammit !!!

:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I really like that trailer, i love the music\noise, and optimus rolling down the street cutting up robots with his sword.. BUT.. its about 30seconds long and the film will prob be 2:30.. thats gonna be a lot of minutes to fill up with stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,865 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Was convinced there was a fire alarm going off in my head watching that trailer..

.. check out the uber plastic pout on yer wan 26 seconds in.

Looks decent.. but I'll reserve judgment til the final product as ROTF was trash!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,674 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Basq wrote: »
    .. check out the uber plastic pout on yer wan 26 seconds in.
    I was just about to say this. How did Whiteley get this role again? Ugh, bring Fox back, all is forgiven.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

so is this going for the transformers armada/energon version of unicron with his army of terrorcons, which to be fair is something that can work into film well enough, but they might push it to far and throw in that Unicron will be like the film version of galactis (no physical entity)?

That aside I really feel my early worry that they are going to retcon again and just put another bloody lair of lore on the universe is going to happen. Cue some lost transformer showing up and telling of before even the first primes there was the first unicron etc etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I guess I'm the only one who wasn't impressed by the trailer. :(

The action in it looks as confusing as the previous movies (altho I made out Prime by his colour) and if Unicron makes an appearance, cue another chunk of pointless and retarded back story or no relevance that may appeal to someone somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

If Shia Le Bouf's character dies in the first 30 seconds then it could be a great movie.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,273 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

If I wasn't told at the end that was Transformers 3, I would have just presumed it was a series of clips from the previous two.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

faceman wrote: »
    I guess I'm the only one who wasn't impressed by the trailer. :(

The action in it looks as confusing as the previous movies (altho I made out Prime by his colour) and if Unicron makes an appearance, cue another chunk of pointless and retarded back story or no relevance that may appeal to someone somewhere.

I thought it looked a mess too, particularly that car crash bit at about 14 seconds in, that looks like a slow-mo of cutlery in a washing machine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Looks hugely impressive!....finally BIG battles with city sized destruction!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

The Bay-onised OrangeHue™ from the other 2 films is certainly lacking here (Though could make a return in the full trailer)

Another big battle showdown in a city?................that's just the 1st film's climax turned to 11. Have to say, from those shots he's pulled back the camera and given a better view of the robots. That shot at the end is the supposed "Oldboy" sequence that was referenced a few months back.

Meh, regardless what I think I'll still go see this. It really couldn't be worse than ROTF.............could it?

Oh, and the new girl?
    fish_1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

That woman is fine! Be quiet all of you. :p Liked the music in the trailer, Bay sure does know how to put together a good score, even if what is on screen can be lacking. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭LeoGilly

Was that a dinosaur in one of the shots? DinobotDreamwave1.jpg They were always my favourite Transformers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    That woman is fine! Be quiet all of you. :p Liked the music in the trailer, Bay sure does know how to put together a good score, even if what is on screen can be lacking. :pac:

She's very hot, just a bit overdone on the lippy...Bay likes his girls to look like trollops, not a stretch in Fox' case...... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I did like the shot of someone jumping out of a plane or helicopter with a Transformer falling in the background.

Advertisement