Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon [** SPOILERS FROM POST 823 ONWARD **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

any chance of getting a poll of who plans on seeing this,

seen 1 learned my lesson (no more)
    seen 1+2 learned my lesson (no more)
    seen 1+2 didnt learn my lesson so will go see 3
    seen 1+2 loved em and im gonna see 3
    seen 1+2 and will wait for a tv copy to watch 3

it would be cool to repoll a month afters it release to see if theres any difference,

ill be voting on number 3, cause im retarded and will be made go anyway, and that trailer looked cool, :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

tbh it looks awesome. So did 2 though. But ill still go see it, because transformers has soooo much potential for being spectacular. And it aint something i want to miss in the cinema if Bay pulls it off.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Same as the above two posters.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,383 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

These people exist???!!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

number 2

I made my position clear a few pages back. ROTF is my personal wipping boy when I go into a rant about bad filmmaking. Mostly cause you can find an example of something being done wrong with every aspect of filmmaking in it.

Dont think much of the new trailer at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

These people exist???!!!! :eek:

Me. I'm a self-confessed one. TF2 was all kinds of awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

don ramo wrote: »
    any chance of getting a poll of who plans on seeing this,

seen 1 learned my lesson (no more)
    seen 1+2 learned my lesson (no more)
    seen 1+2 didnt learn my lesson so will go see 3
    seen 1+2 and will wait for a tv copy to watch 3

it would be cool to repoll a month afters it release to see if theres any difference,

Where's the option for "I really liked the 1st one, was really let down by the 2nd but will check this out because I have a Cineworld Unlimited Card"?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I liked TF1 personally. There were things that could have been improved on of course but all in all it was decent.

ROTF was just one massive clusterfcuk. I'd like to the Writers Strike, as Bay as pointed out played it's part on the development of the movie overall but even still it was really poor except the odd good moment(Devastor transformation, Starscream and Megatron interaction, Soundwave and the forest battle).

But anyway, neither are a patch on the animated movie which is still my favourite by a long way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

the first one is alright, has some spectacular cgi in it, couple of funny moments and the action is good, the second has all of this but then piles a nonsensical plot and Unicron sized plot holes (see what I did there :pac: ) on top of it, and its also about an hour too long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭alexa5x5

Loved the first one, was let down by the second, but will still go see the third. Mainly because Shia Labouf...got a major crush for him :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

I adored the first. It was relatively 'grounded' despite being mad. Second is decent (I know, I'm a complete bastárd) but I liked the military scenes - I'm a little nutty like that, outside of that likeable section there's too much wrong with it.

Haven't read a whole lot about this new one but the idea of Space is a turnoff. Will probably wait until it's €3.99 in GameStop. :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,674 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I only watched the second one recently. Mainly out of curiosity to see if it was as bad as everyone said. It was. In fact, I was shocked by just how sloppy the filmmaking was. I always considered Bay to be at least reasonably competent technically, but like BlitzKrieg said, the film is extremely amateurish.

If the third one is decent I'll watch it on DVD/Blu-ray, but no way am I paying to see it in the cinema.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Loved the first, and was disappointed by the 2nd, but the giant robots made up for it slightly. Will definitely go see the third, just like every single person in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

I fell asleep in the second I was so bored but I actually enjoyed the first for all it's silliness. Not sure if I could be bothered with the third even though I can go to see it for free. If it gets decent enough reviews I'll probably watch it but I won't be going out of my way to see it.

I'd say running time will be a big issue here. ROTF was way too long. If they stick with a similar running time I'd say most of the 'maybe' viewers will quickly turn to 'nos'. 1 hour 40mins? That'd be ideal IMO.

The guy in the trailer has been confirmed as
    Sentinel Prime
    Also, Megatron will be
    hiding out in the African jungle. He wears a veil over his face to hide his disfigured face. Weird, considering he can reformat his whole body no problem, but can't fix his face?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Robots can have a disfigured face?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Another new trailer:

Looking very dark in tone... BUT so did ROTF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,330 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

didnt read too far back, but these cars made an appearance during the opening pace lap of today's Daytona 500 - which, if you happened to watch it, was a pretty exciting race as far as NASCAR goes. Over a dozen yellow flags, tons of twisted metal and a complete n00b to the circuit took first place. In fact with the decals on the cars themselves you can guess Bay was hoping to film some nice wreckage for his film today, and he got plenty.

http://jalopnik.com/#!5765536/nascar-transformers-attack-daytona-500

FWIW I like the concept and this movie will be fun popcorn fare but im not expecting any depth or plot, just metal and carnage.

1298169952_wreck.jpg

1298169952_wreck2.jpg

1298169952_wreck7.jpg

As bad as the 2nd was, it was almost all worth it to get this one line:
    Jetfire wrote:
    My father, why, he was a wheel! The first wheel! And do you know what he transformed into? Nothing! But he did so with honor! Dignity, damn it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

ya have to give it to bay.

he does good trailers without giving everything away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

i see what you did there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

At least the trailer has reaffirmed my faith somewhat seeing as it isn't set in space wholly. It seems.

I see Huntington-Whitely has the same deer-in-the-headlights/dazed and confused look on her as Fox was a master of previously. All this while there's a warzone erupting around her.

I see Huntington-Whitely has the same deer-in-the-headlights/dazed and confused look on her as Fox was a master of previously. All this while there's a warzone erupting around her.

I dont think she's actually in the movie. they appear to be using an inanimate cardboard cut out of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

At least the trailer has reaffirmed my faith somewhat seeing as it isn't set in space wholly. It seems.

In fairness to her, much of the warzone is drawn in later.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,674 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

1297831147_Rosie-Huntington-Whiteley-and-Michael-Bay-Transformers-Dark-of-the-Moon-3-600x469.jpg

Bay and Huntington-Whitely at a toy fair together recently. My first thought was, "oh so that's how she got the job".

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Who cares about Bay and Lip Lady!
    Full Convoy Prime is behind them!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

I watched the 1986 cartoon movie again today. It only managed to decrease my interest in yet another Bay movie yet further.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Bay needs some love, least he has a sense of humour about himself:

Advertisement