Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon [** SPOILERS FROM POST 823 ONWARD **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

gotta say i dont think much of the bag of hangers.

wasnt mad about fox either but at least she looked attractive in a slutty kind of way.

whitely just looks kinda alien.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,330 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Well this is madness, ludicrous expense, and dedication:

http://gizmodo.com/#!5771262/this-5+ton-megatron-tank-was-hand-built-by-a-man/gallery/1

The Megatron Tank Mode was hand-made by an adoring fan in China.

These people live off of 5c a day and kill themselves for making iPods*, where do they find the resources and the time damnit?

xlarge_megatronmonster.jpg
    xlarge_megatronmonster2.jpg
    xlarge_megatronmonster4.jpg

(*May be factualy misleading)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

^ that's badass MF! right there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Initial critics' rsponses say brilliant SFX and 3D, but bad acting. As you were so.
    http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-just-movie-31/russian-international-film-market-has-revealed-a-trailer-from-transformers-dark-of-the-moon-171616/
    The CGI looks even better than the two first films [put] together. There are some really innovative visual decisions and the 3D has an amazing quality. There was one kinda big spot with Sam and his new blond girlfriend that helps him get a job. Since everyone cares about her being in this film, from this spot I can tell that she [demands] much of the attention. It feels so [forced] when the camera catches her to show everyone her sexiness when it’s not really needed. Well, yes, she looks sexy, and from that spot she didn’t [show] any emotion on her face, [either].

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Galvasean wrote: »

LOL!...looks like Duggy was right!

fish_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The Chinese transformers guys are at it again,some cool stuff they've built.

03.jpg

More available here-
    http://2leep.com/bar.php?url=http://2leep.com/news/155553/0/more/

Quality stuff there. Loved their Jetfire.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Is that you, Hasbro?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

You sir are clearly a mockingster because the trasformers films are, and always have been a pile of ****

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

dr gonzo wrote: »
    You sir are clearly a mokcingster because the trasformers films are, and always have been a pile of ****

says you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

You sir are clearly a mockingster because the second trasformers film was a pile of ****

With Senor Spielbergo back in, hopefully this will be as good as the first one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Wheaven

First transformers movie was good, second not as memorable, hope three hits the spot, some good trailers and behind the scenes over on YouTube, should make for more action being in 3D, but will have to wait and see

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I dont think I'll go to it in 3D, a Michael Bay edited movie in 3D? my friggin head will explode.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,674 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Threads merged.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,273 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Jeez, that mockingster either a blatant shill, or it's some kind of SEO boosting tactic.

Against the far more interesting popcorn movies coming out this year, the new Baygasm movie pulls no interest for me.

godtabh wrote: »
    says you
    Well dr Gonzo that is a matter of opinion. I would say that the first two movies or atleast Transformers 2 was not great and they were not **** (then again it is a matter of opinion) but I somehow expect the 3rd and final to be good. C'mon man

Yep i know its my opinion, i didnt think it was necessary to state that my feelings on films dont qualify as fact. Honestly though no insult intended to anyone but Michael "gratuitous explosions" Bay... nearly, but not quite, as bad as John "Slo-Mo Doves" Woo.

Michael "gratuitous explosions" Bay... nearly, but not quite, as bad as John "Slo-Mo Doves" Woo.

What the hell are you shyting about?!?!?!?!?!
    Watch The Killer, Bullet In The Head and Hard Boiled and then TRY and say WOO isn't a brilliant director!

Watch The Killer, Bullet In The Head and Hard Boiled and then TRY and say WOO isn't a brilliant director!

and Face/Off, one of, if not the best action movie of the 90's. granted Mission:Impossible 2 was **** but Woo has made some action classics, the opening tea house shootout of Hard Boiled is more exciting than most full action movies these days.

What im "shyting" about is Hard Target, Broken Arrow, Mission Impossible 2, Windtalkers, Paycheck and, to politely disagree with Krudler, Face/Off.

Hard Boiled doesnt change the fact that John Woo's filmography is essentially a list of films that ranges from mediocre to downright terrible so i think im happy enough to stick with my original feelings on the matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

well the fact he made brilliant movies before he came to america does mean that he has brilliance in him, hes just been utterly ****e since then. a better tomorrow and hard boiled are definitely classics anyway

face/off is crap and i dont get the love in for it but i guess it was better than broken arrow and mi:2 (although these are not exactly yardsticks against which to measure the quality of movies)

personally i find the slow motion pigeons thing hilarious

edit: also, red cliff >>>

indough wrote: »
    well the fact he made brilliant movies before he came to america does mean that he has brilliance in him, hes just been utterly ****e since then. a better tomorrow and hard boiled are definitely classics anyway

face/off is crap and i dont get the love in for it but i guess it was better than broken arrow and mi:2 (although these are not exactly yardsticks against which to measure the quality of movies)

personally i find the slow motion pigeons thing hilarious

edit: also, red cliff >>>

GTFO, best action movie of the 90's along with Speed, The Rock and Die Hard With A Vengeance.

Christ the 90's rocked when it came to action movies, what did the 00's have? Fast and the Furious, Underworld, Ultraviolet, Stealth, SWAT etc etc pants decade for action films. I did like The Transporter though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

krudler wrote: »
    GTFO, best action movie of the 90's along with Speed, The Rock and Die Hard With A Vengeance.

Christ the 90's rocked when it came to action movies, what did the 00's have? Fast and the Furious, Underworld, Ultraviolet, Stealth, SWAT etc etc pants decade for action films. I did like The Transporter though.

cine-throat-puncher-taken.jpg

Seriously tho, the 00's had tons of good/great action films.

Bourne series, taken, collateral, the matrix 2/3, pitch black, kill bill, swordfish, xXx etc

Then all the comicbook films (Would the be classed as action ?)

Face off is great tho, one of my favorites.

Magill wrote: »
    cine-throat-puncher-taken.jpg

Seriously tho, the 00's had tons of good/great action films.

Bourne series, taken, collateral, the matrix 2/3, pitch black, kill bill, swordfish, xXx etc

Then all the comicbook films (Would the be classed as action ?)

Face off is great tho, one of my favorites.

Ehh, they're more thrillers/sci fi action, I mean just straight up balls to the wall, Die Hard type stuff. Bourne series is great though, I must rewatch them soon. xXx is awful though lol . thinking about it there was some good action movies in the 00's but the late 80s/90's still reigns supreme for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

krudler wrote: »

sorry and all that but face/off is muck. everyone is allowed a couple of guilty pleasures though so you get a pass this time. just dont let it happen again

indough wrote: »
    sorry and all that but face/off is muck. everyone is allowed a couple of guilty pleasures though so you get a pass this time. just dont let it happen again

guilty pleasures are actual crap movies that you enjoy, like Rocky IV :D Face/Off is just action awesomeness. was Woo's last good American movie.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Aaand there's the shill. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,273 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Excuse me. I was just expressing my opinion about a movie that is supposed to be one of the best movies for 2011 see OMGthebestURLevah
    LOL

Shill :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,674 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

A quick google search for "mockingster" and "transformers" reveals the same user saying very similar things on other forums. So, yeah, looks like a shill alright. Either that or a troll. It's enough for me. I've perma banned them from Films.

• Advertisement

You'd think a movie like this wouldn't need such blatant marketing, that it was pretty much self-promoting, but ho-hum ...

What's the release date and scheduling like on a movie like this? Seems like it's going to come out against a sheer glut of comic movies & I'd wonder if after #2 a lot of people might just not bother this time around. I know I will; bar a trailer of sheer stupendousness, I won't be attending.

Advertisement