Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon [** SPOILERS FROM POST 823 ONWARD **]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

pixelburp wrote: »
    You'd think a movie like this wouldn't need such blatant marketing, that it was pretty much self-promoting, but ho-hum ...

What's the release date and scheduling like on a movie like this? Seems like it's going to come out against a sheer glut of comic movies & I'd wonder if after #2 a lot of people might just not bother this time around. I know I will; bar a trailer of sheer stupendousness, I won't be attending.

Me neither.

You know something is wrong when a guy with a shockwave avatar and a guy with an Optimus one aren't bothered about a new TF film.

I reckon it'll do worse than ROTF, but not flop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Me neither.

You know something is wrong when a guy with a shockwave avatar and a guy with an Optimus one aren't bothered about a new TF film.

I reckon it'll do worse than ROTF, but not flop.

Ahh jesus, I only now copped the bow-tie and the fez

Loving it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Pretty long and decent article, tbf....Bay seems very passionate and honest with regard to this movie and past failings:

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/04/15/transformers-3-details-michael-bay/

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

^^ Nice article, but this is what stood out the most:
    Transformers-3-Lebouf_320.jpg

Nice legs :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I wonder how many time SLB will say 'NO!' throughtout this film.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

complete cop out on "the fallen" too.

the problem wasnt that he was a bullshyte character, it was bays bullshyte exectution of him.

if the film had've had megs coming back with partial knowledge of the sun harvester, going after sam to get the full details, the bots getting trashed by devestator in the desert before dev then knocks the top off the pyramid and getting trashed by a fallen he releases forcing the bots cons and humans to unite to defeat him you'd've taken MOST of what made him suck out.

mysterious edge pretaining to the TFs origin remains intact.

megs ISNT his bitch.

NO god damn star wars emperor/anakin rip off

devestator dies in a way that ISNT completly stupid which simultaenously puts the fallen into "badass" status.

that article does sound encouraging but TBH theres FAR too much **** going on from bay. the fact he can get burned SO badly with the twins and essentially replace them with another two robots who seem to fill the same "dorky humour role" says it all.

im sure this will be better film than ROTF , simply as its had more time to be writen properly, but ive no illusions that its anything more than bays vision of what TF is which i'd put as far from the concept as burons batman is from nolans.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Anyone with a sweet tooth have a look at this cake.

Cake-Boss-Transformer-Cake.jpg

I'm looking forward to this movie on the big screen,as bad as 2 was it still looked the part in the cinema.Hopefully Bay will deliver the goods on this one.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I really hope that anyone that's seen TF1 and/or TF2 knows what they're getting into seeing TF3. You can't expect anything more from the same director with the same frame of mind. All you can ask for is lots of loud transformers knocking the crap outta each other for most of a 2-hour film!

.......and that's awesome.

a.k.a. i demand there be no whinging "aw this was a bad film" posts because if you didn't like TF1 or 2 then you should know better! People that didn't like the previous iterations should either choose not to watch, or not complain!

/rant :)

Well i didn't really like 2, but really liked 1 so I'm gonna give 3 a chance (of course I would I'm a fanboy)

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I really hope that anyone that's seen TF1 and/or TF2 knows what they're getting into seeing TF3. You can't expect anything more from the same director with the same frame of mind. All you can ask for is lots of loud transformers knocking the crap outta each other for most of a 2-hour film!

a.k.a. i demand there be no whinging "aw this was a bad film" posts because if you didn't like TF1 or 2 then you should know better! People that didn't like the previous iterations should either choose not to watch, or not complain!

We're Irish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Yeah but that's a lose lose situation.

I won't know it's **** unless I pay to go see it, and if it is ****, I will be pissed off for wasting my money on it.

The whole thing reeks of the Matrix trilogy or Pirates of the Caribbean.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Yeah but that's a lose lose situation.

I won't know it's **** unless I pay to go see it, and if it is ****, I will be pissed off for wasting my money on it.

The whole thing reeks of the Matrix trilogy or Pirates of the Caribbean.

Have some consolation in the thought that when you're in the cinema watching it you could have ended up being dragged along to the latest Katherine Heigl,Jennifer Anniston or Sandra Bullock shitefest.
    No matter how bad Transformers could be nothing would be worse than sitting through the above.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

jaykhunter wrote: »

Most people are of the opinion that the first film was good fun, and the second was a pile of ****e. Can they gripe a bit if TF3 is rubbish, or do they have to apply to you in advance for permission?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Enjoyed the 1st film
    Was hyped for the 2nd but was ultimately bored watching Bay blow up $200 million.
    I'm on the fence for this one but I'll still see it anywho to finish the trilogy.

Transformers is in the category of Rambo (2,3,4), you're not going to get quality acting or intriguing depths of character development.............you just want to see shìt explode and be bloody entertained.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Transformers 2 could have been decent, all it really needed was some kind of mechanical device to hold the camera fairly still and at a reasonable distance from the action. I'm hopeful that since then there'll have been a huge leap in filmmaking technology, and in Michael Bay's undertsanding thereof.

Strapping the camera to the back of a tasmanian devil which had been raised exclusively on red bull wasn't his finest idea to be fair.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,273 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The first full trailer is just out; so far it's on Apple, but no doubt will crop up on YouTube and the usual suspects soon enough:

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/paramount/transformersdarkofthemoon/
    Things explode
    Interesting though that the new female lead doesn't have a single line in it. I guess she doesn't say much!

Not bad. Good to finally see Shocky in action.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

I'm shocked. That looks terrible. I mean, as bad as TF2 was, at least the trailer for it got me revved up to go see it. That trailer did nothing for me. The action looks tired and repetitive, Sam seems to play out the exact same arc he did in the first two movies, the new girl is mute, the plot looks... awful, yay
    more evil robots are buried within shooting distance of Earth and the government knew about it all along but didn't tell anyone... even the good robots that have saved the world twice already.
    . All it looks like is more of the same but, in it's 3rd incarnation, looks devoid of anything original and all that's left are 'splosions. God help anyone who goes to see that jumble of pixels in 3D.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Much like everyone else I'll probably go see it on merit to end the trilogy.

I enjoyed one, and pretty much thought ROTF was a bit meh but i wasnt expecting much more to be done for ROTF after what they acheived with one so i wasnt feeling to robbed.

I'll go with the same attitude towards 3 and just enjoy it for what its worth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭paulieeye

zerks wrote: »
    Hopefully Bay will deliver the goods on this one.

this is how I got done into seeing the 2...never again!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

have to say im disappointed in that trailer.

no where near the drama they had in the first two they released for this film and lebeouf now seems to be a parody of himself. im starting to think ILM could just do a robot of him that runs and shouts NO!/Optimus !

:)

ill still go see this as ironically it looks to be the alien invasion film battle LA was meant to be and its nice to see what looks like space bridges in action.

i fully expect it to be better than two as TBH if its just a coherent story itll achieve that but more and more im just wanting a reboot to get the fanchise closer to its source.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,229 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Well I think the trailer looks bloody impressive, on a technical level anyway. I reckon the second movie was probably the worst film I've seen in the cinema but I'll still go see this on the off chance that its not too bad. At least visuall it should be entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

It could be either of the first two movies, there is nothing at all to suggest that the series has progressed beyond Bay's wet dream for pro-US army imagery and blowing stuff up.

Also, could we have a vote for most stupid line of all time? If they are here to take over and wipe out humanity, who would be left to say "where were you when they took over?". This isn't the fookin' moon landing or the royal wedding.

Yeah, I was at home, making a sandwich...then the toaster killed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Christ Bumblebee better be able to talk in this one or so help me!!

Now that's a better poster:

Transformers-3-Dark-of-the-Moon-Poster_1304096952.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I quite literally roared "AWESOMEEEEEEEEE" after the part where Sam shouts out "Optimus"

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

tf3woman.jpg

I'm really not trying to slag her off, but what's wrong with her face? She's obviously had far too much work done already, how old is she! :eek: Her botox lips are ridiculous, as is her cheek bones; her whole facial bone structure is just not entirely human. She's like an alien.

I'm sure Megan Fox wasn't hired for her acting ability, I'm not big on her replacement... :(

The film does look pretty cool, but sure I know what Bay brings to the table and enjoyed what he does with TF.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,674 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

She's only 23 or 24. I'm not so sure she's actually had work done. I think that's just the kinda plasticky, pouty look they want in models now days. The problem is that she's obviously not an actress.

• Advertisement

The fact that we've had 3 trailers now and yet to hear her utter so much as a word of dialogue is ominous. Word from that preview screening was that her acting was attrocious.

Advertisement