Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon [** SPOILERS FROM POST 823 ONWARD **]

Options

Comments

After watching the trailer there and while it contains a large amount of awesomeness it also includes a scene which I imagine will be the last in the film. At the 2:03 mark
    Optimus basically telling Sam that the Autobots are leaving while behind him Simmons sits in a wheelchair.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

After watching the trailer there and while it contains a large amount of awesomeness it also includes a scene which I imagine will be the last in the film. At the 2:03 mark
    Optimus basically telling Sam that the Autobots are leaving while behind him Simmons sits in a wheelchair.

I'm not certain.
    The Autobots could be going to the moon to raise Sentinel Prime and co.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

She's only 23 or 24. I'm not so sure she's actually had work done. I think that's just the kinda plasticky, pouty look they want in models now days. The problem is that she's obviously not an actress.

Yeah, older pics of her she looks the same, i think she overdoes the lippy to puff up her lips, the fishy pout look is in, apparently.

Galvasean wrote: »
    The fact that we've had 3 trailers now and yet to hear her utter so much as a word of dialogue is ominous. Word from that preview screening was that her acting was attrocious.

Even worse the Sarah Roemer? :eek: - is that even possible????? :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Ugh, that trailer paints an awful picture. Its going to have more explosions and bigger scale buildings blowing up. And the rehash of the previous films.

Shockwave looks devoid of any personality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Looking forward to this I know the second wasn't as good as the first but I'm hopeful this one will turn it around.

faceman wrote: »

Shockwave looks devoid of any personality.
    That's the point

Saw the (teaser trailer) in the cinema in 3D for the first time today. If that is anything to go by we are in for a big treat (at least visually) when this comes out. It lookd sublime.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

So it looks like Bay is omitting the stuff that made ROTF an endurance.

So it looks like Bay is omitting the stuff that made ROTF an endurance.

I'm still a bit skeptical. I keep saying the ROTF trailers made it look amazing.
    Big fanboy that I am I will be first in line to see DOTM. I'll let ya'all knoww if it's rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I'll let ya'all knoww if it's rubbish.

Put it in spoilers for me please - I find anytime people tell me a movie's shíte I go in with lowered expectations and end up thinking it was good - similarly when people hype up movies I end up getting disappointed and thinking they were shíte :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

The fact that we've had 3 trailers now and yet to hear her utter so much as a word of dialogue is ominous. Word from that preview screening was that her acting was attrocious.

For some reason, much like Megan Fox, I don't think she was hired for her acting talents.

For some reason, much like Megan Fox, I don't think she was hired for her acting talents.

Apparently she's been named FHM's sexiest woman in the world. I'm pretty sure they take cheques for that accolade. It always seems to be someone who has a new movie / CD that needs promoting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

who the feck was she up against - skelator and the umpalumpas ?

who the feck was she up against - skelator and the umpalumpas ?

EVERY woman in the world apparently :/
    These things are meant to be a public (or at least reader) vote, which is odd considering I have never met a single person ever who said she was the hottest woman in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭TheoBoone

It's sad that these movies make so much money! I'm not knocking transformers themselves, but I just hate the fact that Michael (I AM COMPLETELY MENTALLY RETARDED! ! ! !) Bay can come along and punch out some effects riddled bulls*it and make a stadium load of money.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,273 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I always thought Megan Fox looked like how a blind man might assemble an "attractive" woman, if all he had to go on were oral descriptions. She looks freaky.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

pixelburp wrote: »
    I always thought Megan Fox looked like how a blind man might assemble an "attractive" woman, if all he had to go on were oral descriptions. She looks freaky.

I'm using that! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

EVERY woman in the world apparently :/
    These things are meant to be a public (or at least reader) vote, which is odd considering I have never met a single person ever who said she was the hottest woman in the world.

Transformers 3 is her first acting role so not many people even knew about her till recently not to mention every mention of her regarding the move boils down to people asking WTF is wrong with her face :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

ah now in fairness she was a victoria secrets model first so at least the pervs know who she is.

but yeah NOT my type at all an if she can get through the film without falling over ill be grand.

im not expecting anything from her at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Apparently she's been named FHM's sexiest woman in the world. I'm pretty sure they take cheques for that accolade. It always seems to be someone who has a new movie / CD that needs promoting.

For sure, as an aside Rachel Stevens is continuously on the list, she's done fawk all for donkeys now!

Have to say I'm looking forward to this, try to watch ROTF again the other night, what a balls up I still havent watched it all fully since I saw it in the cinema.

razorblunt wrote: »
    For sure, as an aside Rachel Stevens is continuously on the list, she's done fawk all for donkeys now!

She keeps tryng to relaunch herself... keeps failing :/

Seems aicn have seen an early preview and word is good, very good.
    “I’m genuinely surprised what a strong effort this film is, not just in terms of its scope, but also in its pacing, performances, and ideas. This one dares to go dark from time to time, and that helped me find the often-lacking component of many Bay films: emotion. You probably won’t shed any tears watching DARK OF THE MOON, but you will care when certain lives are lost or in peril. This one might actually rock you a little to your foundation; get excited about that.” … “TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON begins with a great concept and a cool backstory.” … “…in the final hour of this TRANSFORMERS chapter that I simply forgot to breathe; there isn’t a spare second to do so. For a solid hour, Bay and his CGI-created robot buddies decimate Chicago. And I won’t lie: seeing it so realistically and utterly leveled was almost more than I could handle.” … “Huntington-Whiteley is actually pretty good here and certainly miles better than Megan Fox, if only because she’s actually got something to do here beyond just looking like a million bucks.” … “I’ll thank whatever movie gods I have to that Sam’s annoying parents are barely in this TRANSFORMERS installment.”

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Aicn and just about every other respectable film news outlets said the same thing about ROTF. How the fight down in Egypt was breathless and amazing and all that.

Then when the film came out their reviews were scathing of the very same bits they apparentley loved in the previews.

I've no doubt this film will be better than ROTF. how much so we'll see on release. I really want to get a great bang for my buck!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,273 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Seems aicn have seen an early preview and word is good, very good.

Sorry but that quotation reads like a blatant attempt at a shill. Considering this very thread had one appear, trying to drum up enthusiasm for the film, I don't believe for a second that the AICN feedback is genuine. Hell, it reads like a breathless, marketing press release rather than an actual after-the-fact review someone might write.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Sorry but that quotation reads like a blatant attempt at a shill. Considering this very thread had one appear, trying to drum up enthusiasm for the film, I don't believe for a second that the AICN feedback is genuine. Hell, it reads like a breathless, marketing press release rather than an actual after-the-fact review someone might write.

I'm not so sure,the review comes from Capone and not Knowles. I take everything form AICN with a hefty truckload of salt, after all Knowles would give a glowing review to Meet the Spartans if the studio sent him an egg cup but Capone is some what more trust worthy.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,229 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'm not so sure,the review comes from Capone and not Knowles. I take everything form AICN with a hefty truckload of salt, after all Knowles would give a glowing review to Meet the Spartans if the studio sent him an egg cup but Capone is some what more trust worthy.

+1 would be inclined to take Capone's reviews seriuosly enough, knowles' reviews seem to hinge on whether he's friends with the people making the movies or not sometimes.....

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Mickeroo wrote: »
    +1 would be inclined to take Capone's reviews seriuosly enough, knowles' reviews seem to hinge on whether he's friends with the people making the movies or not sometimes.....

if Robert Rodriguez is involved you can see all the spelling mistakes in the review due to Harry typing with one hand writing it and fapping with the other. I dont get how Knowles gets any sort of creedence as a reviewer, he's no more a film reviewer than I am.

New clip, RHW looks stunning, actually...she's a bit better then i expected, acting wise:

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/05/18/transformers-clip-patrick-dempsey/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Simian!

Dr. McDreamy as Señor La Douchey
    :)

One of those classic cars has to be a transformer

Advertisement