Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon [** SPOILERS FROM POST 823 ONWARD **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

New clip, RHW looks stunning, actually...she's a bit better then i expected, acting wise:

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/05/18/transformers-clip-patrick-dempsey/

Hmm, in that brief clip she's shown more acting potential than Megan Fox did in two movies. Different facial expressions FTW!

:)

One of those classic cars has to be a transformer

I would be sad if they weren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

New clip, RHW looks stunning, actually...she's a bit better then i expected, acting wise:

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/05/18/transformers-clip-patrick-dempsey/

she looked very uncomfortable to me.

but hell i'm bias.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

razorblunt wrote: »
    Rachel Stevens is continuously on the list

To be fair, she is quite adept at being outrageously good looking.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Hmm, going by that clip, it confirms my long held suspicions that I have a very different idea of what constitutes an attractive woman than the producers of the Transformers films.

It wouldn't be so bad if Bay let us make up our own minds rather than just pointing the camera in the general direction of ass, based on his direction of Ms. Fox. With Tron: Legacy and Thor, there's been two high profile examples that good looks and acting ability are vital parts to a likable romantic interest.

(Shouldn't judge the newbie on that clip alone, mind, although I'm still very unsure, bordering on the extremely unlikely, that I'll end up going to see the full thing!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Attention, "Transformers" fans: We have been to the "Moon" and back -- with Hollywood titans Michael Bay and James Cameron there to guide us, no less.
    The finished scene was electrifying to watch and stirred the media audience to applause. Afterward, Cameron remarked that a reaction like that is the real reason why he is so passionate about 3-D.

http://www.nextmovie.com/blog/transformers-dark-of-the-moon-michael-bay-james-cameron/

Opr

*snigger*

I really think the writer dropped a very subtle hint that he's being paid not to say the film's crap...
    Fast forward to present day as Shia LaBeouf's Sam Witwicky and his Autobot friends battle the Decepticons for world safety -- a dangerous endeavor that, like all "Transformers" movies, entails high-paced action sequences, high-intensity car chases, all kinds of wreckage (vehicular, skyscraper, entire Chicago city blocks) and slow-motion shots of Megan Fox's pouty replacement Rosie Huntington-Whiteley -- all captured exceptionally in 3-D.

same **** as before except in 3d...

Or I am reading into this too much.

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    Or I am reading into this too much.

To be honest, I think you are going out of your way to find fault with every shred of info that comes about in relation to this movie.
    Much like I am clinging on to desperate hope with every same shred.

To be honest, I think you are going out of your way to find fault with every shred of info that comes about in relation to this movie.
    Much like I am clinging on to desperate hope with every same shred.

its probably true.

But I have more ground to stand on with the track record :D

What's the odds come July you'll be pleasantly surprised and I'll want Michael Bay dead?

• Advertisement

unlikely as I am still sticking to my position that transformers 2 was a step too far and wont go see this.

It'll take Kermode who hated it as much as I do admitting the film is an improvement to even tempt into the cinema...

unlikely as I am still sticking to my position that transformers 2 was a step too far and wont go see this.

It'll take Kermode who hated it as much as I do admitting the film is an improvement to even tempt into the cinema...

I think it's gonna take more than a mere improvement... :pac:

Yeah but kermode will never give micheal bay the satisfaction of him admitting he actually like it.

hence i am keeping the standard low. If he says its an improvement on 2 I'll take that as a sign that its on the same standard as 1 which I can handle if with friends.

If he says same **** but in 3D then i'll be giving it a miss.

Yeah , i wont be going to see this in 3D , right now its a novelty to see a movie in 2D .

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I think 3D will be the main reason to see this film. Tf2 has destroyed any hope I have of an interesting plot, engaging characters with good development, any emotional involvement, good acting or pretty much anything other than a good spectacle. And Tf2 didn't even really deliver that, but the 3D scenes mentioned in the nextmovie article sound like they'll deliver a pretty epic spectacle in 3D, and that's the reason I'll probably go see it.

That's all Avatar was to me, a visual feast, and I enjoyed the hell out of it, so I'm hoping Tf3 will at least live up to it on spectacle alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Loved the first two and am looking forward to seeing this in 3D (the first 3D film I'l have seen since Jaws 3D!).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Paramount Pictures and The Hollywood Reporter brought Michael Bay and James Cameron together last Wednesday. While on stage they shared their thoughts on the future of 3D technology and how it was used during the filming of Transformers: Dark of the Moon.

Has a short video with Cameron and Bay discussing the merits of 3D, as always I want to smack Bay when I hear him talking.

http://geektyrant.com/news/2011/5/20/michael-bay-and-james-cameron-discuss-3d-in-transformers-dar.html

New trailer that will be shown in 3D in cinemas.

Opr

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

^ looks bloody awesome though!...but, is eyecandy enough??

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭earlyapex

She is not in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

ironically enough i reckon the 3D in this will actually be worth seeing as he hasnt seemed to have gone the cheap conversion route that others have and has camerons involvement through his company.

i honestly cant name a director thats done any of the cash in jobs on 3D so there is a bit of a reputational thing associated with this.

lets be honest the whole franchise is less transformers and more micheal bay so hes got a fair bit riding on it if it turns out to be shyte visually and its nice and bright so the dimming effect of the glasses should be cancelled out for the most part.

i also noticed some old school 3D direction tricks in that trailer. one of the things thats done my head in over the whole revival is how redundant its been in most of them so to see something looking to actually come out of the screen is welcome.

• Advertisement

Oh Optimus, I wish i knew how to quit you...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

Why is Galvatron an autobot in 3rd movie?

Aka Galvatron previous was in season 3 of transformers cartoon of 1st series was leader of Decepticons and evolution of Megatron

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    Why is Galvatron an autobot in 3rd movie?

Aka Galvatron previous was in season 3 of transformers cartoon of 1st series was leader of Decepticons and evolution of Megatron

oops i bit confuse:confused: i read cast wrong, just got Leonard Nimoy voices Sentinel Prime previous was voice ofGalvatron previous was in season 3 of transformers cartoon of 1st series was leader of Decepticons and evolution of Megatron

im bad

why is there more Autobots then Decepticons

while in cartoons there was Autobots and Decepticons they were same on each side

Wheelie, a former Decepticon returns from his debut in Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.

also previous Wheelie was an autobot in 3rd season of Transformers series 1

why is Mudflap is an Autobot this time

transformers the cartoon
    Mudflap previous is described as a vicious Decepticon who likes to use his saw on Autobots,

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    Wheelie, a former Decepticon returns from his debut in Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.
    [/I]

cue the global facepalm.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Galvasean wrote: »
    I'm still a bit skeptical. I keep saying the ROTF trailers made it look amazing.
    Big fanboy that I am I will be first in line to see DOTM. I'll let ya'all knoww if it's rubbish.

Well unfortunately, a film like this that relies so heavily on action and visuals, won't be revealing much about the plot in the teasers.

cue the global facepalm.

I also mention that previous Wheelie was an autobot in 3rd season of Transformers series 1

when you [/QUOTE] on me

• Advertisement

Silverbolt is character in 3rd movie

how come they dont include rest of the
    Aerialbots from cartoon series 1

which are Skydive, Fireflight, Slingshot and Air Raid

Silverbolt is The leader of the Aerialbots

Advertisement