Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon [** SPOILERS FROM POST 823 ONWARD **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    why is there more Autobots then Decepticons
    why is Mudflap is an Autobot this time

how come they dont include rest of the
    Aerialbots from cartoon series 1

Michael Bay doesn't post on boards afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I also mention that previous Wheelie was an autobot in 3rd season of Transformers series 1

when you
    on me[/QUOTE]

meh you wouldnt get a global facepalm for that.

But as a character in the 2nd film, wheelie was an annoying git who helped druggie mum, the twins, screaming blogger, devestators balls, whitefronts and the robot slut drag the tone of the film down through the mud into the sewer and through the anus of those blind fish with the sparkly bulb on a string over their head that live at the very bottom of the ocean...

so bringing that version back does indeed warrent a facepalm from the entire world and many many future generations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

Im hardcore transformers fan of cartoon series, I not fan of the moves by michael bay

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

To answer your questions wampyrus77, the reason why the movies are different to the cartoon is that they want to make something different!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    But as a character in the 2nd film, wheelie was an annoying git who helped ..... drag the tone of the film down through the mud into the sewer and through the anus of those blind fish with the sparkly bulb on a string over their head that live at the very bottom of the ocean...

so bringing that version back does indeed warrent a facepalm from the entire world and many many future generations.

Why?

Is the Wheelie from ROTF any more annoying/childish than the Wheelie from TF:TM?

I wonder sometimes if people want a Transformers movie at all or whether they might prefer The Dark Knight with robots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Why?

Is the Wheelie from ROTF any more annoying/childish than the Wheelie from TF:TM?

I wonder sometimes if people want a Transformers movie at all or whether they might prefer The Dark Knight with robots.

That would be cool though.

It would be awesome. That isn't the nature of this franchise though.

I loved TDK, but its set a standard now which all comic-book blockbusters are (wrongly IMO) judged by. A dark tone suits Batman. A goofy, childish tone better suits a franchise built on childrens toys and whose original film had a three minute long musical number by Weird Al Yankovic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

the standard set by nolan as nothing to do with a dark tone.

its the world building he engaged in while being respectful to the source material. the bloke literally pilfered from several different story arcs and graphic novels to build his batman's world.

marvel have just done the same with thor.

i doubt ANYONE could say thats dark but theres the exact same process that went into batman going on there to construct a universe where he works (i mean who the hell thought we'd see the casket of eternal winters in that one ? ).

my problem with bay is if you took optimus prime out of these films theres virtually nothing to say its transformers. dub a few names and its gobots or a completly new entity.

to further the batman analogy if bay was behind it half the film would 360 shots of his main female lead bending over and flashing her tits with batman turning up after a load of fart and ball jokes tp get into a car chase in the batmobile and you wouldnt recognise the joker who turns up at the end with virtually no dialogue to be beaten by a cop.

now that probably WOULD still make several hundred million at the box office but its not what batman fans should expect now. most of whoms audience would also know batman from a cartoon and toy first and comic second. hell theres probably more people remember the 60s show than think of the comic.

dont get me wrong i enjoy bays transformers films for the spectacle they provide but ive no illusions that what were looking at is the tim burton/joel schumacher period of TF films.

on the animated TF film

yes the orignal animated one had dumb elements but ya have to ask considering HOW different that was from the TV series , where they never had singing and dancing routines, just how much of that was studio interference in getting an animated film made for theatrical release in the first place ? all the studio heads knew of them was disney films - featuring singing and dancing - and it was unheard of back then to have movie stars do the voices.

i reckon the studios demanded that nonsense. particularly when the show picked up again for the third series there was none of that kept.

to me that flim was leagues ahead of its time fitting neatly between twee disney pap and manga ultra violence, and the suits just didnt get it.

I loved the animated movie and watch it regularly. That's not really my point.

i reckon the studios demanded that nonsense. particularly when the show picked up again for the third series there was none of that kept.

Carnage in a C Minor?

• Advertisement

isnt that the one routinely considered to be the worst animated episode of any cartoon ever ?

:)

and hey the TFs werent singing , gobshyte aliens were.

isnt that the one routinely considered to be the worst animated episode of any cartoon ever ?

and hey the TFs werent singing , gobshyte aliens were.

And in defense of the animated movie, the robots weren't singing either. Just dancing. Pluss the dancing only lasted about 15 seconds tbh.

i should reiterate that i actually have quite high hopes for DOTM.

I think kruger is a closet fan and the films are improving from a design sense.

i look a shockwave and all i can think is "why couldnt you have got it that right with megs in the first one ?"

and hey stupid truck mode aside he's got a fusion cannon hanging off his right arm this time

throw in stuff like the ark , space bridges and that suspiciously "dweller" like worm, and its looking quite promising

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Why?

strangely yes.

He is.

Wheelie from the the animated movie is annoying, dont get me wrong, but he was never uncomfortably annoying. He talked in an annoying manner and filled in a basic subplot. Annoying but harmless.

Wheelie from ROTF humped megan fox's leg and spent 3/4 of the film being a drooling subdom slave to her in the most annoying of manners and filled in a confusing subplot (primes hiding on earth all this time which makes no sense in context of the first and possibly the third film)

weighing up the two, innocence makes wheelie in TFAM less annoying (and disturbing) then wheelie in RTOF. I'm almost thinking Bay if he is clever enough is making a commentary on the success and fanbase of the first film with this character perhaps.

but again reading too much into something as a deep a plank of wood.

yeh im Wheelie was annoying from the the animated movie is and animated cartoon series season 3&4, but wheelie was yougest of all the autobots and he was based teenage attitude and teenagers are always annoy anyway

but i prefer the animated Transformers movie 1986 compare Transformers movie 2007

yeh im Wheelie was annoying from the the animated movie is and animated cartoon series season 3&4, but wheelie was yougest of all the autobots and he was based teenage attitude and teenagers are always annoy anyway

Thank God I've never met a teenager that speaks exclusively in rhyme!

so eminem before he got big?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,015 ✭✭✭✭cena

Anyone know well the 3d be worth it for this flim

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

cena wrote: »
    Anyone know well the 3d be worth it for this flim

maybe, depends on how it was filmed, although a Michael Bay movie in 3D may cause heads to explode

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    maybe, depends on how it was filmed, although a Michael Bay movie in 3D may cause heads to explode

How so

cena wrote: »
    How so

its Michael Bay.

in 3D.

its Michael Bay.

in 3D.

So you mean it could be good in 3d

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

its Michael Bay.

in 3D.

Oh man, I can't wait for this. MichaelBaySPLOSION! If anything would be great in 3D, it's transformers knocking lumps out of each other :D

Dude's not a storyteller but he knows his action sequences :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Bay filmed in 3D ala Avatar rather than post production transferal, right?

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Oh man, I can't wait for this. MichaelBaySPLOSION! If anything would be great in 3D, it's transformers knocking lumps out of each other :D

Dude's not a storyteller but he knows his action sequences :p

oh I've no doubt it'll look spectacular, if he knows how to do one thing its deliver eye candy on a phenomenal scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

explosions(SSSSSSSSSS) in 3D?!!!!! i wasnt thinking to watch it in 3D until i read the posts above :D now i am kinda excited!

i hate Michael Bay but i really dont mind if he can blind my eyes by (3D) explosions!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Bay filmed in 3D ala Avatar rather than post production transferal, right?
    Yep, apparantly James Cameron turned up and some point and talked him into doing it right, they've even got the same team as Avatar working on it. I think there's a link to an article about it somewhere earlier in the thread.

ill be honest this will probably be the last film i see in 3D as im just sick of the inconvenience of it (i wear glasses normally so its a bitch gettin the 3d ones alighned with em)

mainly as camerons crew ARE involved in this one and while bay may be a moron he can blow shyte up llike no one else so it should LOOK good.

from now on unless im guarentted its amazing im opting for the 2d version.

• Advertisement

I'm also thinking this will will be my "Okay 3D, this is your last chance" movie. I mean I haven't been impressed by 3D since Avatar. The 3D trailer looks promising.

Advertisement