Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon [** SPOILERS FROM POST 823 ONWARD **]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

stevenmu wrote: »
    Yep, apparantly James Cameron turned up and some point and talked him into doing it right, they've even got the same team as Avatar working on it.

That's just fantastic news. I despise post-production 3D but this.....this is what proper 3D is made for. Fun - like Piranha 3D before it; it's a gimmick, and knows it.
    Galvasean wrote: »
    I'm also thinking this will will be my "Okay 3D, this is your last chance" movie. I mean I haven't been impressed by 3D since Avatar. The 3D trailer looks promising.

If AVATAR 3D didn't do anything for you then nothing will mate. I'm no proponent of 3D by any stretch but some films are made to be gimmicked; just mindless entertaining fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I'm sticking with the 2D version unless the reviews can convince me otherwise, really don't want to be wearing those glasses for 2 & a 1/2 hours.

Tranformers 1 & 2 had blurry enough action as it was, don't need 3D to be make it worse for me.

Though, I do imagine this will be one of 3D cinema's better offerings considering the money and technology gone into this production..............at least it would want to be or else this will be a pretty big nail in it's coffin.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

jaykhunter wrote: »
    That's just fantastic news. I despise post-production 3D but this.....this is what proper 3D is made for. Fun - like Piranha 3D before it; it's a gimmick, and knows it.

Pirahna was post production 3D as well afaik, I still think the best 3D movie I saw aside from Avatar was Jackass, it was brillianty used

krudler wrote: »
    Pirahna was post production 3D as well afaik

really? :eek: that's extremely impressive. I did wonder how such a low-budget film could get Cameron's cameras lol. I just thought they spent their entire budget getting one!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0464154/technical

Camera
    Arriflex 35-III, Cooke S4 Lenses
    Arriflex 435, Cooke S4 Lenses
    Panavision Panaflex Cameras, Panavision Primo, C-, E-Series and Angenieux Lenses

Laboratory - Technicolor, Los Angeles (CA), USA

Film length (metres) - 2,450 m (Portugal)

Film negative format (mm/video inches)
    35 mm (Kodak Vision3 250D 5207, Vision3 500T 5219)

Cinematographic process
    Digital Intermediate (2K) (master format)
    Panavision (anamorphic) (source format)
    Super 35 (source format) (underwater scenes)

Printed film format
    35 mm, D-Cinema (3-D version)

I dunno what all that means but it sounds like post-production alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

If AVATAR 3D didn't do anything for you then nothing will mate. I'm no proponent of 3D by any stretch but some films are made to be gimmicked; just mindless entertaining fun!

I said I haven't been impressed by 3D since Avatar. I thought the 3D in Avatar was superb, but nothing since has come close.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭BULLER

Megan is waaaaay overrated in every dept.

Yeah I agree, 4/10 on looks anyway! http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_UaLWp72nij4/TAgOm2vL6YI/AAAAAAAANno/-H5kR2PhpOY/s1600/megan-fox-feet-3.jpg

BULLER wrote: »

Unless you're Quentin Tarantino, if you're looking at the soles of her feet then you're doing it wrong!!!!

I said I haven't been impressed by 3D since Avatar. I thought the 3D in Avatar was superb, but nothing since has come close.

Ah. Em....UP had great 3D imo...can't think of anything else not mentioned that's decent in 3D though.
    Unless you're Quentin Tarantino, if you're looking at the soles of her feet then you're doing it wrong!!!!

I have a mate that is staunch in his believe that Fox is as pretty as 'Newman in a wig'. :rolleyes::p Just move on lol

Lots of action stuff in this trailer. Really don't like the new Linkin park song though..

Drive Angry 3D is about the only film since Avatar which did something fun and new with the tech. I believe that Transformers 3 will be a true spectacle in 3D, Bay was venomously against shooting in 3D and it took months of Cameron and others selling the tech to him before he decided shoot in 3D.

• Advertisement

What did Drive Angry 3D do well? I refuse to watch anything with Nick Cage in it these days ;)

What did Drive Angry 3D do well? I refuse to watch anything with Nick Cage in it these days ;)

There is a truly breath taking scene where a number of flash backs are layered atop one another, it's a genuinely brilliant use of 3D. Over all the 3D in Drive Angry was used very well, not a whole lot of stuff being thrown at the audience just a hell of a lot of depth to the image.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Good footage, pity about the horrific LP song (Was never a fan of them in the 1st place :pac:). Doesn't suit a movie that's about robots kicking the shìt out of each other, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭brownlad

Lots of action stuff in this trailer. Really don't like the new Linkin park song though..

what the fux happnd to megan fox?

brownlad wrote: »
    what the fux happnd to megan fox?

they melted her down and reassembled her into the new chick

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭brownlad

krudler wrote: »
    they melted her down and reassembled her into the new chick

i hope your kidding:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

brownlad wrote: »
    i hope your kidding:p
    He's not. It's provoked quite a bit of debate in the press about the ethics of the science behind it, and from the fanboys who think that the end product still looks a bit melted. They tried the same process on Harrison Ford, but something went wrong.
    han-solo-frozen-in-carbonite_3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I've stubbornly refused to watch anything in 3D since Jaws 3D many years ago. I'll be making an exception for this though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,273 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I dunno, Bay's Transformers' movies have been a heavy assault on the eyes up until now; the idea of the same epileptic carnage being in "proper" 3D makes me feel nauseous just thinking about it.

pixelburp wrote: »
    I dunno, Bay's Transformers' movies have been a heavy assault on the eyes up until now; the idea of the same epileptic carnage being in "proper" 3D makes me feel nauseous just thinking about it.

I was watching some of Revenge of the Fallen (dont ask) yesterday and theres plenty of scenes that have 3D written all over them, it could be spectacular, it could be vertigo inducing madness, lets wait and see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭cython

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Was just watching the amazing chase sequence in "The Rock" and realised that that scene alone surpasses every scene in the transformers movies. You can see all the standard Bay action techniques but he doesn't overuse them to the point of you wanting to strangle him.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,330 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

**** it, 3D maybe will die in a couple years. I've only seen Avatar. This has got to be better in 3D than... you know. Most stuff. Which musta sucked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭matchthis

Trying to book tickets for Liffey valley using a laser card with maestro,but not working. Does anyone know of a way to book using laser? The iPhone app has laser as an option, but doesn't let you pick your seats like online???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

As a 3D virgin, does anyone know the best cinema for 3D in the Dublin area? Or does it not really matter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

Beefy78 wrote: »
    As a 3D virgin, does anyone know the best cinema for 3D in the Dublin area? Or does it not really matter?

Don't think it really matters. The few films I've watched have been in Cineworld and they were terrible. I thought they were terrible due to the fact the 3D was terrible and not because of the screen they were shown on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Corkfeen wrote: »
    Was just watching the amazing chase sequence in "The Rock" and realised that that scene alone surpasses every scene in the transformers movies. You can see all the standard Bay action techniques but he doesn't overuse them to the point of you wanting to strangle him.
    5.00 onwards... the sweeping camera low down while the main character gets up/out of a car... sickeningly Bay

sprinkles wrote: »
    5.00 onwards... the sweeping camera low down while the main character gets up/out of a car... sickeningly Bay

Id replace that word with epic. I love that shot. Oh and helicopters flying past the sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Corkfeen wrote: »

you also have his standard depiction of black characters which got him into alot of sh*t in revenge but it's so minor here you miss it (equally in the full film you have his superficial treatment of female characters with there really only being 2. A family saint and a sex object.)

By the time you get to revenge these elements are sickingly excessive to the level that one is tempted to believe the story that Bay auditioned Megan Fox by having her wash his car (http://www.thesuperficial.com/michael_bay_has_secret_audtion-07-2009) and possibly that the only black people he's ever met are ones he is paying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,330 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Greatest not-movie-tie-in tie-in ever:

Advertisement