Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon [** SPOILERS FROM POST 823 ONWARD **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Galvasean wrote: »
    I don't know if they can use the whole 'Transformers were here before we thoughttehy were" angle again. They did it to explain Megatron's origin and the Fallen's origin. Doing it again is highly unoriginal.

Since when has being unoriginal been a problem for Bay? :D

I want the Dinobots, original five, and proper Gen 1 forms. I want Shockwave, and I want a story that starts a lead in to Unicron. :D

Hell I even want the predacons so Grimlock and the boys have someone to kick around. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭shellykbookey

Megan fox megan fox megan fox megan fox megan fox megan fox megan fox megan fox megan fox megan fox megan fox megan fox

Cant wait....

After all that badmouthing she did against Bay (who she can thank for her "career" btw) I'd say if she manages to get into this film one of the transformers is going to step on her within the first 5 mins and there wont be any bending over :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,393 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Patrick Dempsey is handing in his scalpel in for some heavier machinery.
    The Grey's Anatomy star, 44, told Brazilian reporters he has joined the cast of Transformers 3, according to website BOL Noticias. Dempsey said he will be playing a "dark" role in the film and is set to begin shooting this summer.
    Transformers 3, starring Shia LaBeouf and directed by Michael Bay, is set to hit theaters July 1, 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Patrick Dempsey is handing in his scalpel in for some heavier machinery.
    Dark role eh?

patrick_dempsey1_300_400.jpg= transformers08.jpg ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Anakin.S

For me less transformers would be better, the last one had too many and was a bit crap because of it.

Please no Dinobots (sorry Kess)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

God I hate that Hangover guy. Thought the last one would have been good had they cut out about 40 mins of needless explosions and running in the desert.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Anakin.S wrote: »
    For me less transformers would be better, the last one had too many and was a bit crap because of it.

Please no Dinobots (sorry Kess)

Dinobots would rock. Just as long as it was not the cartoon version. Gimme them as they were when Rachet had to find and use them to fight Megatron in the very early days of the comic back in the 80's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Anakin.S

Kess73 wrote: »
    Dinobots would rock. Just as long as it was not the cartoon version. Gimme them as they were when Rachet had to find and use them to fight Megatron in the very early days of the comic back in the 80's.

All I remember is the cartoon, I'll have to look out for the old comic online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    God I hate that Hangover guy. Thought the last one would have been good had they cut out about 40 mins of needless explosions and running in the desert.

I think that no matter how Bay might cut that film that it would still amount to a piece of crap!

Transformers 3 should kill off most of the autobots, shia, megan and the army dudes...and have it as a character piece with Optimus on the run...

C'mon... a character piece where the character you root for is a robot that turns into a truck?! How awesome would that be?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The only way I'll go to see another Transformers film is if they get another director in. I've been duped out of my money twice with Bay crap at this point (in fairness, the only reason I watched RotF was because it was the only thing in English :pac:). If they got a more talented (or even less bad) director in I'd give it another chance, as there will always be a place in cinema for giant robots beating the crap out of each other. No matter what they add to Transformers 3 though, I will (try) and refuse to watch it, as I genuinely feel Michael Bay does not deserve any support whatsoever. I don't fancy another slapstick comedy with obnoxious conservative politics.

Meanwhile, I shall just wait until Evangelion 3.0 for my giant robot fix. Evangelion 2.0 is how you make a film about giant robots. Michael Bay should totally take notes (except for the sexualisation - Transformers has enough of that already!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

I actually watched Transformers 2 the other night for the first time since seeing it in the cinema. There were so many scenes that were utterly pointless. I was watching it with 2 friends of mine that loved it and I pointed out 2 things to them which, thankfully, helped change their minds about it;

1. Bay uses cheap tricks to make shots look "cool". Everything (!!!) is shot with at least one of the following tricks; the sun behind the subject giving some great lens flair, slow motion or planning from either a high or a low vantage point. For instance look at how Shia gets out of Bumblebee. The camera is down low, shooting upwards, pans around slightly to get the sun over his shoulder. Hmmm now where did I see that before. Oh yeah, 2 minutes ago (and in Bad Boys, Bad Boys 2, Armageddon etc). And the slow motion Army walk out onto the airstrip.... familiar? Seriously Bay, you need to grow up!!

2. Far too many pointless, and I really mean pointless, scenes. One in particular was when Shia et al were crossing from Jordan into Egypt (despite already being in Egypt in the previous scene!?). Anyway, the scene at the checkpoint is the one I'm talking about. Took about 4 minutes and literally did nothing for the story. It wasn't even funny, which is what I think he was going for here.

All in all Bay should have left at least an hour on the cutting room floor. [/rant]

back to topic (sorry!)

Patrick Dempsey is a good choice for a dark role imo. He really needs to diversify his roles anyway and I think it will prove a very good choice for him - provided the script is good! I have to say the cast is shaping up pretty nicely. I just have absolutely no hope for the script or the director - it's a shame that Spielberg is connected with this and yet doesn't seem to be influencing it in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

sprinkles wrote: »
    I actually watched Transformers 2 the other night for the first time since seeing it in the cinema. There were so many scenes that were utterly pointless. I was watching it with 2 friends of mine that loved it and I pointed out 2 things to them which, thankfully, helped change their minds about it;

1. Bay uses cheap tricks to make shots look "cool". Everything (!!!) is shot with at least one of the following tricks; the sun behind the subject giving some great lens flair, slow motion or planning from either a high or a low vantage point. For instance look at how Shia gets out of Bumblebee. The camera is down low, shooting upwards, pans around slightly to get the sun over his shoulder. Hmmm now where did I see that before. Oh yeah, 2 minutes ago (and in Bad Boys, Bad Boys 2, Armageddon etc). And the slow motion Army walk out onto the airstrip.... familiar? Seriously Bay, you need to grow up!!

2. Far too many pointless, and I really mean pointless, scenes. One in particular was when Shia et al were crossing from Jordan into Egypt (despite already being in Egypt in the previous scene!?). Anyway, the scene at the checkpoint is the one I'm talking about. Took about 4 minutes and literally did nothing for the story. It wasn't even funny, which is what I think he was going for here.

All in all Bay should have left at least an hour on the cutting room floor. [/rant]

back to topic (sorry!)

Michael Bay is the reason why all Transformer movies past and future are dire to anyone who looks at them critically. He's all style and no substance.

I'm actually a big fan of the Bay esque 'money shots'. It's basically eye candy for a blockbuster which does more good than harm IMO.

This I agree with. There were also scenes that dragged out too long. For examople the bit where Sam's Mom buys the hash cookies. It would have been a funny little joke had it not turned into a big scene of her acting all crazy on campus making an ass of herself (and the film). Another example was the scene where the Decepticons are interrogating Sam. Did we really need to see him making googly faces while a robotic starfish crawled around inside his nose? I know a lotyof people laughed at this point, but it felt like forced humour to me.
    All in all Bay should have left at least an hour on the cutting room floor.

I stand by what I've always said on this, in that there was a great 'brain at the door' action blockbuster here if tehy had only cutabout 40 odd minutes of excess fluff from the film. If I had the time/energy I'd make that cut myself (but I dont, so nobody get their hopes up).

Shia Lebouff on the disappointment of Tf2 and what to expect from #3:
    Shia LaBeouf told The Associated Press that Transformers 3 "brings the heart back to the franchise." He starts working on the third installment on Tuesday.

The new script restores a human element that got lost in the second movie, LaBeouf said. "When I saw the second movie, I wasn't impressed with what we did," LaBeouf said at the Cannes Film Festival. "There were some really wild stunts in it, but the heart was gone."

Michael Bay returns for the third time as director of the science-fiction franchise, which centers on dueling races of giant robots that bring their war to Earth. The next movie will have what the last one lacked - a sense of human consequences, LaBeouf said.

On the second movie, "we got lost. We tried to get bigger. It's what happens to sequels. It's like, how do you top the first one? You've got to go bigger," LaBeouf said. "Mike went so big that it became too big, and I think you lost the anchor of the movie. ... You lost a bit of the relationships. Unless you have those relationships, then the movie doesn't matter. Then it's just a bunch of robots fighting each other."

With "Transformers 3," the toll of the robot war will be grave for our planet, LaBeouf said.

"There's going to be a lot of death, human death. This time, they're targeting humans," LaBeouf said. "It's going to be the craziest action movie ever made, or we failed."

Transformers 3 is coming to theaters on July 1, 2011.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

I hate you Shia LaBeouf.

Shia Lebouff on the disappointment of Tf2 and what to expect from #3:
    You lost a bit of the relationships. Unless you have those relationships, then the movie doesn't matter. Then it's just a bunch of robots fighting each other."

Problem is I just don't care about any of the characters anymore. What little sentiment I had for them in the first movie was completely wiped out in the second. Also can Bay do character based movies....?

At this stage I think Transformers should be "just a bunch of robots fighting each other", imo it's the botched, poorly written father-son, mother-son, boyfriend-girlfriend, best friends relationships that were over emphasised with cringe-worthy, emotionally void scenes shoe horned into a film which is essentially about blowing stuff up. Would anyone be sad if any of the Human characters actually died in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

I'd probably give a little cheer if the annoying mother was squished.

Would anyone be sad if any of the Human characters actually died in it?

Nope. There have been big hints of human killing for #3, but I'm not holding my breath.

Maybe the dad as an outside possibility, but I don't think Bay would sully his toy show too much by killing off Fox or Lebeouf. ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'd probably give a little cheer if the annoying mother was squished.

In fitting with the tone of the film, I think she should start a fight with a Decepticon after accidentally consuming a 'special' brownie. She is then blown up. This would be a fitting conclusion to her narrative arc.

• Advertisement

No Megan Fox this time around, which in my eyes is a good thing. Really don't rate her as an actress and her comments about the films and Bay being like Hitler were bound to get her in trouble.

From deadlineHollywood
    I've just learned that Paramount won't be picking up Megan Fox's option on Transformers 3 -- and that it was "ultimately" director Michael Bay's decision. (So he gets his revenge for her remark comparing him to "Hitler".) Right now Bay and writer Ehren Kruger et al are finishing up the script for the threequel and "giving Shia a new love interest makes more sense for the story," an insider tells me. Bay will start casting immediately for the new female co-star. Let's hear your suggestions, readers...

So did Megan deserve to get fired? I say yes. No actor/actress can expect to go around dissing a director and expect to work together as if nothing happened. Much less the egotistical Bay. But in Fox, he had met his match. Why, as recently as this week Megan was quoted as dissing Bay yet again. In recent months she has shown off a more natural skin hue instead of her usual orange color -- and blamed the Transformers helmer for her unhealthy tanning binge. "I had been tanning a lot so that Michael would be happy with my skin tone. Every spare moment of sun that was outside, I had to be in it," the 24-year-old actress lamented in Allure magazine. "It's not going to happen again because of the damage and the possible skin cancer."

This is without doubt a huge blow to Megan's career, already damaged by her inability to open Twentieth's Fox Atomic film Jennifer's Body last September. The R-rated feminist horror flick did a pathetic $6.8M weekend for a script by Juno's Diablo Cody for a domestic total of only $16.2M and a worldwide take of just $31.5M. And talk about bad timing: right now she's doing publicity for her role in Jonah Hex to be released June 18th. Guess what everyone will ask her?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

As vacuous as she is, I still thought Fox was one of the few appealing things in the first film. I mean dumb girlfriend character played by dumb actress. It was perfect casting. She probably wanted out of her contract anyway.

I'd rather there was no Michael Bay.

I'd rather there was no Michael Bay.
    +1

I'd take Fox over Bay any day.... in so many ways :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

+1

I'd take Fox over Bay any day.... in so many ways :)

That sounds so wrong :p Sounds like a twisted threesome.

Well if that's what I have to do then so be it :)

I wonder how casually they'll write her out... It will be just like Terminator 3!

"Hey, where's the chick from the first two movies?"

"Oh.. she died."

• Registered Users Posts: 86,393 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sources close to the production of Transformers 3 confirm to EW that Megan Fox’s option for the film has not been renewed. Contrary to earlier reports, however, the decision is not a personal vendetta. The source tells EW that it was logical, considering the direction of the script, which sees leading man Shia LaBeouf developing a new love interest.

:eek::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I wonder how casually they'll write her out... It will be just like Terminator 3!

"Hey, where's the chick from the first two movies?"

"Oh.. she died."

"she could fight the decepticons......but she couldnt fight cancer"

So his new love interest will serve the story, I'm guessing she'll be someone who has her own beef/history with the decepticons or whatever.

• Advertisement

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    So his new love interest will serve the story, be eye candy. I'm guessing she'll be someone who has her own beef/history with the decepticons or whatever is super hawt!.

FYP

Advertisement