Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon [** SPOILERS FROM POST 823 ONWARD **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

"Quick, Optimus needs to be oiled and refueled!"

Cue five hour long refuelling montage.

In 3D ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Galvasean wrote: »
    In 3D ;)

You can almost feel the castor oil!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

A serious, dark and gritty reboot would be good. More realism.

Ah here, realism? In regards to Transformers? ;)

I would like to see a more compelling storyline and better writing though. It's hard to say whether Bay's explosion laden films have made that more possible or more unlikely. You could say the studio, knowing the popularity of the franchise, would be willing to green light a script which dials back on the mindless action. You could also say though that Bay has established a formula that works fantastically well and the studio will not want to tamper with that winning formula.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

*if you like to know nothing about future films then dont read any further*

so i figured you guys might like to see this the first is a video of them filming 4 wingsuiters flying threw chicago dirty low and deploying their parachutes. this is apparently part of the opening scene and the video is filmed by a skydiver who just happens to live were they were filming and took it from his balcony.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xu5zINb-Kho&feature=related

and here are a group of pictures taken of the street and surrounds that they were filming on, the set and new cars look pretty cool. its a facebook album but i didnt need to be friends with the guy to see them so you shouldnt either

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=184038&id=638102423&l=8d6d1b70a6

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Here's a link to some more official looking pics that showed up today. Hopefully it won't be as bad as the 2nd one. I really enjoyed the first one.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/45737

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I actually really enjoyed the 1st film. My jaw dropped at the CGI and there was a sense that it was a big summer fùckbuster of a movie. The soundtrack was excellent, too.

The 2nd one bored the shìt outta me, I was psyched to see it but I just sat there in the cinema wondering when it'll be over..............and then it just ended! The childish humour was really painful and the soundtrack was strangely crap compared to the 1st film's.

I'll still see this next one to complete the trilogy and hopefully Bay will have learned his lesson.

I think the bets are that this will considered: "Better than the 2nd one but definitely not the 1st film!"

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

So we get
    Shockwave
    as the main bad guy for the third film and still no mention of the Dinobots?!?!?!?!?!?!

Damn you Bay, Damn you :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Duggy747 wrote: »
    I actually really enjoyed the 1st film. My jaw dropped at the CGI and there was a sense that it was a big summer fùckbuster of a movie. The soundtrack was excellent, too.

The 2nd one bored the shìt outta me, I was psyched to see it but I just sat there in the cinema wondering when it'll be over..............and then it just ended! The childish humour was really painful and the soundtrack was strangely crap compared to the 1st film's.

I'll still see this next one to complete the trilogy and hopefully Bay will have learned his lesson.

I think the bets are that this will considered: "Better than the 2nd one but definitely not the 1st film!"

I think the last 1/3 or so really messed up TF2. It was such a long boring sequences from the moment they end up at the pyramids to the end of the film. If Bay could have cooked up a more sharper finale then it would have been a solid action movie. I liked the first hour or so.

WEll Bay and co. say they've taken all the criticism on board and plan to change the 3rd film to suit. How true that is remains to be seen...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

WEll Bay and co. say they've taken all the criticism on board and plan to change the 3rd film to suit. How true that is remains to be seen...

MORE explosions!!

• Advertisement

Who are the Nascars with the guns? Oh please be Stunticons!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Primes trailer!!!! :D

The trailer begs the question, what will it be used for? Gun platform? Powermaster ad on for Prime? Will we get to see Roller?

The trailer begs the question, what will it be used for? Gun platform? Powermaster ad on for Prime? Will we get to see Roller?
    Is it bad that im hoping for a powermaster :o

Is it bad that im hoping for a powermaster :o

Well they sorta made him a powermaster at the end of #2

211982174_727784b4e2.jpgTF2BusterOptimusPrime4.jpg

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Didn't it used to just dissappear in the cartoons? Or maybe it's sole reason for existence is to BLOW UP!

sorry bout clip quality....

Well they sorta made him a powermaster at the end of #2
    True but powermaster to me is always this
    pmprime1.jpg

Although more recently I did love this one
    r_superoptimusprime069.jpg&sa=X&ei=zLA7TLqmJePGOPzE7fcM&ved=0CAQQ8wc4Cg&usg=AFQjCNF7mhxKzXmt3Sm5bGa_Dhc2Ni0aAw

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Powermaster?....does Optimus need to lose weight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

I miss the metal toys.
    They rocked

Powermaster?....does Optimus need to lose weight?

Yes.
    ginger_optimus-prime-old-fat-guy.jpg

• Advertisement

Who are the Nascars with the guns? Oh please be Stunticons!!! :D

Have a feeling it will be. There is meant to be a Decepti combiner in this one that is not the Constructicons.

I am a bit worried that we may see the Aerialbots on the autobot side to bring Superion into play.

And no Dinobots :mad: Which I will go on and on and on and on about. :D

Yes.
    ginger_optimus-prime-old-fat-guy.jpg

What is even funnier is the name of the poster that has been the first to thank Galv's post. :D

Kess73 wrote: »
    What is even funnier is the name of the poster that has been the first to thank Galv's post. :D
    Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :(

Its ironic because Grimlock has such a weak chin... (except when Nick Roche draws him)

maxpre_1228503778.jpg

Its ironic because Grimlock has such a weak chin... (except when Nick Roche draws him)

maxpre_1228503778.jpg

Hey lay off Grimlock, him no bozo. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Looks like Michael Bay is cutting down on the destruction-:D
    chicagomesssmall.jpgt3fat2.jpg

One thing I must give Bay credit for is his insistence on actually blowing things up when most would just CGI it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

One thing I must give Bay credit for is his insistence on actually blowing things up when most would just CGI it.

Say what you will about Bay (and I could say a lot) but his stubborn demands to make pretty much everything on screen explode is indeed oddly admirable. If he is remembered for anything, it should probably be for a strange ability to frame explosions well. He should just lay off the slo-mo... and all that other stuff too

IMG_2570_2.jpg

Do my eyes deceive me or is that a transformer with hair? Jesus Bay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

and a moustache i think?

Advertisement