Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon [** SPOILERS FROM POST 823 ONWARD **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Tenner bets he has a German accent. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Could be Alpha Trion:

Avatars_Transformers_Alpha_Trion.jpg

He started the whole Transformers with facial hair thing anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Is that Albert Einstein in robot form? :confused:

Expectations lowered.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    IMG_2570_2.jpg

Do my eyes deceive me or is that a transformer with hair? Jesus Bay.

Damn you are loving your jesus pic. :D

Not only does it seem to have hair, but look at the eyes. It seems to be designed to look like an old robot wearing glasses.

Based on the circular scarring on his 'skullcap' it appears he may also have been lobotomized! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Galvasean wrote: »
    Is that Albert Einstein in robot form? :confused:

Expectations lowered.

i find it shocking you have expectations that can actually be lowered?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Dr arkeville pehaps ?

after all john malkovich is in this :)

hopefully its just some generic thing thrown up for effect.

that said there are pics up on seibertron reporting to show ol shockwaves head and it does look kinda like him.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,229 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Not surprised, sure that old Transformer in the second one had bloody walking stick for cryin' out loud!

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Not surprised, sure that old Transformer in the second one had bloody walking stick for cryin' out loud!

and i know most people blocked it out but bumblebee did cry aswell like a blubbering child and peed on john tuturo.

*sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

bahahaha now this Bayformer3 looks kinda interesting, with that facial robot hairs. bahahaha

• Advertisement

that said there are pics up on seibertron reporting to show ol shockwaves head and it does look kinda like him.

Checked out Seibertron and found this. Looks a bit more like a proper Shocky.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Oh dear.... I think I may actually give this one a miss. Damn you Bay!

I hate that stupid face. I was cautiously optimistic based on what little has been seen and then that damn stupid looking face dashes all hope. Ah well, better now than on opening night I suppose.

I'm now waiting for Bay to make a complete and utter f*ck up of this in such a way that the studio realises that the movie going public won't go see any more of this sh1te and reboot it.

Christopher Nolan please :)

sprinkles wrote: »
    I'm now waiting for Bay to make a complete and utter f*ck up of this in such a way that the studio realises that the movie going public won't go see any more of this sh1te and reboot it.

Here's the thing, Revenge of the Fallen made an insane amount of money at the box office. Heck, it was second on to Avatar last year. The studios obviously see the formula they have as a winning one and won't change it (despite them saying otherwise) unless ticket sales plumet. Kids absolutely love the franchise in it's current form and lap it up en masse. Simply, it's making too much money for them to significantly change it.
    Sprinkles wrote:

Don't say that. Thinking about that only makes me sad coz it's not real. :(

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,229 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I remember being excited when i heard Spielberg and Zemeckis were meant to be doing a transformers movie before the first one. Damn you Michael Bay!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

sprinkles wrote: »

Oh Jesus no. Please let Nolan keep making stuff with a hint of originality, and not get trapped in his own success.

clearly not satisfied with offensive black stereotypes Bay will be introducing jewish stereotypes into the film.

Which is what I came to when I looked at that face again and said to myself *think like Bay, think like bay*

and I saw it

Its clearly a robot that will embody old jewish man stereotype (as seen in indepedence day)

either that or its doc brown in robot form and we are about to get the ultimate franchise crossover

mikhail wrote: »
    Oh Jesus no. Please let Nolan keep making stuff with a hint of originality, and not get trapped in his own success.
    And what about Batman was original? He took a tired old recipe, one that had thought to be beyond redemption and didn't just make a great movie but he's partly responsible for the huge emphasis on comic book adaptations currently around Hollywood because he showed that if they are taken seriously and treated like a real movie rather that a "how many toys can we sell from this" kinda movie then it will return big rewards at the box office.

That said, I know he'd never do it, and it'll be years and years before Bay's attempts are buried and the franchise rebooted.

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    clearly not satisfied with offensive black stereotypes Bay will be introducing jewish stereotypes into the film.

Which is what I came to when I looked at that face again and said to myself *think like Bay, think like bay*

and I saw it

Its clearly a robot that will embody old jewish man stereotype (as seen in indepedence day)

either that or its doc brown in robot form and we are about to get the ultimate franchise crossover

There was already jewish stereotypes in the second one. You not remember the scene with John Toturro in the butcher shop?

• Advertisement

I remember being excited when i heard Spielberg and Zemeckis were meant to be doing a transformers movie before the first one. Damn you Michael Bay!!

Don't know if Spielberg would do much better after the whole indy 4 fiasco.

but they were not *robot* jewish stereotypes cause thats where the real charm comes from.

Depends how close he lets lucas near it...

True that. He's still the main producer on the transformers franchise anyway though right?

True that. He's still the main producer on the transformers franchise anyway though right?

Yup. He hired Bay too.

Damn you Senior Spielbergo!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Heres a video of some on-set action in Chicago.http://www.aintitcool.com/node/45846 .It seems the opening sequence is set during the Kennedy era and on the moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

This might be overkill on the pictures but heres a load (hey ladies,see if you can spot Doctor MacDreamy):D
    http://thechive.com/2010/07/20/transformers-3-has-made-chicago-an-awesomely-expensive-playground-40-photos/

LOL

transformers-filming-27.jpg?w=500&h=375

• Advertisement

Unless you're a movie fan, in which case the sign should say
    Filming
    involving
    Michael Bay

Advertisement