Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon [** SPOILERS FROM POST 823 ONWARD **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Venom wrote: »
    Richard, I have never encountered anyone with such bad taste in TV shows and movies as you have :eek:

Ah now, let's not start throwing accusatuions of 'bad taste' about in the Films forum. Things will get messy.

PS: Over-analysis of the freeway fight scene LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

^ i'll never get over what i said before, cars and planes transforming in under a second....no way i'll buy it, it's just cheap, rushed CGI...that's the problem i have, it costs less money to transform quickly then do it slow...thus cheap.

And i don't include the initial Optimus transform sequence, that was utter class, what about that cop car chasing Shia in the underground parking lot?...it transformed in like a second or two, it looked DREADFUL!

Wait, your problem is suspension of disbelief?:eek:

Whatever about the quality of the Transformers movies, you can't knock the CGI. I don't understand how you equate, quick transformation with cheap fx. The only real problem with the action sequences was how Bay framed and shot them - his usual tight shots with kinetic editing don't lend itself to easily discernible giant monster mayhem action. Probably the only he thing he got right with the sequel, was that he learned to keep the camera back and use more wide shots.

Clear pick of Shockwave and Soundwave's heads:

Soundwave-Shockwave-Heads_1280089839.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Got a clip here of explosions being filmed in Chicago courtesy of AICN
    http://www.aintitcool.com/node/45943 Bay doing what he does best,blowing sh1t up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Advertisement

A load of on-set photo's here,too many to put up so here's the link.
    http://thechive.com/2010/07/26/so-i-snuck-onto-the-set-of-transformers-3-56-hq-photos/

This is pretty cool-a bit too much time on their hands but....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Galvasean wrote: »
    Clear pick of Shockwave and Soundwave's heads:

Soundwave-Shockwave-Heads_1280089839.jpg

Interesting.

At least Shockwave is kinda like the Gen 1 version. Soundwave looks a bit like a zombie Prime.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,229 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Article about a set visit in chicago here: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/46274

The official title of the next Transformers movie is Transformers 3: The Dark of the Moon, according to fansite Sibertron.

Collider reports that sources close to the production on the Michael Bay-directed action sequel have confirmed the name.

The title also appears in a series of books related to the film available for pre-order on Amazon.

Franchise veterans Shia LaBeouf, Josh Duhamel and Tyrese Gibson are starring in the movie along with newcomers Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Alan Tudyk and John Malkovich.

The film is expected to hit US cinemas on July 1, 2011.
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a280733/official-transformers-3-title-leaks.html

• Advertisement

Terrible terrible name....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Needs more "side"

darkside.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

+1

sweet jesus. the comics and the cartoons can come up with better names so why the hell cant the multi millionaire scriptwriters/production teams ?

lends credence to the supposed leak post about the first trailer featuring
    an incident on the moon culminating in a shot of JFK in the white house

ive come to the conclusion that i should just accept these things for what they are. i reckon i'll only get to see a "real" TF film when its rebooted ala what nolans done with batman.

for better or worse were stuck in the "tim burton" era of the franchise.

only plus is it cant be worse than the second as at least this time theres no writers strike to **** things up letting bay get WAY too much input.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Not got anything in particular to add about the prospective third film as I know nothing about it but I think in general the Bay TF films get way too much stick. I was a MASSIVE Transformers fanboy as a kid (and frankly a bit older than a kid too). I loved the cartoon, I've still got around 250 of the comics, I can happily watch the animated movie on a Sunday afternoon. There's so much that I'd have done differently if I was making the films but behind the technical issues of the way that characters look, and the annoying character changes the director and writers made, I think the heart of the story is there. At the end of the day this has always been a very basic story about good vs evil manifesting itself in the form of giant robots fighting eachother.

Were the twins any more annoying that Blurr or Wheelie? I remember people criticising Bay for putting in the Transformer who looked like a human, as if ignoring or not being away of Pretenders in the Transformers Universe. There's loads to pick holes in in terms of Bay's skills as a filmmaker but in a sense you have to know what to expect when you take in a Michael Bay Transformers film. It isn't going to be dark. It is going to be silly. It's going to have lots of explosions. but that is Transformers.

I happened to watch the first one on Blu-Ray last night and quite enjoyed it. I've only seen the second one the once, in the cinema, but I was blown away by it at the time. I picked it up on Blu-Ray this week and will probably watch it on Sunday. Second time round I don't expect to like it as much and will probably pick up on a lot of the thnigs that annoy so many people about that film.

Overall I'm a pretty hard person to please when it comes to Hollywood revisiting the franchises which I grew up with. The Star Wars prequels, the new Indy, Superman Returns, even the recent Star Trek which so many people loved, I didn't like. All I ask from filmmakers is that they treat these franchises with an element of respect and that at the heart of them is the same ethos and message that I latched onto as a kid. Stallone got that right with Rocky Balboa and I think Bay does with Transformers, probably more so that many other TF reboots over the years.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Were the twins any more annoying that Blurr or Wheelie?

THIS.

Pair of gits..

THIS.

Pair of gits..

Don't forget Arcee.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Don't forget Arcee.

She was a good enough character. Not mad about the perm though...

To ad to Beefy78's point, a lot of the stuff that get's flak in the Bay movies is stuff that was in the original cartoon/toyline.

Annoying comic relief sidekick robots?
    wheelie-transformers-001_1201322660.jpg
    Check.

Annoying kid character?
    Danielwitwickytftm.jpg
    Check.

Robots with facial hair?
    Wreckgar1_1285049919.jpg
    Check.

Senile robots?
    kup.jpg
    Check.

Robots with speach impediments?
    Grimlock.jpg
    Check.

Gender specific robots?
    arcee1.jpg
    Check.

Robots disguised as people?
    grimlock3a.jpg
    Check.

Hate it if you will, but don't try and pretend that Michael Bay is the one who brought all the silly stuff to Transformers.

She was a good enough character. Not mad about the perm though...

To ad to Beefy78's point, a lot of the stuff that get's flak in the Bay movies is stuff that was in the original cartoon/toyline.

Annoying comic relief sidekick robots?
    wheelie-transformers-001_1201322660.jpg
    Check.

Annoying kid character?
    Danielwitwickytftm.jpg
    Check.

Robots with facial hair?
    Wreckgar1_1285049919.jpg
    Check.

Senile robots?
    kup.jpg
    Check.

Robots with speach impediments?
    Grimlock.jpg
    Check.

Gender specific robots?
    arcee1.jpg
    Check.

Robots disguised as people?
    grimlock3a.jpg
    Check.

Hate it if you will, but don't try and pretend that Michael Bay is the one who brought all the silly stuff to Transformers.

I have made no comment about Bay bringing anything to Transformers. Nothing that Bay brought to his films was not already touched upon in the comics over the past 25 years or so. I was just commenting on Arcee being a **** character in the comics and original movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I dont like the transformers movies because they are bad movies.

Has nothing to do with childhoods or any of that crap.

Kess73 wrote: »
    I have made no comment about Bay bringing anything to Transformers.

Never said you did?

• Advertisement

Never said you did?

Your reply to my post, which you quoted, ended with

"Hate it if you will, but don't try and pretend that Michael Bay is the one who brought all the silly stuff to Transformers."

So it is kinda easy to see where I am coming from.

I expect a heartfelt apology, some nice chocolates, and the starring role in your next zombie film to act as your attempt to make it up to me. :p

It's in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Will be reluctant after the disaster that was the second movie, but hopefully, as is the case with these trilogies, they learn their mistakes after the ****ty second part and improve all of these things or the third part.

Will be reluctant after the disaster that was the second movie, but hopefully, as is the case with these trilogies, they learn their mistakes after the ****ty second part and improve all of these things or the third part.

I was hopefull when they came out and said they made big mistakes with the second one and needed to change the tone for the third. Then I saw Shockwave was the villain and some cool looking battle cars. This made me even more hopeful.

...then I saw this. :(

What the hell is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

What the hell is that?

DocBrown-itron or something... :pac:

What the hell is that?

*cries*

I JUST DON'T KNOW!!!!

Well, anythgin that gives Shia LaBeouf less screen time is a good thing to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

...then I saw this. :(

:eek: Great Scott!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,383 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Step 1: Ignore Michael Bay films, purge memory of Transformers 1+2

Step 2:

Step 3: Success!

Advertisement